Practice vs Game Day

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

Practice vs Game Day

Post by BigWave96744 »

You know some players show flashes of brilliance at the practice field but struggle on game day, while others may struggle at practice but shine under the lights on game day...

Example:
- Justin Colbert couldn't finish his 220's but show blazing speed at Wideout
- Laboy always seemed hurt or not focused in practice but game day was another story

Sometimes I feel certain members of the starting rotation (names omitted purposely) are tremendous in practice but somehow choke under pressure. Week in and week out we see same mistakes but these players still see a bulk of the playing time at their respective positions...

On the flip side, in the blowout at UTEP, I had hoped to see certain individual get playing time regardless of how they looked in practice.
Example:
Nick Rolovich, Ray Bass, Tumarian Moreland, Khevin Peoples, Timo Paepule etc.. (Maybe they weren't on the travel roster???)
BC always says, "Alignment and Assigment". But if the play makers aren't making the plays when called upon what's the difference?

I don't know, I'm not the coach, but how you figgah?

CityOfWalrus
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by CityOfWalrus »

I wish June would give Tumarian Moreland some love! Phil Steele's 2004-2005 said he should starting over kenny patton, and also said Timmy is his #1 canidate for the hesiman........

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

Well since he's wrong on the second part he can be wrong on the first part too.

anthoang
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by anthoang »

CityOfWalrus wrote:I wish June would give Tumarian Moreland some love! Phil Steele's 2004-2005 said he should starting over kenny patton, and also said Timmy is his #1 canidate for the hesiman........

Phil Steele has been the most accurate magazine in predicting the Heisman winnner..... but, i guess not this year :-?

Hawaii had to be either 10-2 or 11-1 or 12-0 to be considered for a Heisman.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Moreland has been hurt.

BigWave96744

WR???

Post by BigWave96744 »

Had we had receiver that could hold on to the ball is the BIGGEST PROBLEM and the root of all evil :evil:

BTW TC is among 9 finalist for the Johnny United Golden Arm Award..
http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/artic ... br04p.html

Not even Leinhart (USC), Rix (FSU), Combie (Texas Tech), Berlin (Miami) made that listing...

OUR WHOLE TEAM Blew it for TC....
Is it just me or has he added more heat to his throws...
How many passes have we seen bounce off a receivers chest or throw their hands???

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Bass and Moreland have been out with injuries. Moreland apparently is now healthy and back in the mix. Peoples has a knee injury and is being redshirted.

I agree that Chang's arm is stronger this year. In fact over the 5 years that he has been here, his arm has gotten stronger each year because of his off season training.

CityOfWalrus
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: WR???

Post by CityOfWalrus »

Not even Leinhart (USC)
Matt Leinart is a junior and the unitas is a senior QB award, but I see what your getting at.