Wes for Tight End

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Harold K. Lee
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Wes for Tight End

Post by Harold K. Lee »

Scott
I really liked all the feedback the readers gave. it was great to see how the fans really care about their football team as much as I do. I just felt the need to vent. But heres another thing thats been on my my since last year. Wouldn't it be interesting to see if Wes Keliikipi was moved to Tight End on a permanent basis! Not only for the teams sake but for his sake also. I think thats where his future lies. Remember Todd Christansen? Hall of Famer Tight End for Oakland a second string Fullback for Dallas.

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

Isn't he kinda too slow and bulky to be a tight end? In fact, he's a bit too bulky to play RB right now. If we were to get a tight end, we should of picked up that Hanohano kid last year. Although it would be interesting to see how that goes if he could drop some weight. Personally, I'd rather see a taller and leaner guy become our TE.

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

I believe Keli'ikipi is also way too short for a TE, what he's listed at 6'? Most TE range from 6'4" to 6'7". If he gets a shot at the NFL it will be as a FB, the first FB normally gets drafted on the second day or get a priority free agent look.

Personally I would've like to see Hanohano play for UH too, yeah he probably isn't the fastest but he has the height that UH's receivers are lacking now (except Rivers). Hanohano would be good for goalline/3rd down situations, a nice big target with hand...JHMO

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

Harold K. Lee
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Harold K. Lee »

Shannon Sharp is listed as 6'2'' same as Keliikipi. That did not stop him from being the all time pass reception leader for a tight end. Todd Christianson was 6'3''. As far as speed, if you can play running back why not Tight End?

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

That may be the case, but I believe those two are just the exception to the norm. Regardless of size, I agree, I don't think he has the speed teams are looking for...

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

Harold K. Lee wrote:Shannon Sharp is listed as 6'2'' same as Keliikipi. That did not stop him from being the all time pass reception leader for a tight end. Todd Christianson was 6'3''. As far as speed, if you can play running back why not Tight End?
Keliikipi can't be 6'2. I meet him at walmart during the summer and he didn't seem much taller than me. I thought he was about 5'11 or 6'0 at the most. In fact my cousin who is 6'2 hovered over him. You know how UH is with their blown out heights.

Well, all but Akpan and Alama Francis. We know that those guys are much taller than listed. LOL...Akpan went from 6'9, to 6'8 and now I think I heard him being announced at 6'6 1/2? I wonder what they do during measurements. Chad it's your turn, hmmm.. take off your shoes and put on some boots, now stand up nice and straight. Your turn Tony. Take off your slippers and give me a nice grand daddy slouch. There you go, now look down.

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

He's not 6'2". I'm 6'5" and he was a lot shorter then 3 inches then me when i saw him one time while he was hurt last year.

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

H20 wrote:He's not 6'2". I'm 6'5" and he was a lot shorter then 3 inches then me when i saw him one time while he was hurt last year.
We've found our TE. Yeehaaww. What's your 40 time H20? Hmm..do you think Hawaii will add on an inch or take one away?

Harold K. Lee
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Harold K. Lee »

You guys are awesome. I love the feedback. I'm glad I am not the only one who sees that adding a tight end wouldn't hurt. maybe JJ will think twice.

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

Harold K. Lee wrote:You guys are awesome. I love the feedback. I'm glad I am not the only one who sees that adding a tight end wouldn't hurt. maybe JJ will think twice.
I think he did think twice. Once on the BC show a caller actually brought up the possibility of having Alama Francis play as a TE with the Red Zone. I believe he also implimented a TE in the game against Boise State.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Re: Wes for Tight End

Post by Scott »

Harold K. Lee wrote:Scott
I really liked all the feedback the readers gave. it was great to see how the fans really care about their football team as much as I do. I just felt the need to vent. But heres another thing thats been on my my since last year. Wouldn't it be interesting to see if Wes Keliikipi was moved to Tight End on a permanent basis! Not only for the teams sake but for his sake also. I think thats where his future lies. Remember Todd Christansen? Hall of Famer Tight End for Oakland a second string Fullback for Dallas.
Thank you Harold and welcome to the family! yes, majority of the Sports Hawaii family really care about the team. Nothing is wrong with venting and this is one of the best avenues for it! As for my opinion on the tight end. I think mixing in a tight end in the Red Zone could be effective, but in the normal offense, I think it would take away an option in the passing lanes. It would open up a lot more running plays but I think it's just not JJ to rotate Run Only plays into his system. Just my 2 cents!
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"