2004 Honolulu Advertiser All-State Football team.

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

2004 Honolulu Advertiser All-State Football team.

Post by Sportsbow »

BigWave96744

Change of Times

Post by BigWave96744 »

Did anyone besides me notice that St. Louis was no where to be seen????
Tyson Alualu the only 1st teamer.... and then 1 guy on the 2nd team....

St. Louis used to dominate with like 6-8 1st teamers and like another 6 on the 2nd team...

I don't doubt the voting... I truly believe the league (ILH/OIA/and some outer islands) are balancing out... Once Cal Lee left, I feel many choose to play for their community HS...

silent assassin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

dl

Post by silent assassin »

don't know how good these kids are, but i hope we can secure some other top D-lineman like alualu, the kid from Kamehameha. i think getting brashton and the guy from Aiea is a very good start. . . .

hopefully the guys from Kahuku will stay home. . . .

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Let's hope we can get a couple of big-time JC transfers at DT. The ones we got so far maybe good, but unless their like Falaniko Noga, it'll take a year or two.

Hope LaCount stays home. 6'7, 300 plus pound olineman.

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

we still got that DT transfer from Arizona coming in. He should be able to made an immediate impact. In my opinion, we should build up as much depth as possible on the D line and then rotate them often next season. We keep seeing our guys winded because they're on the field so long.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Oh yeah, I forgot about the JC transfer from Arizona. Hope he's not like that guy that was suppose to transer from USC. I think JJ may have relied too heavily on this former USC player, and when he and Abu didn't pan out, our D paid the price. Thank goodness for Fuga & Faga.

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

I dont think he'll be like that. He came here for family reasons and should stay here.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

We need to start getting some Olinemen too. With Lacount, Lafaele and Sauafea moving to DT, we're gettin thin on the OL.

Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by 10 »

Islander wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot about the JC transfer from Arizona. Hope he's not like that guy that was suppose to transer from USC. I think JJ may have relied too heavily on this former USC player, and when he and Abu didn't pan out, our D paid the price. Thank goodness for Fuga & Faga.
I think the fans were thinking too highly of Austin Jackson. I mean the guy redshirted at USC and went from there to JC. Never played a single down of DI football. Yet he kept being referred to as the great "USC transfer" bleh! :x

Likio is different. He actually got in and played for Arizona State. He left there by personal choice and not because he couldn't cut it.

Also last year we recruited Keala Watson, Tuioti-Mariner, Fale Laeli, and Lawrence Wilson at DT in addition to Jackson. Jones was more than prepared for Jackson not panning out. But he couldn't be prepared for all 5 recruits plus Maafala to not be available to play for us. :(

Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by 10 »

Irse wrote:We need to start getting some Olinemen too. With Lacount, Lafaele and Sauafea moving to DT, we're gettin thin on the OL.
At least we already have at least 2 verbals from OL this year.
If we get Kia and Ieru we're in business. Ieru's a big one I really hope we get.

6 to 8 local guys remaining that we have a shot at, that I hope we get

OL
Ieru
Kia
Lavao (if we'd offer him to play OL)

WR
2 of 3:
Hafoka
Santos
Laupola

DT
Alualu
Latu or Aken-Moleta

LB
Soares

CityOfWalrus
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by CityOfWalrus »

what about Afalava? and aken-moleta is a OL

Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by 10 »

Afalava's another one, but would he play corner or safety? Not sure if we're showing him enough attention. It may be because we're more interested in corners than safeties now, with Perry back, Nauahi and then Tui returning, and the verbal from Kirk Alexander... oh and Khevin Peoples also.
So I'm not sure how much interest there is in Al.

Like Lavao, Hawaii has been interested in recruiting Aken-Moleta as a DT. Haven't heard any word one way or the other on whether he's receptive to that idea, so I'm still remaining a little hopeful for that.