Hawai'i Bowl/UH Football Practices

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Hawai'i Bowl/UH Football Practices

Post by WA Warrior »

Well, I got my ticket to the Hawai'i Bowl. My first ever Hawai'i Bowl, my first UH football game in over a decade, and my first visit to Aloha Stadium since the 92 Pro Bowl.

Couple of questions for you guys:

Anyone want to meet up before the game? I'd love to meet some of you guys on the board? Right now, it's just my brother and I. I'm taking him to the game before he ships out to Iraqi.

Second: How are the players after UH practices? Since this is my first time home during the UH Football season in 12 years, I would like to know if I the players are pretty cool about signing autographs! I have a new-born son I'd love to get TC, TO, AE, etc signature ball, one for myself and for a local boy in the bay area. I've read over the years that they are okay with it but I know that it's all depended upon the individual players.

Any comments anyone?

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

BigWave96744

example

Post by BigWave96744 »

Players are cool about pictures and autographs...
Some even will talk stories for a while... But get out of their way if it's close to hitting the "Training Table"...

If you want TC or CO, good luck....
At Senior Night I waited til 11:30pm in the rain to get their sigs...
There was still like 75-100 people waiting, and we are talking not just a sprinkle, but 35mph howling North Winds...

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Wow even on the weekday? I mean, I figured I'll be goofing off at the UH practice while everyone suppose to be at work. Is there one day in particular that's better than others? I guess I'll send the kid and the wife to the beach and I'll have to grind it out for a day to get what I need.

Mahalos!

BigWave96744

NO Other Way Around

Post by BigWave96744 »

If you go to the practice field, you should be fine... Forget about getting them after the game at the stadium.. Maybe even at the hotel, you could get lucky but you have to time it right..

My suggestion: Send the Wife and Kid to get the autographs and you go to the beach.... They will have an easier/faster time getting them than you.... \:D/

CityOfWalrus
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by CityOfWalrus »

When I was in tulsa last year TC was so cool for signing and we chatted awhile and I got Komine, Millhouse, LaBoy, Cockheran, H. Peters, Rivers, and TC on a UH Mini Football helmet. This year I flew down to see them in houston(rice) and I brought a Sig. Ball and a Full-Sized UH Helmet with me.

and on my sig f-ball I got: Eaton, L. Peters, Purcell, Moenoa, and Komine
on one side: Image

Chang on the one side: Image

Another Side I got: Poumele, Brewster, S. Satele, Milne, Manuma, Rivers, Abe, and Ayat: Image

The I had Chang sign my Fullsize Helmet and man I just waiting there while he was signing all the kids stuff all these rice kid fans with rice shirts and never had a problem, then he turned to where I was standing he was like hey man, then he turned his head again and was like hey man whats up? I haven't seen you since tulsa and shook my hand and stuff we chatted again and my dad took a pic of TC and I: Image
thats why I like college football more than pro cuz these guys are just the same as you, just alot better in football. all of the players were awesome to talk to and really cool. I wish I woulda got CO on the football too and a pic but I missed him cuz I was talking to TC.....but dude my advice jsut ask them and stuff they'll talk to you and they're not at all a jerk, hope you have fun, I did.

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Brah, thanks. I'm looking forward to it. I've already told the wife that I will spend at least one morning at the UH practice, just to take in the experience get to talk story, get some photos, and autograph some stuffs. Then it's off to the game and hopefully I'll see some of you guys there. I'm still undecided to which practice to go to, the ones at Manoa or during graduation, the ones at St. Louis.

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by PCBoy »

Yeah, don't try at the game. It's gonna be too hard. At practice, maybe you and a couple other people will be the only ones getting autographs. Last year at the hotel, I was the only one there. So I think the practice will be the easiest since you can easily recognize them and there is only one exit they can go out of.