2008 UH FOOTBALL RECRUITING CLASS

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
PIAA DS
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by PIAA DS »

I was just wondering, are any of these kids on Hawaii's prospect list?

from the US Army National Combine site:

2007 National All-Combine Team
First Team Offense

QB - Dominique Blackman - Carson, Cal.
RB - Jonas Gray - Detroit Country Day, Mich.
RB - Lamaar Thomas - Friendly, Md.
WR - Gerell Robinson - Hamilton, Ariz.
WR - Dan Buckner - Allen, Texas
WR - Rodriguez Wilkes - Smyrna, Tenn.
WR - Chase Mejia - Shawnee Misson Northwest, Kan.
TE - Austin Holt - Bingham, Utah
OL - Josh Jenkins - Parkersburg, West Va.
OL - Vinston Painter - Maury, Va.
OL - Michael Brewster - Edgewater, Fla.
OL - J.B. Shugarts - Klein, Texas
OL - Mike Adams - Dublin - Coffman, Ohio
Ath - Jack Ramsey - Simeon, Ill.

First Team Defense

DL - Reggie Ellis - Dunbar, DC
DL - Malik Jackson - Birmingham, Cal.
DL - R.J. Washington - Fossil Ridge, Texas
DL - Glenn Harbin - McGill - Toolen, Ala.
LB - Arthur Brown Jr. - Wichita East, Kan.
LB - Jamiihr Williams - Glenville, Ohio
LB - Darius Fleming - Saint Rita, Ill.
DB - Boubacar Cissoko - Cass Tech. Mich.
DB - Jarred Holley - Easton, Pa.
DB - Patrick Johnson - Blanche Ely, Fla.
DB - Robert Golden - Edison, Cal.

Second Team Offense

QB - Blaine Gabbert - Parkway West, MO.
RB - Jamal Womble - Buena, Arizona
RB - Christian Wilson - Montour, Pa.
WR - Cordale Scott - Glenville, Ohio
WR - Timothy Molton - Destrehan, La.
WR - Antwon Moutra - Colver City, Ca.
WR - Daymond Patterson - North Mesquite, Texas
TE - Jacob Stoneburner - Dublin Coffman, Ohio
OL - Baker Steinkuhler - Lincoln Southwest, Neb.
OL - Bryce Givens - J.K. Mullen, Colo.
OL - Trevor Robinson - Elkhorn, Neb
OL - Kenneth Page - A.C, Flora, S.C.
OL - Robert Patchan - Freedom, Fla.

Second Team Defense

DL - Dexter Heyman - Male, KY
DL - Myles Walker - Antonian Prep, Texas
DL - Carl Swift, Choir Academy, N.Y.
DL - Shawntel Rowell - Glenville, Ohio
LB - Douglass Rippy - Linden Mckinley, Ohio
LB - Travis Freeman - Glenville, Ohio
LB - Dravannti Johnson - Nederland, Texas
DB - Xavier Brewer - Batram Trail, Fla.
DB - Robert Blanton - Butler, N.C.
DB - Aaron Williams - McNeil, Texas
DB - Troy Tidwell - Southeastern, Mich.
Ath - Geoffrey Prather - Archbishop Carroll, Pa.

bulla
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bulla »

1st team qb dominique blackman is the real deal. the kid is about 6'4, great release, and pretty quick for size 16 feet. lateral movement is good, and can throw the ball 50 yards on both knees....has a soft touch to go over the top, and can laser the ball in double coverage.

very well mannered young man. i was able to work with him when i was working with the QB's at the Combine.

mind you, all of the QB's there were great, but this kid from Carson City was head and shoulders above the group

BigDawgs81
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by BigDawgs81 »

Big Dawg is back....small kine R&R in Chaching town.....

Anyway's who cares who's IF ANY PLAYERS ON THE ALL COMBINE TEAM LIST are on Hawai'i's Prospect List We know some of the boys braddah bulla mentioned are on Hawai'i's Prospect list psssst. I sawearrr give credit where credit is due man. When Tuipulotu, Tuiasosopo, Tafuna, Te'o and Fehoko went up to Texas, they got noticed (well some of them) but none of them made the All combine Team list, but they got on some school's list??????? Go Figure! IMHO these All Combine and All This and All that is soooooo OVERRATED! Eh, what matters is strap on them pads, put on that helmet and play some FOOTBALL BABY! Oh and get good grades!

