*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Hey warriorfan808!

Post by wyokie »

Got an interesting question for ya.

Whenever I see a post from you, I end up reading your signature saying what the WAC's and MWC's post season records for the past 2 years are.

Well, here's my question: what will you do if the MWC bowl record ends up being better than the WAC's this year? My conference has an excellent shot of going 3-0 with my Pokes having the toughest of the three matchups. Wyoming/UCLA, New Mexico/Navy, & Utah/Pitt. Whereas the WAC has Fresno/UVA, UTEP/Colorado, Boise/Louisville, & Hawaii/UAB.

Not to sound arrogant but, it looks like the MWC will finally prove on the field whose better. FINALLY. :roll: I still say the idiot Prezs should've just added TWO schools, not the SIX we ended up getting back in 1996!!!!

But, as I say this, with my lousy luck, it wouldn't shock me if Navy torpeodoes the Lobos and Pitt destroys Utah. :roll:

BTW, I was actually surprised Fresno beat Virginia. Hawaii beating UAB was expected.

uhwarriors_17
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by uhwarriors_17 »

well in the mwc it looks like you guys will go 2-1... there is no way in hell navy loses to new mexico and i think utah will beat pitt

in the wac we already have 2 wins with Hawaii over UAB and Fresno beating Virginia in overtime yesterday... UTEP can beat colorado and i think Boise has no chance against Louisville so it looks like we may go 3-1 but we will definately match your win total
GO WARRIORS!!

Congrats Timmy Chang NCAA all time career passing leader!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

uhwarriors_17 wrote:well in the mwc it looks like you guys will go 2-1... there is no way in hell navy loses to new mexico and i think utah will beat pitt.
Hate to agree with you on the Navy/UNM game, the Lobos will probably screw up a golden opportunity near the Golden Gate Bridge in the Emerald Bowl. I think that last time the Lobos won a bowl, Dwight Eisenhower was in the White House! :roll: eyeball roll to the max

Utah will either barely beat OR outright destroy Pitt.
in the wac we already have 2 wins with Hawaii over UAB and Fresno beating Virginia in overtime yesterday... UTEP can beat colorado and i think Boise has no chance against Louisville so it looks like we may go 3-1 but we will definately match your win total
You might have a point. But, I think CU-Boulder will beat the Miners.....barely. As for the Liberty Bowl, that's a major league tossup. Either team could win that one.

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

We'll see what happens. We'll never know who's better between the two unless we have a bowl game putting the WAC against the MWC. As for how well our conference will do this post season, I still believe the WAC will go undefeated. Louisville will lose to Boise. Yes, you all heard it here first. They have announced that Petrino is talking to LSU as we speak to fill their head coaching void. That's a whole lot to put on a team right before they go into a bowl game. I don't think they'll come into the game with the right mind set. The same can be said for Utah. They're losing their offensive coordinator and head coach, how are their kids suppose to give their 100% with that hanging over their heads. The MWC greed will catch up with them. The WAC will go 4-0 and the MWC will lose it's next two games :P

Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by 10 »

I'd like to see a WAC#2 vs MWC#2 bowl game.

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

10 wrote:I'd like to see a WAC#2 vs MWC#2 bowl game.
why stop at #2. Currently the MWC and ConUSA have their number 1 schools up against each other, unless one of them goes to a BCS game. We all know that the WAC is much stronger than the watered down ConUSA. I'm not sure when their contract is up, but a Boise State vs. Utah match up will be a lot better than what the Conf USA can come up with. Who will be their powerhouse next year? UAB? Marshall? Come on, none of them schools can dominate the top WAC schools. I say we put our champs against each other. At least we wouldn't have to build up a rivalry.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

If Utah wins tonight, MWC will finish the bowl season better than the WAC. 2-1 vs. 2-2. 8)

BTW, I KNEW the Bozos (Lobos) were going to tank in the Emerald Bowl! Their last bowl win was during Dwight Eisenhower adimistration!!!!

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

wyokie wrote:If Utah wins tonight, MWC will finish the bowl season better than the WAC. 2-1 vs. 2-2. 8)

BTW, I KNEW the Bozos (Lobos) were going to tank in the Emerald Bowl! Their last bowl win was during Dwight Eisenhower adimistration!!!!
sorry man. In my book, we tied. I don't consider Utep a part of the WAC anymore :P They should have went to the SVC bowl which would have been an easy win for them.

In all honesty, we may not have won all our games, but we showed the nation what the WAC could do. Louisville has to respect Boise for what they did to them and Colorado knows they squeaked by our X member Utep. We're a tough conference and we wont know who the best of the two conferences is until we start playing each other more often.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: ..............

Post by wyokie »

warriorfan808 wrote:
wyokie wrote:sorry man. In my book, we tied. I don't consider Utep a part of the WAC anymore :P They should have went to the SVC bowl which would have been an easy win for them.
WIMP!! :-({|= If ESPN says the WAC went 2-2, they went 2-2!!! Regardless of UTEP!!! So what if they screwed the WAC by joining C-USA!

warriorfan808

Re: ..............

Post by warriorfan808 »

wyokie wrote:
So what if they screwed the WAC by joining C-USA!
haha, spoken like a true MWC fan. You're right though, at least they didn't screw us over as bad as the MWC did.

BigWave96744

my 2 cents

Post by BigWave96744 »

WAC 2-2, MWC 2-1....
Lets see:
-- WAC had 1 more team that MWC
-- Hawaii won convincingly, FSU won in OT, BSU and UTEP could have won on the last play
-- Wyoming won a close one, New Mexico got smoked
-- But the MWC got undefeated Utah schooling Pitt and in my mind should end up Rank #4...

THEREFORE for 2004 both conferences end in a tie :x

Now let's see who's bball conference does better \:D/

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: my 2 cents

Post by wyokie »

BigWave96744 wrote:WAC 2-2, MWC 2-1....
Lets see:
-- WAC had 1 more team that MWC
-- Hawaii won convincingly, FSU won in OT, BSU and UTEP could have won on the last play
-- Wyoming won a close one, New Mexico got smoked
-- But the MWC got undefeated Utah schooling Pitt and in my mind should end up Rank #4...

THEREFORE for 2004 both conferences end in a tie :x
I could live with a tie. Unless, the MWC wins the bowl champions cup (or whatever it's called). All we (MWC) need is for Auburn to win tonight and USC to beat OU tomorrow night.
Now let's see who's bball conference does better \:D/
I'll admit the WAC has better basketball than the MWC but the football far better in the MWC.

BTW, Wyoming's mens basketball team is not doing well (6-5) plus we lost 5 of our last 7. Oh, well. At least the Cowgirls are at 8-3 and doing well.

At the moment, one of Oahu's junior high (or middle school) basketball teams could beat UW's mens team.