No votes
Nick Rolovich
18%
Tim Chang
29%

Total votes: 17

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Raphael Cherry was the QB in the BYU game which Walter Murray couldn't make the catch. I've always contended that people don't remember that play correctly. It's not like the Chad Owens drop of a perfectly thrown 50 yard pass in this year's Florida Atlantic game.

It was a fourth down play in the red zone at the end of the game. Cherry overthrew the pass on a fairly short post pattern. I actually remember the coaches showing on the game film that someone missed a blocking assignment and a blitzer coming through unblocked right into Cherry's face. Cherry released it early to avoid the sack and put some air under it hoping that Murray could make the catch. Murray had his man beat, made a great diving attempt and had it in his hands. If he held on, people would remember it as one of the great catches in Hawaii history. Unfortunately he couldn't hang on to it and people remember it as a "drop".

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by PCBoy »

Gotta be TC \:D/

Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by 10 »

Hey, Gabriel played the mighty Cowboys too ! (kept you guys from finishing with 10 wins in 1990)

And I wonder if Carter had more or less talent along with him than Gabriel?
Elam was a big part of the '92 season where we eeked out a bunch of close wins early on. But then I think Gabriel had Roscoe.... they were kind of like Rolo and Lelie 12 years earlier not playing in the run&shoot.

By the way, don't waste a week on kickers. It begins and ends with Jason Elam, doesn't it? :)
In my opinion, possibly the best player to ever suit up for Hawaii (at least for what he did).

NelsonO
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NFL: Dallas

I changed to Chang

Post by NelsonO »

I originally was going to vote for Gabriel, but after checking the stats, I gotta go with Tim Chang.

The current UH quarterback has more yards, more TDs, more yards per game, and a higher completion rate than the other QBs. Chang also has longevity on his side.

Both Gabriel and Rolovich, however, have higher efficiency ratings than Chang.

Carter has tailor-made to run the option attack.

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Re: All-Time Hawaii: QB *edited* (TC added)

Post by The808Chef »

wayoutwest wrote:beginning this week for the next 12 weeks or so, i'll be posting a poll for football fans to vote on their all-time favorite former uh player at each position. i think this will be interesting to see some of the names that might pop up here and there. feel free to reply with your own suggestions if a player is missing from the poll:

to start off the polling, we'll begin with the QB:
I'd pick TC too but because this thread was started for FORMER UH PLAYERS, I'd still go with Garrett. :lol:
Often wrong...seldom in doubt!

BigWave96744

my 2 cents

Post by BigWave96744 »

If this poll wasn't modified, I would pick Gabriel... He didn't look like the fastest guy and his passes weren't the crispest, but he was a winner..

But since TC was added, I voted for him... Damn he could have gone to a few Pac-10 teams, but stayed home and no doubt was a factor in many other local boys staying..