Keliikipi as NFL Tight End

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
UHALL1
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Keliikipi as NFL Tight End

Post by UHALL1 »

I think Keliikipi would make a great NFL tight end. Do you think he'll get a look at that position? Kansas City plays a guy with similar body type, 265 lbs, and he catches the ball in the flat and then just bowls over guys. Sounds familiar, no? Actually, I wish Keliikipi was used that way more right now . . . I don't really think he's naturally a power rusher like Jones often uses him . . . but he's simply awesome when he's allowed to get his speed up first.

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Keliikipi at fullback

Post by SM96753 »

I think West has all the tools to play fullback in the NFL. Has the size and speed for it. He's got good hands for the swing passes and more importantly, he does a great job picking up the blitz.

BigWave96744

on the JJ Show

Post by BigWave96744 »

The other night coach Jones said on his show that he had the UH media department make a highlight tape of 18 of West's greatest runs. He will distribute it to certain scouts and agents who expressed interest in West.

We already know which 2 greatest HITS (USC & SJSU) will be included

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Wasn't this discussed on another thread? Anyways, I don't think he'd be a Tight End because he's not TE height 6 3 - 6 6. Besides passes to the flat, don't know if he can catch. Also, he might be a bruiser as a runner he's no burner...JMHO why he will be FB instead of a TE if he makes it into the NFL.

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

silent assassin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by silent assassin »

minnesota's TE jermaine wiggins out of Georgia is 6' even i think and has great hands. Culpepper uses him a lot for underneath routes, especially in Randy Moss' absence. i'm not sure if west has the speed or hands (?) like wiggins though.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

If he loses about 15 lbs, and improves his speed, he'll be even more devastating than in college. As a 245 or 250 lb solid-muscle full-back, he'll get alot of short yardage and spring some big plays.