MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Wow, they failied to mention this until now

Post by H20 »

The Honolulu Advertiser wrote: Man critical after fall at UH football game

By David Waite
Advertiser Staff Writer

Police are continuing to investigate an incident during the University of Hawai'i football game Saturday night at Aloha Stadium in which a man allegedly took a moneybag from one of the vendors and either jumped or fell over a railing, landing on a concrete surface 75 feet below.

Kenny Lum, of the Aloha Stadium Authority, said the incident occurred on the mauka side of the stadium, near section HH between 9:30 and 9:50 p.m., near the end of the football game between the Warriors and Northwestern University.

Lum said a man in his 20s or 30s took the money bag from the vendor and tried to run away with it when a bystander intervened.

The bystander and the suspected thief were seen jostling with each other and moments later the man went over the railing, Lum said.

He said a number of witnesses saw the incident and are waiting to be interviewed by police.

Police said the man remained in critical condition today at The Queen' Medical Center but has not been arrested yet in connection with the case because of his condition.

If and when he recovers sufficiently, the man will likely be charged with theft or robbery depending how much force, if any, was used to take the money bag from the vendor.

Police and stadium officials could not immediately say which vendor was involved or how much money the bag contained.
I often looked down from that railing and wondered if anyone could survive that fall, I'm always scare to get too close. I guess he landed right.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/artic ... br04p.html

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by PCBoy »

I always thought someone would commit suicide off the top part.

silent assassin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by silent assassin »

the story goes that when aloha stadium was being built a worker fell to his death over there. . . pretty grim. i don't know how that guy lived but he should count his blessings [-X

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

:o whoa I just noticed it was near the section I was sitting in for the Idaho game, HH. I was looking right down there at half time.

AreaCode808
All-American
All-American

Post by AreaCode808 »

remind me not to buy tickets for that section :o :o