NCAA PASSING RECORD

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Maui_Warrior
All-American
All-American

Post by Maui_Warrior »

supar wrote:Maui_Warrior, please quit playing the race card! You make us proud Hawaiin's look bad. It was a legitimate question. Either factor in both players bowl yardage or do not. Do you really see a problem with that? I do not since Timmy will break it anyway. Once again for our aloha here on the island please think before you speak.
Hey I got nothing against different races. One of my best friends is Caucasion. But what I'm getting at is why can't they give credit where it's due? What I'm trying to say is. If some QB from Florida, Florida St. or even USC would break the record. There wouldn't be any negative comments about that there in a passing system, or any other crap like that. I don't know if you saw on ESPN before the college season started. They started highlighting the Heisman hopefuls. At the end that guy on the left, I can't remember his name said, something like "the heisman winner won't be from the WAC even if he throws a 20,000 yards in a system that is made for passing.

If any way I made people from Hawaii look bad, I apologize. I did not come on here to insult or embarrass anyone in anyway. I just come on here to state my opinions.

supar
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by supar »

Maui, thanks for your response! I overracted. Go Warriors and Timmy deserves every acolade thrown his way.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Maui_Warrior wrote:
supar wrote:Maui_Warrior, please quit playing the race card! You make us proud Hawaiin's look bad. It was a legitimate question. Either factor in both players bowl yardage or do not. Do you really see a problem with that? I do not since Timmy will break it anyway. Once again for our aloha here on the island please think before you speak.
Hey I got nothing against different races. One of my best friends is Caucasion. But what I'm getting at is why can't they give credit where it's due? What I'm trying to say is. If some QB from Florida, Florida St. or even USC would break the record. There wouldn't be any negative comments about that there in a passing system, or any other crap like that. I don't know if you saw on ESPN before the college season started. They started highlighting the Heisman hopefuls. At the end that guy on the left, I can't remember his name said, something like "the heisman winner won't be from the WAC even if he throws a 20,000 yards in a system that is made for passing.
The guy your thinking of is Mark May. I like him.

I wouldn't worry about the record. It's just a BCS bias, nothing more.

The problem I have with college football is that there's TOO much politics going on. It's supposed to be about teamwork, education, and fun. Not the almighty dollar!