Eh Bulla, did you go up w/these boys? By the stats I see on these Hawai'i boys that went up, they held their own. Congratulations Boys from Hawai'i job well done! Way to represent! Eh not bad, not bad at all man.

Bulla- so what the combine is this Saturday, you guys must be busy Brah! Anyway's good luck this Saturday and Good luck to all of our Hawai'i Boys. Hope everyone tests well.
"Do Unto others as you would have them Do Unto you"

bulla
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bulla »

big dawg,

MAHALO FOR THE PROPS. first things first, the COMBINE is rescheduled for April 21st. we have contacted all the athletes that have signed up, and informed them of the change.

regarding the combine, the hawaii boys did very well. i was able to go up with Ana Sr., and it was a great experience. true, we did not place any of our boys on the all-whatevah team, but the fact that they could compete was a blessing in itself.

we did take 2nd (Tui) and 4th tie (ryan and kahikolu) in the bench press. tui did 34 reps and ryan and kolu did 29 each. this is out of the 500 kids that were there. i think our boys could have done better, but it was cold, long plane ride, you know the deal.

many of these all-whatevah teams are just that...what evah! the exposure you get to the coaches and recruiters is priceless. because of that combine, the boys have been invited to UCLA and Stanford Camps in May. so it is going to be a busy time.

I am going to POST more information about the Combine as soon as I get off of the phone with Governor Lingle's office.

mahalo again, and you would not believe the support we are getting from the business community for our Combine. Chevron is our major sponsor, CytoSport, US Army, SHOPO, National Collegiate Scouting Association, Aqua Waikiki Wave Hotel, Student Showcase Athletes, SPARQ and many others.

mahalo again dawg,

CALI-WARRIOR
Pine rider
Pine rider

UPDATE...

Post by CALI-WARRIOR »

Aloha, just keeping everybody updated well Boise State is added to Josh Herreras letters also just arriving Colorado State, Arizona and New Mexico State, he was just invited to attend some UCLA practices in April, and he will be at the Nike combine at USC next month as well...hope all is well with everybody...still no final schedule? man I am getting anxious!! but I heard there will be a lot of ESPN games...much love from your Ohana is So. Cal...

Mahalo!!

sl1322
All-conference
All-conference

Re: UPDATE...

Post by sl1322 »

CALI-WARRIOR wrote:Aloha, just keeping everybody updated well Boise State is added to Josh Herreras letters also just arriving Colorado State, Arizona and New Mexico State, he was just invited to attend some UCLA practices in April, and he will be at the Nike combine at USC next month as well...hope all is well with everybody...still no final schedule? man I am getting anxious!! but I heard there will be a lot of ESPN games...much love from your Ohana is So. Cal...

Mahalo!!
cali-warrior,

anything from UH?

CALI-WARRIOR
Pine rider
Pine rider

hey

Post by CALI-WARRIOR »

not latley...soon I hope!

tangomike
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: hey

Post by tangomike »

CALI-WARRIOR wrote:not latley...soon I hope!
darn it!! UH needs to get going on this.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Ryan Eastman of St. Louis has been offered as scholarship to New Mexico State. He will, however, be on an "UNOFFICIAL" visit tomorrow to UH. He will meet up with the coaches, DLINE Boys, and check out practice.

Good Luck Ryan... :D

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

Justin Thompson committed to Miami-Fla. (Removed from the list.)

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

We should be recruiting my good friend Josh Nees here in Wenatchee. he's a WR, had 900+ receiving yards his junior year and that's with our offense running only 15 passing plays a game :o Josh got 6 catches a game in 10 games. He runs a 4.5 in the 40 yard dash and his specialty is making people miss. 8) Just a thought.

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

J-Rod wrote:We should be recruiting my good friend Josh Nees here in Wenatchee. he's a WR, had 900+ receiving yards his junior year and that's with our offense running only 15 passing plays a game :o Josh got 6 catches a game in 10 games. He runs a 4.5 in the 40 yard dash and his specialty is making people miss. 8) Just a thought.
I know you'll put in a good word for us, J-Rod! :thumbup:

Marley
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Local boy under the radar

Post by Marley »

Received this inquiry from Kalehua in Utah today, who wants me to look at an online action vid of his hanai nephew. Maybe you guys will know what to do with it....

