Hawaii vs Boise ST. game thread

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
killa
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by killa »

How does someone bring down the UH problem betting on the games????? Someone must be fricken stupid to think it does. If the players bet against themselves that can bring the program down. And it happened before.

Didnt lose Boise at the Half. That was lock winner. Almost won the over but Timmy needed 1 more pick for a touchdown.

WR UNIVERSITY
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by WR UNIVERSITY »

by all the negativity fool! all you people (edited by admin) that bet agianst UH are at the game talkin poop about the UH players and soon all the poop talking spreads llike wild fire and it gets back to coaches and players. How would you feel if people are not backing your okole up but instead cheering agianst you! Hawaii fans are the worst!

killa
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by killa »

I think there are more idiot loyal Hawaii fans that will bet on Hawaii. I dont go to the games idiot. Read my posts No personal attacks (edited by admin). If i was a player and the team found out Hawaii fans were betting against us, maybe they can win and cover the spread so all the gamblers can lose money. But did you ever think.........."What if the players are gambling against themselves"?????????????

hawaiingkid4eva
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by hawaiingkid4eva »

i hope this game dose'ent hurt hawaii's air time when its time for tv games on certain night's i mean hawaii is a good team better then wht we saw friday night way better i just hope this dose'ent hurt hawaii's air time :-?
HAWAII IS DA BEST

jinhuan sanje
aim name

CityOfWalrus
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by CityOfWalrus »

First off whoever bet that hawaii was gonna beat boise is retarded and should just throw thier money out of the window. (killa)

second off, Im prolly the biggest hawaii fan in the state of oklahoma and I still knew boise was gonna win, but I still root for my team to win. Sure they lost who cares, sure they got moelsted by a totally better boise team but do you see me making post on how hawaii plain sucks and timmy is terrible and being a sarcastic person (edited by admin) (killa) saying that oh we had a great game putting 3 points against a ranked team. Killa have some f**king heart you douchebag.

Sure im sad that hawaii could'nt make a better showing on national tv, but im not pouting and hating hawaii for it. suck it up and quit betting on our team killa if all your gonna do is female dog and make fun of them, I hate you killa.

GO TIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

Aight guys...no need for name calling here. We're all fustrated but keep in mind that it's only a game. We win and we lose. Calling someone names for making opinions, and the last time I checked everyone has a right to, is very inappropriate. Stay in control people.

Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by 10 »

Some of us need to go browse the sports angels and relieve some tension :D

I don't really care that much about what happened yesterday because what did we expect? A loss, right? Well nobody expected the score to be like this, but when it comes down to it a loss is a loss, a win is a win. So we're 3-4 with 4 home games left and a road game versus a very overrated Fresno team that has no offense. Not that we're gonna win all those, but Boise by far was the most unattainable and we all expected to be 3-4.

ktownwarrior
All-conference
All-conference

Post by ktownwarrior »

Just got back from South Carolina. I saw the game Friday night at a restaurant and after Boise took the onside kick and drove for a touchdown I really felt embarrassed. There's no way UH can only muster 3 points against the WAC's last-ranked pass defense, I don't care if the field is blue or purple or pink.

I will say only this to criticize Jones: "Why did the team do better with Fred VonAppen's players than they're doing right now with your own?"

We've still got a chance, and it starts with regrouping for Louisiana Tech this weekend.

warubozu
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by warubozu »

wyokie wrote:No offense guys BUT,.....

This game is starting to remind me of the Colorado State-Wyoming disaster LAST WEEK!!! Hawaii starts well on the first drive then goes downhill fast.

Hate to say it but, I think it's the coaching that's killing the 'Bows, not the talent that Hawaii has.
i totally agree that its the coaching more than the players. JJ really needs to be fired. but we in hawaii and especially the boosters are wuses. look at ron zook at florida.

warubozu
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: ....

Post by warubozu »

warriorfan808 wrote:
Kobayashi wrote:New prediction Boise 61 Hawaii 10

:P I was thinking the same thing. We didn't have any expectations for our team. I can't believe it. I had no expectations, but I'm still disappointed. This game is a nightmare. We suck bad and June Jones needs to give back some of that million and get himself a D Coordinator.
i was really impressed with the louisville coach. he actually donated $100,000 of his own salary back into the football program. will JJ ever do that? hell now. he's an arrogant SOB

warubozu
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by warubozu »

killa wrote:Wow Timmy Chang is just awesome. Junes Jones is a damn good coach. Damn losers!

