The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Feerless Predictions Standings

Post by The808Chef »

Took some time but hell...it was pretty slow at the office.

What I've done is taken the closest prediction by total number of points from the actual score. Doesn't matter if you went over or not.

Example: UH 28 / USC 24

If Scott predicted a UH win by 31-28, the total difference would be 7.
If TheFringe predicted a UH win by 21-20, the total difference would be 11.
Scott would win because his difference came the closest to the final score.

For the UH losses, I first compared the scores for those that predicted a loss and then looked at those that predicted a UH win (for fun you know).

Game 1: FAU 35 / UH 28
Seeing that everyone took UH to win, wayoutwest came the closest with a difference of 5. The prediction was UH 31-27.

Game 2: Rice 41 / UH 29
wayoutwest came the closest again with a difference of 14 and a Rice win. The prediction was 30-26 Rice. The closest for a UH win was Frustrated with a difference of 3. The prediction there was 42-31 UH.

Game 3 - UH 44 / Tulsa 16
vis got this one with a 7 point difference. The prediction was 42-21 UH.

Game 4: UH 48 / Nevada 26
3 guys got the closest in this one with 2 of them predicting the same score. The difference in all 3 were well....3. Kobayashi got 47-28 UH and both spronger48 and uhwarriors_17 both predicted 49-24 UH.

Game 5: UTEP 51 / UH 20
Again everyone predicted a UH win but by score, wyokie came the closest with a difference of 5. He predicted a UH win by 49-17.

Game 6: UH 46 / SJSU 28
Sportsbow took this one home. He predicted a score of 48-27 UH with a difference of 3.

Game 7: Boise St. 69 / UH 3
Geez...do I even have to do this one? Anyway, Xkamaaina predicted a Boise win with a diff of 31. He predicted 62-27. For entertainment purposes, ktownwarrior predicted the closest with a UH win at a diff of 58.

Game 8: UH 34 / LA Tech 23
vis took this one again with a scoring diff at 20. He predicted a UH win at 45-32.

So this is where it stands:

vis and wayoutwest have been the most successful thus far with 2 a piece.

kobayashi, spronger48, uhwarriors_17, wyokie, sportsbow, and xkamaaina all have 1.

Should there be a tie, the tiebreaker would be the least of their total combined winning scores. For example, should the season end today, vis and wayoutwest would be tied for the lead with 2 wins a piece. If we were to take their winning scores combined, wayoutwest would win the title with a total of 19 (4 and 15) while vis combined score would be 27 (7 and 20).

It's still wide open fellas with 4 games to go. Keep 'em coming fellas.
Often wrong...seldom in doubt!

BigWave96744

great job

Post by BigWave96744 »

Hey Fringe,

Great followup...
I think, however, that for games that everyone picked UH and we lost, the closest predicter should get .5 points because they didn't accurately pick the winner...

We won't ever have to worry about everyone picking UH to lose, because I always believe...

Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by 10 »

I got a sugestion, which would take more work, but maybe I'd be willing to do it. Calculate how many points each person was off by, keep a record of that for each game and get the averages for each person throughout the season.

Whoever has the lowest average wins. Each person needs to have made predictions in at least 75% of the games (9 of 12 at end of season). Maybe the best pick of each week gets a bonus deduction.

:lol: Sounds a littel crazy I guess. But I imagine it's not so bad if I get a spreadsheet set up or something. Maybe I'll just do that on the side if I have time.