H20 answers papers letters

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

The Honolulu Star Bulletin wrote: NBA brawl looks familiar to UH fans

I have just seen the NBA basketball debacle for about the 75th time. It doesn't get any better than this for news. I was especially fond of the segment when the players were being hustled into the exits and people were flinging food and beverages at them. Reminded me of a University of Hawaii football game here. Looks like our fans are ready for the pros.

Arnold van Fossen
Honolulu
This is probably THE most useless letter I have ever read in either paper. They linked it to a picture of the Hawaii bowl fight. What the hell does two football teams fighting after a game have to do with Artest picking a fight with fans. And he says "Looks like our fans are ready for the pros". Funny, I don't remember any fans fighting at the Hawaii bowl.

Kobayashi
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Kobayashi »

Ldub20 wrote:Who the hell are you now, OPRAH? Waterboy answers papers letters! HAAAAH! :lol:
Your days are numbered...

H20

Post by H20 »

The Honolulu Advertiser wrote: Fans' negativity gets Warriors nowhere

To the UH football team non-supporters, I would like to request stopping the bashing of the players and coaches. I know I speak for a lot of fans, including my family, when I say that some of the treatment the team received was ridiculous.

When did put-downs and negativity actually help a situation? As June Jones said, the players are merely young men just out of high school. They're still students as well. Emotionally, it's a lot for anyone to handle with all the criticism they're forced to take.

As a student myself, I know that put-downs and such never helped me to feel any better about myself. Encouragement did, and that's what my family provided for me. Don't you think the players deserve the same?

Of course, Jones is their coach and therefore acts like a father to them. Who wouldn't get upset and emotional when your children are being bashed by their own so-called fans? I'd be afraid if he didn't care. Some make it sound as if the team doesn't want to win, which is even worse. All of these things are so shameful. In football, as well as life, not everything goes your way no matter how much you want it to and work for it. Everyone deals with misfortunes, and with the help of others, they can overcome them. Let's all be positive supporters and be true fans who see the team through the good and bad.

On behalf of my family, I'd like to thank the team for making their games an enjoyable family event for all of us.

Kelli Miura
McKinley High School senior
:hello1: Awesome letter.

Ldub20
All-American
All-American

Post by Ldub20 »

H20 wrote:
The Honolulu Advertiser wrote: Fans' negativity gets Warriors nowhere

To the UH football team non-supporters, I would like to request stopping the bashing of the players and coaches. I know I speak for a lot of fans, including my family, when I say that some of the treatment the team received was ridiculous.

When did put-downs and negativity actually help a situation? As June Jones said, the players are merely young men just out of high school. They're still students as well. Emotionally, it's a lot for anyone to handle with all the criticism they're forced to take.

As a student myself, I know that put-downs and such never helped me to feel any better about myself. Encouragement did, and that's what my family provided for me. Don't you think the players deserve the same?

Of course, Jones is their coach and therefore acts like a father to them. Who wouldn't get upset and emotional when your children are being bashed by their own so-called fans? I'd be afraid if he didn't care. Some make it sound as if the team doesn't want to win, which is even worse. All of these things are so shameful. In football, as well as life, not everything goes your way no matter how much you want it to and work for it. Everyone deals with misfortunes, and with the help of others, they can overcome them. Let's all be positive supporters and be true fans who see the team through the good and bad.

On behalf of my family, I'd like to thank the team for making their games an enjoyable family event for all of us.

Kelli Miura
McKinley High School senior
Look kid that's real cute and it really touched my heart. Really, Ldub might have something in his eye. :cry:

But, we're or Hawaii is not paying June Jones close to a million dollars adding incentives/ year to lose or babysit a bunch of grown men! He's paid to be the face of Hawaii football, to bring respect and credibility on a national scale to the program, and just WIN baby! June Jones is the highest paid coach in the WAC, but sometimes the team plays like bums and stinks especially on the road. That's where all the criticism and frustration comes from b/c when we see the way the offense played against Northwestern, then we all remember the way it played against FAU, Boise, and Fresno. As fans we're thinking where the hell was this all year playing agianst Northwestern? Plus, kid when you grow up and start making a lot of money you'll understand what Ldub is saying. People will start acting funny around you and you will have a lot of haters and jealous people waiting for your downfall. Sometimes friends will turn into enemies. In June Jone's case he's making a lot of money so expecations are high and the bar has been raised to another level at Hawaii. We now expect better and brighter things from the Warriors b/c of June Jones and his salary! Critcism is a part of football and a part of life. Coaches get fired and lose jobs and understand the pressures that come w/ the territory. If you can't take the pressure don't be a coach and go be a garbage man b/c then no one would care and wouldn't criticize you. But, if you can take the pressure be a coach and if you're a decent one you'll make a comfortable living. So, kid leave the grown things for grown men to fight over and you just stay out of trouble and listen to LDUB! :D

CityOfWalrus
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by CityOfWalrus »

Ldub20 wrote: Look kid that's real cute and it really touched my heart. Really, Ldub might have something in his eye. :cry:

