All-American

Post by AreaCode808 »

another one bites the dust :(

silent assassin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

bass

Post by silent assassin »

too bad, mike was an okay player when he was healthy. he had the napoleon kaufmann syndrome: feet too fast for his body, always falling down in space.

hopefully ilaoa will get into shape and step up as the feature back.

fulingyu
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by fulingyu »

anyone else read that Ray Bass was dismissed from the team? hope we pick up a big time corner in the off season..

-Fu

Ldub20
All-American
All-American

Post by Ldub20 »

Wow! This is getting crazy! Losing Pearman still hurts and is looking like a bigger lost! :x

Next, season Rb will be a question. JJ wants to move Nate to Rb. Now, he has the skillz, but will this guy make it through a season? Has he ever made it through one season yet? Anyone know how much eligibility Nate has? Big Wes is gone! So there goes the toughness!

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

We don't need awesome RB's, just some quick ones that can make a couple moves. I've always said that I didnt like Mikes play anyway. He's the most top heavy and slippery feet player I have ever seen. You can take him down by blowing on him. Maneafaiga, Kala Latuselu, or someone else we havent heard of will do just fine. Take a look at our roster, we have many young RB's that have never been talked about before. As long as they can block, the running lanes will be open for anybody they put back there.

Ldub20
All-American
All-American

Post by Ldub20 »

You can't just put any old Joe back there and tell him to run the damn ball. Running backs need great field of vision and when to hit the hole and go.

Mike Bass never turned out what he was hyped out to be and it was too bad b/c he looked like something special his freshman year if he could stay on his feet and not trip over his own feet. :lol: Another overhyped June Jone's player.

So why waste Nate next year at Rb if you can have anyone back there?Nate should play slot b/c C.O. is gone. Maybe he'll play both.

jkk808
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by jkk808 »

I was always a big mike bass fan and it's sad to see him go. But he only has one more year of eligibility left and he should go someplace where he has a chance to play a lot. It's a shame that with his size limitations, he could never be the feature guy in this offence.

I don't think nate would be a waste at rb. He'd be a bigger, stronger, version of mike brewster. And he'd be great coming out of the backfield for passes. Plus I think we're going to be okay in the slot if guys like jason ferguson step up, if ross dickerson moves back to the slot now that there's less of a logjam and I know they've got other guys.

I've got faith that they'll find the best way to put the best starting unit out there.

I also have liked the flashes we've seen this year from lataseu and manifuaga.

Plus I'm curious to see what Stickler, the former QB and Cole, the former DL/LB, will do at runningback. They both could add a physical, athletic element to the running back.

Ldub20
All-American
All-American

Post by Ldub20 »

White boyz can't play running back? :lol: Maybe fullback.

Let's all hope that Nasty Nate actually makes it through a season, his first and lives up to the hype!

H20

Post by H20 »

I know of one guy who can. If there's one thing I hate about the BYU game was that the announcers said "Staley" more then they said anyone else name who was actually on the field.

BigWave96744

2 more scholies

Post by BigWave96744 »

I don't see the lost of the Bass Brothers to be a big deal....
Look at it this way, 2 more scholies to offer....
Micah Stickland? Mulivai Pula (no wait, we went there already... Braddah had some academic setbacks).. Didn't BJ Batts go to a JC last year?

RB problems??? Not even worried... Remember, Fendo, Brewster, Keliikipi were all walk ons.... Maybe there's another diamond in the rough waiting.... I say check out some of the polynesians playing rugby at Kapiolani Park... Big, Agile, No Helmet, and no front teeth..

Ldub20
All-American
All-American

Post by Ldub20 »

H20 wrote:I know of one guy who can. If there's one thing I hate about the BYU game was that the announcers said "Staley" more then they said anyone else name who was actually on the field.
Who? Deuce? Your talking about that guy who got injured. He ain't white. He's polynesinan or a mix of something.

Ldub20
All-American
All-American

Re: 2 more scholies

Post by Ldub20 »

BigWave96744 wrote:I don't see the lost of the Bass Brothers to be a big deal....
Look at it this way, 2 more scholies to offer....
Micah Stickland? Mulivai Pula (no wait, we went there already... Braddah had some academic setbacks).. Didn't BJ Batts go to a JC last year?

RB problems??? Not even worried... Remember, Fendo, Brewster, Keliikipi were all walk ons.... Maybe there's another diamond in the rough waiting.... I say check out some of the polynesians playing rugby at Kapiolani Park... Big, Agile, No Helmet, and no front teeth..
Kapiolani Park! Haaah! :lol: That's where Bobby George is at. :lol:

No teeth! Hillarious! No brains either! So no chance BUDDY! :lol:

They'll probably want to play at Aloha Stadium in slippers and some Bud Light!

CityOfWalrus
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by CityOfWalrus »

Ldub20 wrote:
H20 wrote:I know of one guy who can. If there's one thing I hate about the BYU game was that the announcers said "Staley" more then they said anyone else name who was actually on the field.
Who? Deuce? Your talking about that guy who got injured. He ain't white. He's polynesinan or a mix of something.
Luke Staley

H20

Post by H20 »

Well I never read a bio or anything but he looks white to me.