Bambucha Feerless Prediction @ #15 Boise State

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
killa
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by killa »

Boise 63
Hawaii 35

Wow line up to 21.5 now in Vegas. Blowout city!!!!!!!!!!

Timmy Chang gets record in blowout lost. Boise gives Timmy Chang the record playing prevent defense in the 3rd & 4th quarters. Boise will try to start killing the clock in the 3rd quarter just running the football. But will still score with the pathetic Hawaii defense. Boise 42 Hawaii 14 at the half. LOL!

sponger48
Play Maker
Play Maker

Always the optimist

Post by sponger48 »

BYU and Tulsa gave Boise a run for their money and kept it close, Boise is not un-beatable. We need to play an error less game though, or they will run away, and we won't catch up.

Like JJ said, they have nothing to lose going up there. Hopefully they can play loose and not choke up.

For Hawaii to win, keep Boise off the field, catch the ball, make a few stops on defense (and punt to Chad Owens!!!) Score on every offensive series (FG, TD). And please JJ, no trick plays inside our twenty. Couple of turnovers for our D would help also.

Hawaii wins, chicken out on final score.

ktownwarrior
All-conference
All-conference

Post by ktownwarrior »

Prediction: Boise goes nuts running the football, but they fumble twice and Zabransky throws 2 INTs, one of which scores a touchdown as the pressure to continue winning games begins to wear on BSU. Having no pressure to win, Chang struggles a bit trying to force some deep passes, but the offense capitalizes on BSU turnovers and makes clutch drives when they need to.

UH 32, BSU 24

Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by 10 »

oh wow, I think we're getting blown out even worse than I thought at first.
What is this... Purcell might be out, Akpan probably out, Kamakawiwo'ole out, Faga out? They can't stop the run!

In fact I was thinking about it on the way home. Next week will probably be disappointing as well.
Early prediction Hawaii 35, LaTech 48

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

If TC really wants to be a nationally legend, he will take the battered UH team on the smurf turf and just plain out score BSU to a win and the record...talk about running out to the sunset. BUT since those are stuffs of fantasies and my heart, this prediction I will use my head (last time I choose my heart over my head UTEP pounded UH).

University of Hawai'i Warriors - 26
Boise State University Broncos - 59

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

10 wrote:oh wow, I think we're getting blown out even worse than I thought at first.
What is this... Purcell might be out, Akpan probably out, Kamakawiwo'ole out, Faga out? They can't stop the run!

In fact I was thinking about it on the way home. Next week will probably be disappointing as well.
LA Tech? A week early ah? :D

supar
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by supar »

What does JJ mean we have nothing to lose!!! We have everything to lose. Another loss means we are one step closer of not getting a bowl bid and a good chance of losing our Bowl forever because who will go if UH is not in it. I just do not get JJ's mindset.

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

supar wrote:What does JJ mean we have nothing to lose!!! We have everything to lose. Another loss means we are one step closer of not getting a bowl bid and a good chance of losing our Bowl forever because who will go if UH is not in it. I just do not get JJ's mindset.
I think this is a game that JJ's is chalking up as a loss. He's already preparing for the last two games by mixing Satcher into the offense. LaTech and University of Idaho are games he's looking at must wins.

IMO, if we beat Boise, we'll go bowling. If we don't, we're staying home.

XKamaaina
Starter
Starter

Prediction

Post by XKamaaina »

I really, really, really want to be WRONG this week. I hope the Warriors make me eat my words X 100!

Boise 62, UH 27

warriorfan808

Re: Prediction

Post by warriorfan808 »

XKamaaina wrote:I really, really, really want to be WRONG this week. I hope the Warriors make me eat my words X 100!

Boise 62, UH 27
you know, that doesn't sound too far off. When I made my prediction, I forgot that Hawkins believes in playing hard from beginning until end, regardless if you're blowing the other team away.

ktownwarrior
All-conference
All-conference

Post by ktownwarrior »

I think you guys are overreacting a little bit. I don't think Coach Jones is giving this game to Boise and I don't think we have to win this week to get a bowl. Suppose we do lose this week. Now, we can beat Louisiana Tech, Fresno State, Idaho, and then go 1-for-2 against the Big Ten opponents to clinch a bowl. That's not asking for too much, is it?

Besides, have you seen Boise's defense this season? They really aren't all that good (last in WAC in pass defense). And while Zabransky is efficient most of the time, he throws INTs (8 already this season), so they've regressed at the QB position drastically. Acree and their running backs will torch us for sure, but if the O is executing, this is a winnable game.

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

ktownwarrior wrote:Now, we can beat Louisiana Tech, Fresno State, Idaho, and then go 1-for-2 against the Big Ten opponents to clinch a bowl. That's not asking for too much, is it?

In pass years I might agree with you. This year with the receiver problem (you never know when the "drop" bug will resurface) and the decimation of the defense, I don't think any games are a gimme. If you follow trends, let's say UH wins this Friday, it's almost for sure that once again their heads swell and forget to play hard for 60 minutes and let one of the so-called "gimme" games slip from their grasps. Either way, it's still a wash but my point is that this team is too unpredictable or unstable for them to have gimme games. Wasn't FAU suppose to be one of those "in the bag wins" too? Yeah, they busted UH in the chops....

Ktownwarrior, IMHO, no gimmes this year...

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

ktownwarrior
All-conference
All-conference

Post by ktownwarrior »

Well, true none of them are gimmes. And the FAU loss and the way they lost to Rice and UTEP is embarrassing in some ways. Despite that, Coach Jones did something few other coaches have ever been able to do: he took a team that didn't win a single game the season before to a team that won 9 games and beat a PAC-10 opponent in a bowl game.

There has to be too much pride in this team to simply go by the wayside. They're better than this and I think they'll show us what they're made of as the situation becomes dire, starting hopefully this week.

Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by 10 »

The808Fringe wrote:
10 wrote:oh wow, I think we're getting blown out even worse than I thought at first.

LA Tech? A week early ah? :D
Yup. I was hoping to see something that would change my mind, but my LaTech pick will probably stand as it is.