What's up with these ESPN announcers

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
warriorfan808

What's up with these ESPN announcers

Post by warriorfan808 »

They were talking about the BCS trophy awarded to the conference, with 3 bowl games or more, with the best win/loss record in bowl games and then they started making excuses for the Wyoming/UCLA loss.

Here is what they said:

When you take top teams from midmajor conferences and put them up against mid lower level BCS schools, they will always have a shot because the BCS school is already banged up.

First off, Wyoming isn't a top midmajor program.

Secondly, do they actually think midmajor programs aren't banged up by the end of the season.

Next, how banged and bruised up can they be when they got so many weeks off before the game was played.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Yup. Those ESPN announcers (one in particular, but I can't remember his name) are so biased toward the current BCS teams.

C'mon Fresno St.

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by PCBoy »

Why are the Boise St logos still on the field for the bowl game?

silent assassin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

espn

Post by silent assassin »

the one guy from espn i found new respect for is shawn salisbury.
he was USC's QB way back when and was a scrub in the NFL.
I never liked him as an analyst until the Fresno St game on ESPN.
He didn't trash talk UH and was always positive. . . .

Stuart Scott on the other hand is a donkey.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: espn

Post by wyokie »

silent assassin wrote:the one guy from espn i found new respect for is shawn salisbury.
he was USC's QB way back when and was a scrub in the NFL.
I never liked him as an analyst until the Fresno St game on ESPN.
He didn't trash talk UH and was always positive. . . .
Agreed, Salisbury was decent as an announcer.
Stuart Scott on the other hand is a donkey.
Got that right!!!!

The one announcer for the Wyoming/UCLA WIN, Mike Gottfried, was horrible. He sounded like he was on drigs or something.

There's a whole thread on the Wyoming Rivals board about it:
http://wyoming.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?f ... =2&Reset=1

Enjoy the read, guys!

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

Is that the white guy who sits in the middle? I don't know man. The guy really irritated me. He kept making excuses for BCS schools that lose to midmajor programs. Why can't he just say, "the better team won".

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: ..................

Post by wyokie »

warriorfan808 wrote:Is that the white guy who sits in the middle? I don't know man. The guy really irritated me. He kept making excuses for BCS schools that lose to midmajor programs. Why can't he just say, "the better team won".
Which game are you talking about: the Wyoming/UCLA win or the Fresno/Virginia game?

CityOfWalrus
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by CityOfWalrus »

wyokie wrote:
warriorfan808 wrote:Is that the white guy who sits in the middle? I don't know man. The guy really irritated me. He kept making excuses for BCS schools that lose to midmajor programs. Why can't he just say, "the better team won".
Which game are you talking about: the Wyoming/UCLA win or the Fresno/Virginia game?
I think he means Trev Albert

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

CityOfWalrus wrote:
wyokie wrote:
I think he means Trev Albert
Oh, O.K. I thought warriorfan808 meant the jackasses calling the games at the actual bowl sites. My bad.

Trev Albert is a complete moron (and that's putting it PG rated)!

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

not the guys calling the games, the guys hosting the bowl games on ESPN. That guy is a complete idiot. Does he actually expect us to believe that midmajors don't have injuries. Also, how he made Wyoming sound like some midmajor powerhouse taking on a beat up BCS school was one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard.

GARRISON
All-American
All-American

Post by GARRISON »

I think that the best announcer/commentator should be Bob Ueker when he was drinking a bottle of hooch in the movie Major League. Now THAT would be entertaining to listen to.

I think he should do it. My friend Dave says he should do it. And who Dave says should commentate carries a lot of weight!
Check out our latest short The WATCHGUARD

silent assassin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

trev albert

Post by silent assassin »

anyone remember the story about trev albert?
He was the LB from Nebraska that the Colts picked ahead of the Fresno QB -what's his name playing for the seahawks now as a backup?

Mel Kiper Jr blasted the colts for that move. . . .

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

I agree with Wyokie - TREV is a complete MORON.
While teams like Michigan, Miami (FL), USC, Oklahoma, etc are, and will consistenly be top notch teams, morons like TREV don't see that teams like Wyoming, Fresno St, Marshall, Boise St., Utah, Hawaii, Louiseville etc. are getting stronger each year.
As I see it, once this BCS monopoly is addressed, the "mid-majors" will have an even better chance at landing the "four and five star" recruits.

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

Islander wrote:I agree with Wyokie - TREV is a complete MORON.
While teams like Michigan, Miami (FL), USC, Oklahoma, etc are, and will consistenly be top notch teams, morons like TREV don't see that teams like Wyoming, Fresno St, Marshall, Boise St., Utah, Hawaii, Louiseville etc. are getting stronger each year.
As I see it, once this BCS monopoly is addressed, the "mid-majors" will have an even better chance at landing the "four and five star" recruits.

The BCS idiots do know that these midmajors are going to get better every year. Why else would they create the BCS. They want all the advantage they can get to keep the man down.

I agree with you on the end of the BCS. Once we can have a fair playing field, the word "midmajor" will have a whole lot less meaning.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Yeah, I agree.

I may be wrong, but didn't the playing feel start leveling out when the number of scholarships available per team were cut.

The BCS teams couldn't hoard all the top players.