TIMMY CHANG

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Ldub20
All-American
All-American

TIMMY CHANG

Post by Ldub20 »

With 2 games remaining in the season with possibilities of one more and his collegiate career coming to an end. Timmy has a chance for redemption in these last 2 games against noteworthy opponents and to end his career on a high note. If he wins these 2 last games Timmy's failures to win the big games will be forgotten or at least put in the past. If he loses then Timmy will always be remembered as the guy who was a nice QB, talented, broke the all-time passing record, but failed to win the big games and couldn't make the big play to win when it counted against quality opponents.

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

I was actually thinking the same thing. Not only to the fans of Hawaii, but he needs to prove something to everyone. These last two games are going to be on ESPN and we all know how he stunk it up the last few times he was on ESPN.

If he starts to suck, JJs better have the balls to pull him. I got to get glimpse of little Rolo and wasn't extremely impressed, but I did see a lot of potential. One HUGE thing that I like about Rolo is that he WILL run to get the first down. Football is a game of inches and Timmy seems to always come an inch or two short. For the Boise and Fresno games, a few FEET short.

AreaCode808
All-American
All-American

Post by AreaCode808 »

akina isn't scared to run either. so thats good. \:D/

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

borja808 wrote:akina isn't scared to run either. so thats good. \:D/
I have nothing against Akina, there's just something odd about the way he throws the ball. When he's in, the offense doesn't seem to run as smooth as it did with Rolo2 in there. Who knows, Akina did go up against tougher team than Idaho so that could be part of it. I guess we'll know who the best is next year. Don't forget, Taylor Humphrey is suppose to be an awesome QB, but we've heard the same song and dance about Stickler and we still haven't seen what he can do.

silent assassin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

tim chang

Post by silent assassin »

we need garrett gabriel back. couldn't even throw a spiral, but "just win baby." :o

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Guys like Gabriel, Rolo I, Krenzel (Ohio St.), Flutie (BC) - not the most talented guys - but they just knew how to win. Then there's Chang and Carr (Fresno St.). May have talent, but can't seem to win.

Hope Rolo II got some of that moxy.

Ldub20
All-American
All-American

Post by Ldub20 »

Like Paula, Simon, and that FATNECK Randy from American Idol would say,"Timmy, you just don't have the IT factor!"

Give me a Qb w/ less talent, a big heart and BALLZ, and knows how to lead his team to victory no matter what the score is and the deficit. But, also has the knack to win the big games. If a Qb has these characteristics, his teammates feed off him and have confidence that he can lead them to victory against anybody. JUST WIN BABY!

anthoang
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by anthoang »

if you take out Chang's freshman year, Hawaii's record has been:

2002: 10-4
2003: 9-5
2004: 5-5

for a total record of 26-14.
that's over .600 record... not bad, huh?

anthoang
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by anthoang »

anthoang wrote:if you take out Chang's freshman year, Hawaii's record has been:

2004: 5-5

for a total record of 26-14.
that's over .600 record... not bad, huh?
let me update this:
2004: 8-5 (very possible)

that's 29-14... over .666 record.

Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by 10 »

Just to be fair, his real record (including 2000 and 2001 games) is much worse. Also, in my unofficial view, Chang doesn't get credit for some of the wins (and at least one loss) in the past 3 years.

2002 @UTEP (W) - got benched in favor of Withy-Allen
2002 Tulane (L) - injured early
2003 App State (W) - academic suspension
2003 Alabama (W) - benched for Whieldon
2003 Boise (L) - did not start or play much

Ldub20
All-American
All-American

Post by Ldub20 »

All the struggles Chang had should be eased a little b/c he redeemed himself the last two games. Too bad he's leaving when he's finally clicking!
That always happens, when things get good then they gots to go and when things stink it seems they can't leave soon enough. Wonder how would Chang do against SC next year at home?

anthoang
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by anthoang »

After MSU took a 21-0 lead, I just wanted to savor the moment because I thought it would be Chang's last game... ever. But now i'm glad it's not. But eventually it's time for Chang to move on.... to move out of Hawaii and start on the next level. i'll see him on sunday.