Hope people on this message board can finally admit or agree that........................HAWAII SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i hope they can admit that too! chang is overrated, and jones is a mediocre at best coach. he wasn't even that great in the NFL.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

warubozu wrote:
killa wrote:Wow Timmy Chang is just awesome. Junes Jones is a damn good coach. Damn losers!

Hope people on this message board can finally admit or agree that........................HAWAII SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i hope they can admit that too! chang is overrated, and jones is a mediocre at best coach. he wasn't even that great in the NFL.
Glad someone mentioned that JJ wasn't all that great in the NFL.

Here's what he did while at Atlanta:
1994: 7-9, NFC West 3rd

1995: 9-7, NFC West 2nd; lost to Green Bay, 37-20 at Lambeau Field in NFC Wild Card Playoffs.

1996: 3-13 NFC West 4th

For a combined record of 19-30!!!!

A year later (1997), Dan Reeves took over for JJ and in 1998, Reeves took the Falcons to Super Bowl XXXIII only to screw up against Denver!

So, it's not the talent that's killing the season, it's the COACHING!!!

Let me put in another way, Hawaii has far more talent that Wyoming does right now! Yet, Wyoming is one game away from being bowl eligible and is in great position to pull off a MAJOR shocker, beating a possible top 5 team in a week and a half!!

Bottom line, guys: JJ needs to go, PERIOD!

Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by 10 »

wyokie wrote:Bottom line, guys: JJ needs to go, PERIOD!
Well I've heard enough of that. If we have a losing season it'll be the second in 6 seasons, after 6 straight non-winning seasons pre-JJ. It's way too soon to make that judgement.

But here's some stuff JJ supporters need to admit. Even if we finish 7-5, obviously quite unlikely, JJ's record in his first 6 years as HC will be 47-30.
After Bob Wagner's first 6 seasons he was 47-27 (actually 45-27-2, but what the heck, give him those ties). Better than JJ.

JJ has brought us one of the greatest turnarounds in NCAA history, blowout over BYU, share of WAC championship, 4 wins in 5 games over Fresno, and a win over Alabama.
Wags brought 3 wins over BYU including two consecutive blowouts after breaking a 10-game losing streak to them, outright WAC championship, school's only top 25 finish at 11-2, a win over Iowa, 2 wins over Oregon (one @).... though Oregon wasn't that good back then.
Again, I think Wagner gets the clear edge.

So even though JJ has brought some quality success, heck no, he has not delivered any sort of success and winning tradition that could be called unprecedented.

THAT SAID, if we had canned Wagner after his second losing season in 5 years in 1991 (which I remember being a pretty painful disappointing season), the best season in UH history would never have occured in '92.

Most likely we're not going to have some similar 2 or less loss season next year to follow this disappointing season, but just because this year is basically a flop doesn't mean we won't be better soon.

When Wags' team started to flounder after the 1992 season, we went 6-6, 3-8-1, and 4-8, and then he was fired. That was premature to many people, if you were only looking at his win-loss record (plus, it only led to vonAppen!).
If that firing was a little premature, JJ deserves the same amount of time to get his team back up and winning. After this season, if we have two consecutive losing seasons, he's gone.

I know he has a big contract, that's why I say give him only as much time as Wagner, who could have been given another year. JJ had also inherited a team on the verge of moving down to I-AA or worse, something Wags didn't have to deal with. And he battles decreased fan support in the stadium (it isn't his fault the new WAC isn't as interesting to fans, and scheduling non-conference isn't as easy as people seem to think)... Pay per view, I don't know whose bright idea and fault that is.

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

This last week I've been a huge JJ's hater. Maybe not as much as many others, but I've gotten fed up. For now, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Here are some things I hope to see from June Jones:

*Wanted him to take the blame for a loss * haven't watch the JJ's show, so can't comment yet.

*Want to hear him announce a new DC before the beginning of next season.

*Recruit more on defense for the upcoming season.

Not too much to ask, right? Remember, it's our team and he works for us. We trust him to make decisions that benefit OUR team. Everyone I've spoke to wants to see a new DC. Just hoping JJ's can hear the voices of Hawaii's supporters.