All-American
All-American

Post by Maui_Warrior »

aw man Se'e out......

Maui_Warrior
All-American
All-American

Post by Maui_Warrior »

I come back from my visiting in- laws and see a 85 yard TD by SJ?

6 minutes into the game and you got 3rd string in side????? 6 minutes is still a lot of time....

Maui_Warrior
All-American
All-American

Post by Maui_Warrior »

Whats wrong with Akina? Is he hurt?

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

I think JJ is just letting another QB get somne time. Akina has played in a couple games. My question is, where was Rolo II? Wasn't he the 3rd string guy? And does anyone remember the final yard count for Timmy?

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

How did the game go overall tonight guys? I was at a wedding tonight and didn't even get to listen to the game. I'm going to stay up as late as I can tonight and watch the game.
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Hey guys, I'm in the same boat with Scott. I couldn't listen to the game last night. What I'd like to know is who did well, who got hurt, and how much of the 315 yards on the ground was junk...Good win Warriors...next up, Boise State...

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

Kobayashi
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Kobayashi »

I just finished watching the game (luv that tivo), i went with the wife and the local Troy alumni association to the Troy @ LSU game. I must say i thought it was going to be a LSU blowout, but i was wrong, Troy was up 20-17 with 2mins to go but ended up losing 24-20.

My thoughts on the Hawaii game.

Chang made a few really bad decisions, probably his worst game making reads. On the other hand, i really thought he had some nice touch on his deep balls tonight.

receivers played fairly decent, Rivers has still actually hold on to make a spectacular catch, he still has quite a ways to go. While Komine did make a few critical catches, he still managed to drop another wide open pass, i have a feeling this could come to bite us in the okole against Boise or Fresno.

The run defense just plain stinks, i honestly don't think i've ever seen a more terrible run defense in all my life, i really don't see how they are going to be able to stop Boise.

Final grade,

Offense B+

Defense C-

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

BSU has a kink in their armor this year, giving up points that they are not accustomed to and not putting up the huge offensive numbers when Dinwiddie was there. This WOULD have been a good opportunity for UH to showcase Chang and the vaunted passing offense on national TV. That might acctually happen, unfortunately the run defense will be full of pukas, big ones too.

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

Maui_Warrior
All-American
All-American

Post by Maui_Warrior »

Still the offense wasn't clicking on all cylinders. At times they sputter and just slow down, due to like Kobayashi said. Wide receivers still droping balls. At the beginning the WRs were getting popped big time, and it was taking it's toll. One big blow was Se'e Poumele fracturing his arm caused by those hits. JJ says the WR's spot is stacked but they're falling like flies. The WR's stepped it up. Komine, Welch, and Owens were the main targets tonight. Rivers just need to be polished more. He'll get there though. As long as he can start holding those balls when he is making those acrobatic catches then and only then he will known as a big time receiver. Keli'ikipi got into it also. CB's shiver when they see him coming. Their pursuit towards him start to slow down just to wait till their teammates reach him.

JJ finally started to run the ball again. They did really well. I believe they ran for over 100 yards in this game again. Like I said and everyone else on Sports Hawaii, rushing over 100 yards or near that Warriors has not lost a game. I would like to see a play action pass out of the draw.

Timmy at times were stellar and then there was those 2 INT's. I have to say if it wasn't his fault. First INT was due to Se'e losing his feeting on his break to the inside, second INT could have been caught but Owens popped it up in the air. Timmy's trying to put more air under his deep balls and it's working. There was a nice pass to Komine for a TD throwing off his back foot. He was throwing lasers also. He was showing that he has a strong arm.

WAC Officiating sucked as usual. There was a play that the Nigeran Beast grabbed a SJST running back face mask and the officials waved the called. I know we Warrior fans wants to win the game but not by bad officiating. Who would of thought this game would have bad officiating again. Everyone remember last year at SJST near the end of the game?

And there is the DEFENSE????? Or should I lack there of. If I was playing against Hawaii I would just run the ball. Taking 4 yards per run would win a game in time possesion and keep the Warriors offense off the field. The run defense is pathetic. 300+ yards on the ground? OMG :o I guess we can say Curnan is out and Moe is out, blah blah, blah blah. Somebody has to step up? Warriors will always kick themselves because the D can't hold the opponents offense. One bright spot though is Abraham Elimimian. He is amazing. The best cornerback in the WAC. I believe he's going to be playing on sundays.

Conclusion: Come this weekend, they have (3) things going against them. 1)They are on to the road. They play terrible on the road. They have to become road warriors and try to save this season to ever get a chance for post season play. 2)~Defense~ Coaches are going to try and put that puzzle together on defense. If they don't have the rights pieces come game time, da broncos going run it down their throats. No excuses. You guys get paid to make the right decisions. Earn your pay check! 3) Is JJ going to run the ball or just pass so Timmy can break the record on national T.V.? Hey we all want to see TC break the record but we would love a victory against Boise instead. Even if he doesn't break the record that night.

C'MON WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!! BEAT THEM BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

We just have to score against Boise. All this talk about the D sucking but the game I was watching had our D giving up only 2 TD's through the first 3 quarters. Then, when the game was at hand I saw a tired and beat up D relax knowing we had the win. I mean an 85 yard run late in the fourth when they're already down 21-46? Thats what took it over 300 yards. I'd give that up every game if we're up by 25. Other then that only ONE of their TD's was a rushing one and that was a FAKE FG! the D DID stop them and forced the 4th down, it was the special teams that wasn't ready for the fake. So in reality the D only gave up 3 TD's, 2 passing, and the one late desperation 85 yard run on a tird beat up D late in the fourth. The D gives up yards, always has, always will. What we have to look at is if they let them in the endzone. It's the offenses job to win games where the D at least keeps up close.

Bottom line, you need to score to get points. If points were based on offense you rack up our record would look a lot better right now. Oh, and we did gain more overall yards then they did.

AreaCode808
All-American
All-American

Post by AreaCode808 »

thats a very good point about the fake field goal run H20. our D did stop them. and i guess everyone thought they were just gonna kick a field goal. my bro & i were sitting up in the blue section on Q so we had a really good view of that part of the field. but something didn't look right or feel right to me when i saw them set up. i had a feeling that they might try to do something other than kick for 3. and lo and behold... :o :roll:

i hope our D passes the test on friday in Boise.

GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited because my post was referring to H20s post, not Maui _Warrior :-$
Last edited by AreaCode808 on Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ktownwarrior
All-conference
All-conference

Post by ktownwarrior »

If the D can hold Boise under 40 points, I like UH's chances.

Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by 10 »

Let's be real, on any ordinary day we're not gonna beat Boise. All we can hope is that our players play the best they can. Because against all odds I guess a team that shouldn't win still sometimes can.... like how Mississippi State looks like crap all year and even loses at home to I-AA Maine (who is 3-3 vs I-AA opponents, btw) and suddenly for one week everything rolls for them and they beat Florida.

WR UNIVERSITY
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by WR UNIVERSITY »

when SJS scored on that run the whole D was the 2nd team so hey...