It's official. QB, Bo Mitchell commits to SMU.

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

It's official. QB, Bo Mitchell commits to SMU.

Post by Sportsbow »

LINK: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/co ... cid=764007

January 20, 2008

Jeremy Crabtree
Recruiting Editor

Katy, Texas, quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell originally made a commitment to Hawaii, but with the hire of June Jones at SMU, the 6-foot-1, 185-pounder decided to check out the Ponies this weekend on an official visit.

Bo Levi Mitchell is heading to SMU now.
The visit ended up being a good one for SMU, as the all-metro selection decided to pull the trigger and switch from Hawaii to SMU.

"It's always great to get to play closer to home, because your friends and family can always come see you all the time," Mitchell said. "But for me it's a better overall decision. SMU is a great academic institution, and that was something that was really important to me. It's just a great decision for me."

Mitchell said Jones told him that SMU will be throwing the ball quite a bit when he gets to campus.

"We're going to hit the ground running and rack up all those yards in the air," Mitchell said. "It's going to be a great fit for me, and I think it'll be really attractive to a lot of other top recruits in Texas."

Mitchell said SMU had a small crop of visitors in this weekend along with himself.

"There was a juco quarterback and some offensive linemen," Mitchell said.

warriorfanatic
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: It's official. QB, Bo Mitchell commits to SMU.

Post by warriorfanatic »

in my opinion this is no biggie. there must be over a hundred division one teams and the only division one offer mitchell had was hawaii until smu came in. i know he's about 5'10 but if he was any good, why wouldnt somebody else have offered him? he play's in the state of texas where there is football recruiters everywhere.

senorhayabusa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by senorhayabusa »

oh well NEXT

JJ looking for a lot of QB's i guess: Kevin Craft, Bo Mitchell, Braden Smith...gonna get crowded real soon.

GoWarriorsGo
All-conference
All-conference

Post by GoWarriorsGo »

We'll be fine.

jahplaya808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by jahplaya808 »

this is a blessing, we can use the scholarship that we were gonna give to him to a different and better player.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

He wanted to play for JJ. UH needs players who want to play for Hawaii. JJ is doing what he did when he first came here. He is going after quarterbacks, receivers and olinemen. He will go thru a pile of quarterbacks just to find the one that he needs. Once he finds that one you can expect that a lot of the others who did not get the job will transfer. I am thinking that he will try to find a quarterback with local (Texas) ties. This will bring in the fans. Mitchell could be the one but after JJ gets him on film and on the team if he does not like what he sees and goes with someone else will Bo be able to sit back like Tyler did?
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

GoWarriorsGo wrote:We'll be fine.
Yep UH already has a good crop of quarterbacks.

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

Anyone who came in would have redshirted anyway. Once everyone sees we still throw the ball next year the QB's will still send their tapes.

rainbow warrior
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by rainbow warrior »

boy what a surprise is anybody shocked, :lol:

pinoysolja
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by pinoysolja »

warriorfanatic wrote:in my opinion this is no biggie. there must be over a hundred division one teams and the only division one offer mitchell had was hawaii until smu came in. i know he's about 5'10 but if he was any good, why wouldnt somebody else have offered him? he play's in the state of texas where there is football recruiters everywhere.
funny how spme ppl ssay it no big loss if a recruit decides elsewhere...but when he comes here, "WOW! what a great get, looks like a baller"...fact is bo mitchell is a good one that got away...proven winner...good luck to him at SMU.
Either your with us or against us!

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Waryor »

funny how spme ppl ssay it no big loss if a recruit decides elsewhere...but when he comes here, "WOW! what a great get, looks like a baller"...fact is bo mitchell is a good one that got away...proven winner...good luck to him at SMU.
not me.

i watched the state championship game and at that time, i already said i wasn't impressed. i also criticized his height, i said at the time, that he didn't look 6 feet to me. probably more like 5-10... 5-11 at the most.

so i for one, can honestly say... NO LOSS! :D

hot route
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by hot route »

i laughed when he said "other top recruits in texas". you're far from a top recruit, kid.

Gaara
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Gaara »

wow what a douche bag
Pliny wrote:
SundayJam wrote:Inoke was absolutely terrible today.
Why would anyone make excuses for him?

That's all I'm gonna say.

What was so terrible about him aside from the int's

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

pinoysolja wrote:
warriorfanatic wrote:in my opinion this is no biggie. there must be over a hundred division one teams and the only division one offer mitchell had was hawaii until smu came in. i know he's about 5'10 but if he was any good, why wouldnt somebody else have offered him? he play's in the state of texas where there is football recruiters everywhere.

I celebrate every player who chooses to become a Warrior. I am a Warrior fan. If a player chooses another school let their fans celebrate.

roygbivs
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
MLB: Milwaukee, ATL
NBA: Boston [NHL:Vancouver]
NFL: Dallas Cowboys

Post by roygbivs »

no problem man!!! this is not really a good fit anyway because it's all about the MONEY...anyways, this qb, i'll take my #6 against him anyday because tyler a winner!!!! didn't june always tell us that?!

Tyler, kick some butt!!!