Unsung hero

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Unsung hero

Post by seasider »

Well deserved accolades have been given to TC and Owens the past three games, but MLB Watson Hoohili, have been the difference the past three games. I can’t understand his limited play prior to MLB curnan’s injuries. I remember his freshman year, subbing for MLB Chris Brown, I thought he would be another Ulbrich. After his freshman year, Watson disappeared from the coach’s minds…injuries (?). Are starters determined on how well they practice? Is Watson one of those gems who are “game players” but poor “practice players”? Never been to a Warrior practice, so I’m just grasping for answers. Is there another gem sitting on the bench?

JJ’s “run and shoot” offense will continue to have QBs and receivers mentioned nationally, (statistics wise), OLmen drafted, and making it in the NFL. Kudos for TC, Owens, the rest of the offense; but, Lumpkin’s 2nd half adjustments, the player’s executing, gave the offense the chance to seal the win. “Defense wins ballgames” and the offense gets all the “accolades”. JMHO.

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

He left he team after his freshman year for "personal reasons". Its hard to work your way back to the top when you do that. Especially against such a highly recruited and awesome player like Curnan. Ho'ohuli has played in every game and is second on the team in tackles so he got his due I think.

silent assassin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

hoohuli

Post by silent assassin »

i think timo paepule is the real deal.
UH needs more speed on defense. at least leonard peters is fast enough to catch everyone from behind.

i didn't care for peters during the first 1/2 of the season, but must admit he did well in the end. i'm glad he is coming back next year. maybe if he adds 10-15#, he could play OLB? we could use his speed at that position.

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Re: hoohuli

Post by H20 »

silent assassin wrote:i think timo paepule is the real deal.
Me too. Just like Curnan, I've been waiting for him to get on the field.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

I agree that Hoohuli has really stepped to the plate in the last three games, and that Paepuli is the real deal.

But we also got a couple of other recruits that maybe able to play. With his speed, Peters would be a great outside LB, but if he can put on some pounds.