NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

What else is new huh?
Often wrong...seldom in doubt!

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

When the first BCS standings of the season came out they mentioned that if all the other unbeaten teams (with the exception of BSU) continued to win that Utah might be leapfrogged. Apparently they were by a one loss team - TexASS. Personally I don't think that the Utes are SOL, Auburn and Georgia are playing soon and it might give them that boost to get to #6. Side note: it's good to see BSU in the Top 10 so they can do some BCS bustin' too, not just for all non-BCS teams but for the wickity wackity WAC!!! \:D/

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

BigWave96744

And Up Next is:

Post by BigWave96744 »

Utah has 2 games remaining..
- Wyoming in Laramie
- BYU (Rivals Week)

I'm not saying this because Wyokie is a UH faithful, but I don't thing the game is Laramie will be a walk in the park for Utah... On ESPN Radio, an annoucer was saying Utah will easily dispose of Wyoming and only has to worry about BYU... Not something that Utah should buy into...

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: And Up Next is:

Post by wyokie »

BigWave96744 wrote:Utah has 2 games remaining..
- Wyoming in Laramie
- BYU (Rivals Week)

I'm not saying this because Wyokie is a UH faithful, but I don't thing the game is Laramie will be a walk in the park for Utah... On ESPN Radio, an annoucer was saying Utah will easily dispose of Wyoming and only has to worry about BYU... Not something that Utah should buy into...
Howdy, y'all!

BigWave, did you mean to say "I'm not saying this because Wyokie is a UW faithful, but I don't thing the game is Laramie will be a walk in the park for Utah?"

I guarantee Wyoming WILL not be a cakewalk in Laramie.

The game will be televised in the Rockies and on the West Coast. My grandmother in Wyoming is recording the game for me. It'll be on ABC at 5 p.m. Mountain.

BTW, Wyoming FINALLY won a conference road game for the time since 1999 last weekend in Vegas, in triple overtime no less.

GO WYO!!!! :wav:

BigWave96744

clarification

Post by BigWave96744 »

Wyokie,
I meant that I'm not backing up Wyoming just because you are a friend and fan of UH... The ESPN dude basically was looking past Wyoming and toward the BYU game as the only game Utah could possibly lose.

No Respect for the Cowboys...

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: clarification

Post by wyokie »

BigWave96744 wrote:Wyokie,
I meant that I'm not backing up Wyoming just because you are a friend and fan of UH... The ESPN dude basically was looking past Wyoming and toward the BYU game as the only game Utah could possibly lose.
Oh, my bad. :oops:
No Respect for the Cowboys...
WHAT ELSE IS NEW!!!! Wyoming is college football's Rodney Dangerfield!!!

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

wyokie wrote:The game will be televised in the Rockies and on the West Coast. My grandmother in Wyoming is recording the game for me. It'll be on ABC at 5 p.m. Mountain.
The Utah/Wyoming game will also be televised live in Hawaii on ABC at 2:00 pm. http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/partners/p ... 1599070000

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

Sportsbow wrote:
wyokie wrote:The game will be televised in the Rockies and on the West Coast. My grandmother in Wyoming is recording the game for me. It'll be on ABC at 5 p.m. Mountain.
The Utah/Wyoming game will also be televised live in Hawaii on ABC at 2:00 pm. http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/partners/p ... 1599070000
EXCELLENT!!

I'd like to know what y'all think of Wyoming's home jerseys.

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Wyokie,

No offense to Wyoming Football, but I will be rooting for Utah, not against your Cowboys, but I'll be interested in the bigger picture. If Utah can hang on and win out and get that elusive sixth automatic BCS spot, I'll be looking forward to them just jammin' up the whole BCS crap to force someone or some group of people to rethink this crap and come up with something a little more fair so future "non-BCS" teams can reap the benefits when their year comes....i.e. those magical upcoming years for Wyoming and Hawai'i....any other time you know I'll help you pull for your Pokes.

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

WA Warrior wrote:Wyokie,

No offense to Wyoming Football, but I will be rooting for Utah, not against your Cowboys, but I'll be interested in the bigger picture. If Utah can hang on and win out and get that elusive sixth automatic BCS spot, I'll be looking forward to them just jammin' up the whole BCS crap to force someone or some group of people to rethink this crap and come up with something a little more fair so future "non-BCS" teams can reap the benefits when their year comes....i.e. those magical upcoming years for Wyoming and Hawai'i....any other time you know I'll help you pull for your Pokes.
I completely understand, WA Warrior.

However, breaking the BCS bowl cartel is Wyoming's destiny, not Utah's!!!

GO WYO!! Destroy the Utes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by 10 »

WA Warrior wrote:Wyokie,

I'll be interested in the bigger picture. If Utah can hang on and win out and get that elusive sixth automatic BCS spot, I'll be looking forward to them just jammin' up the whole BCS crap to force someone or some group of people to rethink this crap and come up with something a little more fair so future "non-BCS" teams can reap the benefits when their year comes....
I don't quite see it like this. If they go to a BCS bowl and win or even almost win, they will prove a point about mid-majors being capable of competing. By the same token, they will be proof that non-BCS teams DO indeed have an opening to play in the BCS bowls in the current system.
Utah (or Boise) finishing undefeated at #7 and getting left out of the BCS bowls would seem to do more to escalate a clammoring for change in the system. Utah actually making it could actually do more harm than good.... but it would be interesting to see.