accuracy of preseason football magazines

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

accuracy of preseason football magazines

Post by Waryor »

so far most preseason magazines are predicting hawaii to win the wac.

but how accurate are the preseason mags?

check out this link: http://preseason.stassen.com/

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: accuracy of preseason football magazines

Post by J-Rod »

Waryor wrote:so far most preseason magazines are predicting hawaii to win the wac.

but how accurate are the preseason mags?

check out this link: http://preseason.stassen.com/
We will know sometime in January 8)

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

As the saying goes, "Time Will Tell".

First, there's UNC - I would count that as a win.

But after that, we're on the road in back-to-back games. At LaTech followed by at UNLV. Although, we'll probably be favored in both of these games, they're not going to be "easy" wins IMHO.

We have never been "road" Warriors. Last season was an aberration, and only 3-2 at that. Colt and the Warriors lost the last time we played at LaTech. And UNLV ... well ... it's Vegas! The fix could already be in. I'm sure there's memories of Chad's dad getting into it with the Vegas police.

I use preseason polls as a starting point for the bets I'll place :lol: .

Txbow
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

No game will be easy....

Post by Txbow »

JMO,
The way I see it is that NO game will be easy....

Do I hear PORTLAND STATE from a few years ago???

I cringe when I see alot of fans talking like we are 12-0 before the season has even started. But they are inclined to their own opinion.
To me, throw all the preseason rankings out the window. Games are played on the field, not on paper and who is coming back, new recruits, etc.
UH seems to be better talent wise on both sides of the ball but that still remains to be seen on the field.

UH has nothing to win and everything to lose in these so called "easy" games/our weak schedule. None of these other teams D1 or DII are gonna lie down and let us demolish them. I can assure you that the other WAC teams are gonna try like hell to knock us off. The Nevada game at Reno scares me more than the Boise State game. Any other road game scares me.

I think UH's worst enemies will be themselves. Don't get cocky and overconfident. If the players go out EVERY game and take care of business then we will have a good chance of winning.

I say take one game at a time .....

:roll: