Another bad news for the defense.

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Another bad news for the defense.

Post by Sportsbow »

Heard on the news that Kila Kamakawiwo'ole (I think it was him.) won't be going to Boise State, because he found out that he have appendicitis. I think they said that he will operate sometime next week. Uhgg! That's all we needed! Another defensive casualty.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

Holy smokes I can't believe this!
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by 10 »

yep.
If Purcell and Akpan can't go, we're pretty much down to Alama-Francis as our best DE. At DT we got Fuga but next best guy (and starter) is Darrell Tautofi who very well would have been behind Fuga, Faga, LaCount, Watson, and Tuioti-Mariner if they were all available..

This line can't get it done. Unfortunately The most important thing bar none against Boise is containing the run.

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

WOW! :o

It seems more and more like we'll have to go with a line full of DTs with Alama-Francis being the only true DE. Gotta go with what you got and if that's the case, GO FOR IT! \:D/

BigWave96744

Ka Leo???

Post by BigWave96744 »

I heard on the BC show that Rich Miano or someone from the Football Staff, put out an announcement in the Ka Leo (UH Campus Newspaper) for Defensive players to walk on...

So far a former Kamehameha Grad has been invited and might see playing time... Also George Perry will not redshirt and will be on the traveling squad...

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

Here's the latest from the advertiser:

University of Hawai'i football player Kila Kamakawiwo'ole underwent an appendectomy last night and will not compete in Friday's game against nationally ranked Boise State.
UH coach June Jones sad Kamakawiwo'ole was the Warriors' starting defensive right end. Jones said Tony Akpan will likely start at that position.

Looks like Tony's subluxed shoulder wasn't as bad as first thought. That's cool...we need as much hands on this D as we can.

Here's the bulletin's take:

http://starbulletin.com/breaking/breaking.php?id=3015

Maui_Warrior
All-American
All-American

Post by Maui_Warrior »

Thank goodness Tony's coming back to play.... Hope Curnan is feeling better also..... We are going to need these guys.....