But, we're or Hawaii is not paying June Jones close to a million dollars adding incentives/ year to lose or babysit a bunch of grown men! He's paid to be the face of Hawaii football, to bring respect and credibility on a national scale to the program, and just WIN baby! June Jones is the highest paid coach in the WAC, but sometimes the team plays like bums and stinks especially on the road. That's where all the criticism and frustration comes from b/c when we see the way the offense played against Northwestern, then we all remember the way it played against FAU, Boise, and Fresno. As fans we're thinking where the hell was this all year playing agianst Northwestern? Plus, kid when you grow up and start making a lot of money you'll understand what Ldub is saying. People will start acting funny around you and you will have a lot of haters and jealous people waiting for your downfall. Sometimes friends will turn into enemies. In June Jone's case he's making a lot of money so expecations are high and the bar has been raised to another level at Hawaii. We now expect better and brighter things from the Warriors b/c of June Jones and his salary! Critcism is a part of football and a part of life. Coaches get fired and lose jobs and understand the pressures that come w/ the territory. If you can't take the pressure don't be a coach and go be a garbage man b/c then no one would care and wouldn't criticize you. But, if you can take the pressure be a coach and if you're a decent one you'll make a comfortable living. So, kid leave the grown things for grown men to fight over and you just stay out of trouble and listen to LDUB! :D
yeah listen to ldub and you might become just maybe another piece of scum that rids this earth, like ldub 8) hey ldub mcdonalds called, your fired sorry to hear about losing your career.

Ldub20
All-American
All-American

Post by Ldub20 »

Man there you go trying to start w/LDUB again! Do you need to be taught another lesson SHAMU! Look go back to sea world and do us a favor and 'FREE WILLIE!' once in a while so you won't need to carry pictures of men and get off on only pictures. Trying getting it for real and you might actually like it b/c Willie is tired of your hand.

And one last thing, would you like some fries w/ that FATNECK? :lol:

City of Walrus? What a joke! It's more CITY OF MEN and ONLY MEN!

CityOfWalrus
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by CityOfWalrus »

Ldub20 wrote:Man there you go trying to start w/LDUB again! Do you need to be taught another lesson SHAMU! Look go back to sea world and do us a favor and 'FREE WILLIE!' once in a while so you won't need to carry pictures of men and get off on only pictures. Trying getting it for real and you might actually like it b/c Willie is tired of your hand.

And one last thing, would you like some fries w/ that FATNECK? :lol:

City of Walrus? What a joke! It's more CITY OF MEN and ONLY MEN!

wow gay jokes that really make you sound so much smarter than what everyone here thought your IQ was great job ldub. What the hell does fatneck have to do with me? and little known fact, shamu and free willie aka keiko are actually WHALES. Walruses are totally a differant animal. Walrusus are animals that have you know long tusks where as whales are large mammels that LIVE in the ocean. are you following me here?

I know your reading this and your brain can't comprehend all this new information maybe your brain should squeeze this information right next to how be an okole and tough on a messege board and name calling for the mentally challenged.

lets recap: Walrus: Image

Whale: Image

H20

Post by H20 »

There were two different letters on the litter at Aloha stadium during the game, one in the Bulletin and one in the Advertiser. Only the one in the Bulletin got to the correct solution.
The Advertiser wrote:Why is so much trash swirling around field?

While watching the University of Hawai'i play Michigan State at Aloha Stadium on Saturday I was appalled at the amount of trash that fans had thrown onto the field. Celebration after scoring is great, but where does throwing trash onto the field fit in?

Over the years I have noticed an increase in the amount of trash swirling around the field at local football games. By the end of the game on Saturday the amount of paper on the field was truly embarrassing. I have never seen it occur anywhere but here in Hawai'i.

The people who are responsible should be singled out and held accountable for their actions.

If the stadium authority feels that nothing can be done to remedy this situation then I think it should turn Aloha Stadium over to the City and County. Why turn it over to the city? It would solve the problem of finding an alternative landfill site. Just turn Aloha Stadium into a landfill. It already has a head start!

C. Shimabukuro
Honolulu
The Bulletin wrote:What a game! It was a nail-biting final quarter as the University of Hawaii Warriors reigned victorious over the Michigan State Spartans on Saturday. Even better, ESPN was there and the victory got national coverage.

Could there be a down side to this? Yes -- the large amount of shredded newspapers flying down from the stands. The field was covered with it for most of the game. How embarrassing! The entire nation and our visiting guests see our disrespect for our land and our team with the litter. I noticed that our kicker, Justin Ayat, had to move several shreds of paper in order to have a clear kick. It was a windy night and paper was flying everywhere and it was very distracting and just plain ugly to look at.

Next season let's not be litterbugs. If we can't do this, then maybe they should stop giving away the free newspapers and line-ups at the beginning of each game.
Amor Moore
Honolulu
After all that fluff theres only one sentence on the real problem, the paper. Don't make it available and there wont be any. When I went to the Idaho game they had the "BowTime" program which is a very well put together magazine style program that, I think, costed 50 cents. Whats wrong with just having that one? If people can't shell out 2 fricken quarters to get a well put together program as that is then they shouldn't need one. It's obvious they arent reading the free paper one anyway. Get rid of the paper programs and let the people who really want one spend 50 cents on the better one. If you really want the program to read and have then that shouldnt be too much to pay.