"Saw in the local kine blogs that my nephew, 6'3", 270lb, right offensive guard for Punahou, Abraham Markowitz, is totally off the radar there. He was Punahou's highest graded offensive lineman for most of the ILH season, just received a 3.75 GPA report card, and just qualified for the State Track & Field Championships in Shot Putt & Discus...so he is very athletic for a big 16 year old (who will still be 16 yrs old as a senior this football season).

SC is apparently very impressed with both Max Tuioti Mariner and Abraham Markowitz, and know they would like to play on the same line together, somewhere. The parents of both kids know that if they were together they would look after each other, and avoid any negative influences facing young people today. Abraham's grandfather, an old Trojan, indicated SC's line coach particularly liked Abraham's aggressiveness, unusual pursuit downfield to pick up secondary blocks, and his size/speed/athleticism. Obviously Max appears to already be a Southern California urban legend, who can go any place he pleases. Abraham's father (an old Bruin, whose dad made him reject a UH football offer in June Jone's '71 class) indicated UCLA is still watching Abraham's height, as they would ideally like him to grow from 6'3" to be 6'5" as an offensive guard....kinda of silly of UCLA in my mind since the kid is only a 16 year old little puppy at this point, and could redshirt on arrival as a 17 year old college freshman.

Watch this vid, he is #56 in white with the massive legs, and tell me if I am biased because he is my close hanai nephew, or if like his cousin Max & Clarence Tuioti Mariner, he is the real deal. btw, Abraham's mom is a Tuioti-Mariner. Abraham, (Samoan/Tongan/Chinese/Haole) is also a cousin of Jesse Sapolu on his maternal grandmother's side, and the Purcell brothers and former SC star lineman, Fa'asea Mailo, on his maternal grandfather's side....and a little known fact is that Max, Clarence and Abraham are related to the King of Tonga and Samoa's Head of State....who are descended from traditional chiefly warriors.

He certainly has some football genes and good character. Just wonder if he will avoid SC and UCLA to keep peace in the family between his dad and grandfather. His sister is at BYU Provo (against her Dad's wishes who wanted her to go to UH), but Abraham has cheered too long as a small kid for UH when his cousin Tony was playing...and learned that BYU was not the good guys from a Hawaii perspective.

Bryan Derby, who has a lineman camp in Honolulu, I was told, shared his confidence in Abraham being a Division 1 college football player with several college coaches, yet it still seems that Abraham remains an undiscovered Manoa Valley gem.

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=BR6h9E2ndRY

Please advise who I should contact with this vid and other info. I would like to see Abraham have all the opportunities he has earned through his commitment to sports and focused academic effort.

Mahalo,

Kalehua xxxx
P.O. Box xxxx
Salt Lake City, Utah

[/quote]

Gobows66
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

kn

Post by Gobows66 »

Kalua Noa from Kaiser left this weekend for the invite only Nike Clinic/combine in Los Angeles. He is the brother of current Warrior Waikaloa Noa, brother of former Warrior Kilinahe Noa, and son of former Warrior Henry Noa. From what I have heard, this kid is a stud. He is 6'1 185 pounds and already qualified for the 100m in track already with a 10.90 sec trial. I know that UW, Oregon, Oregon State, and a bunch of Ivy teams have been in contact. He will also go to the Stanford camp and possibly the Princeton camp. He transferred from St. Louis to Kaiser last year and tore up the OIA White. UH should look out for this one. He has Warrior green blood in his family, let's get on him!!!!

BigWave96744

Re: kn

Post by BigWave96744 »

Gobows66 wrote:Kalua Noa from Kaiser left this weekend for the invite only Nike Clinic/combine in Los Angeles. He is the brother of current Warrior Waikaloa Noa, brother of former Warrior Kilinahe Noa, and son of former Warrior Henry Noa. From what I have heard, this kid is a stud. He is 6'1 185 pounds and already qualified for the 100m in track already with a 10.90 sec trial. I know that UW, Oregon, Oregon State, and a bunch of Ivy teams have been in contact. He will also go to the Stanford camp and possibly the Princeton camp. He transferred from St. Louis to Kaiser last year and tore up the OIA White. UH should look out for this one. He has Warrior green blood in his family, let's get on him!!!!
Is this Noa family related to Kaulana and Karl Noa??? Cousin??