Just doing some web searching and look what I found.....

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Maui_Warrior
All-American
All-American

Just doing some web searching and look what I found.....

Post by Maui_Warrior »

Guys talking about Timmy and Chad on the next level......

http://www.jjhuddle.com/discus/messages ... 296645.php

knightryder
Veteran

Post Number: 538
Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 11:30 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was watching the Hawai'i bowl last night and couldn't help but notice QB Timmy Chang and WR Chad Owens for Hawai'i. Chang can really throw the ball all over a defense and does it from the pocket. He can also run when he has to. Owens, Chang's favorite target, can do it all. He's quick and athletic and makes big plays. He returned a punt for a TD last night. If I'm Cleveland I would take a look at these guys in the later rounds. Chang can pass from the pocket, just like they want, and he knows how to read a defense. Owens could be the next Antwan Randall El. The only knock on these guys would be that they have played in a warm climate their whole careers and may not be able to handle the cold cleveland winters. I was just pondering this last night during the game, it may not hurt to take a chance on these guys in the 4th or 5th round.

smokeinboysroom
Varsity

Post Number: 175
Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 11:38 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They play in a very fast pace offence, which Cleveland does not have

knightryder
Veteran

Post Number: 539
Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 11:42 am:

yeah i know, any offense they will go into in the NFL is not that face paced because no one runs the run and shoot. However, Chang knows how to make proper reads which none of our qb's know how to do and he can zip the ball in there. He also does not hold on to the ball long. Chad Owens would be great on special teams.

(Message edited by knightryder on December 25, 2004)

svcztfan
Hall of Famer
Location: Zane Trace HS Baseball Pitchers/Catchers report: Feb 21 2005 Opener: March 28

Post Number: 10531
Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 11:57 am:

I have watched these two guys in about four games this year and they are both tough!

joea1010
Huddle Legend

Post Number: 7182
Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 12:02 pm:

Someone is going to get a player in Owens. You can throw out all the typical stuff from scouts, this guy can simply play.

eagle scout
Huddle Legend
Location: Reigning Federal Hocking Alumni 3-Point Shootout Champ

Post Number: 6551
Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 12:59 pm:

Chang is the all-time NCAA leader in passing yards now, but doesn't get the notoriety playing at Hawaii. That, and he throws a boatload if INT's. I haven't checked the stats, but I'm thinking he is also one of the NCAA's all-time INT leaders. That kind of thing happens when you throw the ball that much.

NilesDragon
All Star

Post Number: 2316
Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 01:59 pm:

Chang has thrown in the range of 117 touchdowns and around 80 interceptions.

red_n_gold85
Veteran
Location: Wintersville-Home of the Indian Creek Redskins 2004 -- 7-3 Pittsburgh Steelers 13-1 AFC North Champs!

Post Number: 737
Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 02:13 pm:

he has thrown 80 ints but as eagle scout said.. when you throw the ball that much, ints will tend to happen alot more than usual

svcztfan
Hall of Famer
Location: Zane Trace HS Baseball Pitchers/Catchers report: Feb 21 2005 Opener: March 28

Post Number: 10536
Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 04:02 pm:

I think Owens is the one for sure that we will see in the NFL!

Wildcat24
All Star

Post Number: 1018
Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 09:28 pm:

Chang is the all-time interceptions leader in the NCAA

Bengals_Pride
Huddle Legend
Location: Chillicothe, Ohio! Home of the Cavaliers! Go Bengals & Buckeyes!

Post Number: 7409
Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 09:30 pm:

Owens is a friggin beast.

MerkLaw

Post Number: 1875
Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 09:40 pm:

Owens should make a lot of money in The Show.
I don't think Chang will. He doesn't have nearly the tall and/or stout body that Rothleisberger, Palmer, Leftwich, Peyton and most NFL QBs have, and he has not played nearly the competition level that those guys played (MAC is a ton better league than the WAC), and he's not close to Eli Manning either. I really liked watching him in college, but I see his fantastic numbers as being a virtual clone of the David Klingler situation coming out of college. I will say June Jones is a ton better coach than John Jenkins ever was, so he is probably much better trained. Still, I think he'd get chewed up and spat out like toothpicks the first NFL game he played where he didn't have a great O-Line.

(Message edited by MerkLaw on December 25, 2004)

svcztfan
Hall of Famer

Post Number: 10544
Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 10:08 pm:

I don't care where this guys played or what offense they run! What a year by both of them!

Timmy Chang QB

(2004) 358-602 60%

38 TD's
13 INT
4258 yards
135.39 QB Rating

117 TD's and 17,072 yards for his career! (Both are NCAA Career Records)

Chad Owens WR/PR

102 Catches
1290 yards
17 TD's

He also returned five punts for TD's this year!

(Message edited by svcztfan on December 25, 2004)

lineman05
Veteran

Post Number: 652
Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 10:57 pm:

Some one said they'd be a nice pick up in the 4th-5th. I would Say Owens shouldn't go no later than 3rd. What's unbelievable is that Owens was a walk on. He reminds me of Randle El too. Chang will prob go late. He'll make a good back-up.

knightryder
Veteran

Post Number: 540
Posted on Sunday, December 26, 2004 - 12:29 am:

I bet Owens will fall because he 1. played in Hawaii and 2. is not that big. He'll be a steal for somebody.

4crazyknights
All American

Post Number: 313
Posted on Sunday, December 26, 2004 - 01:45 am:

I was just wondering what the apostrophe is in Hawai'i. I noticed it while watching the game and couldn't figure out why it was in there. Anyone know?

knightryder
Veteran

Post Number: 541
Posted on Sunday, December 26, 2004 - 02:06 am:

Me too 4crazyknights....i think they just started doing it a few years ago...i think it is so it is pronounced right.

lineman05
Veteran

Post Number: 654
Posted on Sunday, December 26, 2004 - 02:51 am:

I think that is the actual spelling and for some reason now they are starting to do it the proper way.

flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Seahawks

Post by flipen »

haha. talking about the spelling of hawai'i. :lol:

uhwarriors_17
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by uhwarriors_17 »

cool find, thanks
GO WARRIORS!!

Congrats Timmy Chang NCAA all time career passing leader!

Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by 10 »

Nice.
It's ironic... these seem to be mainly state of Ohio fans.