Props for UAB

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Props for UAB

Post by WA Warrior »

I would like to publically state that UAB should garner the respect of the college football world. They have a classy Coach prior and during the game and they have a likeable QB. UAB's coach was gracious to pay respect to, not only his team and players, but to UH, their players, and the great state of Hawai'i. He isn't like the other CUSA teams that came into Aloha Stadium thinking UH can't play ball because they are a bunch of islanders and want to pick a fight. Classy. When Fuga was down, one of the people who was concerned was Hackney, was a class act. I for one wish him a great season next year as well as the UAB team, if it were up to me, compared to other CUSA teams, UAB is welcomed to Aloha Stadium and the great state of Hawai'i anytime!

Aloha and Merry Christmas!

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

SeaBow
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

I second those sentiments

Post by SeaBow »

after the 'heated' first quarter, I thought for sure we were in for another fight. but things settled down and by the 2nd half, I noticed opposing players helping each other up and stuff. at the end of the game, both teams went to mid field and shook hands. Hawaii has gotten an unfair rep the past few years, but i really believe it's poor sportsmanship of the opposing teams. cause it always happens when WE win. if we were such a 'thug' team, then why don't we get into fights when we lose?

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

WA Warrior, how was it to finally go to a UH football game after all these years? Tell us about it.
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

I agree UAB was a class act, they never gave up and played hard till the end.
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Scott wrote:WA Warrior, how was it to finally go to a UH football game after all these years? Tell us about it.
Scott,

Thanks for remembering. I have an somewhat interesting, yet heartbreaking story for you. Well I was suppose to bring the family home for Christmas this year for two reasons, for the relatives to see my son and for me to see my brother before he leaves for Iraq. I had bought tickets to the Hawai'i Bowl, Section Q, Row 6, Seats 3 and 4. The night before we were to leave for Hawai'i, my son was running a 103 degree fever, had diarrhea, his first tooth was coming in, plus he had his first ear infection. Needless to say he was a mess and to top it off, my sister-in-law is 8 months pregnant so even if we showed up with my sick son, exposing her and my unborn niece to a flu is unwise.

Basically, we didn't go, I watched and enjoyed the game from the comfort of my UH velour blanket, my now 100% healthy son, and a salmon dinner. Sure it wasn't sushi, manapua, kalbi, and 80 degree weather but it's cool. My son came first and will always.

The only really bummer thing was I was going to go to UH's practice to get Timmy Chang's, Owen's, Elimimian's, etc autograph on a football for myself and my son. Oh well.

That's what happened Scott, thanks for listening.

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

auloa
Starter
Starter

Class team

Post by auloa »

I agree. I noticed UAB played with pride and although they were obviously fired up during the game, and played hard until the end, they were well coached. Anybody else notice after number 44 got hit with the roughing call, the coach getting his attention and explaining to him what he actually did to the team? Not getting in his face and berating him on national TV. Congrats to UAB as well for playing hard but with class. Man, what a game!

BigWave96744

TRUE

Post by BigWave96744 »

In the first quarter, Roddy White was talking smack to Abe... Abe and Company shut him down the rest of the game and White had nothing negative to say about Abe...

Also Hackney, a Junior, said he learned a lot from watcing Timmy and said he hope to work on his release so he can be like Timmy...

Like I said before, Herman Frazier must have laid a good foundation while AD at UAB

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

I'm finally getting my football signed. I've been putting off getting it signed all this time. I know one of the player's moms and she said she would give my ball to her son to have the team sign it. They're suppose to have a meeting tomorrow, so I lucked out. I'm just hoping C.O., Abe, T.C. and the rest of the seniors make it.

Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by 10 »

I wouldn't go so far as to credit our current AD with UAB's class, even though I understand he used to be at UAB. I'll give'm props by themself on that.

UAB's an up and coming program, and I think that's part of the reason they and their fans were so respectful. There was no "we're supposed to be better than them" attitude from them.

I had an exchange with some Houston fan before last year's bowl and his general feeling was that really, Houston shouldn't even be at Hawaii's "level." They're one of the big cities of Texas and they should be a powerhouse program. And the only reason they aren't is the setback they had when they were left out of the Big XII when the SWC ceased. In the future there will be no comparison and Houston will be a much more powerful program than Hawaii.

In the meantime, we beat them with our 2nd string QB, Timmy Chang :lol: