*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: 6 returning starters

Post by shrek2 »

RedZone wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:47 pm
J-Rod wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:50 am Everything I've read from the Oklahoma State media suggests Dru is going to be holding a clipboard this fall. He's running 4th in a battle of 4-5 QBs. Just not as talented as the other competitors.
Dru looked small over here. He will look tiny over there. Their probable starter is 6’6”. His backup is 6’5”. They have a rehabbing 4 star and a 6’7” who may end up being 270 lbs. But the thing is their best quarterback maybe an incoming freshman. Their coach has been known to start freshman if he felt that the upperclassmen weren’t doing their jobs. It will be interesting to see how things work out for Dru there. It really doesn’t matter to me which way it goes. Rolo gave him the only scholarship offer to a D1 program. He also gave him the starting job. Dru repays him by leaving when Rolo really needed his help. Another player who used UH as a stepping stone.
Amen.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

idk, all I've seen are projections of Brown being their starter. But that's because he's not even practicing with them and can't until late July cause he has finish online classes with UH to earn his degree, so they're just looking at his stats and highlights and not the way he's actually meshing with the team and outplaying the other QBs.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

We all know what Dru could do. I am really excited to see what McDonald, Moussa and Cordeiro can do for the team this coming season. The run and shoot wouldn't do very well when you take shots down the field and the balls mostly fall short.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

My3Cats wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:39 am We all know what Dru could do. I am really excited to see what McDonald, Moussa and Cordeiro can do for the team this coming season. The run and shoot wouldn't do very well when you take shots down the field and the balls mostly fall short.
That's funny too cause there's a recent video of Dru working out in Cali and he throws a "bomb" and now they all think he has a cannon. Much different with pads and helmet on...and defenders...and a d-line coming at you

O.Ranks
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by O.Ranks »

I was curious where Keala Santiago was transferring to, so I looked on google and saw he has Utah Utes on his twitter. Wasn't sure if it was known thing.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

O.Ranks wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:31 pm I was curious where Keala Santiago was transferring to, so I looked on google and saw he has Utah Utes on his twitter. Wasn't sure if it was known thing.
Yeah wasn't made into a big deal but I remember someone saying that a month or two ago. Also sounds like Timoteo isn't playing this season. Might be grade problems or maybe looking to transfer out. Should have had him redshirt his freshman year

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

O.Ranks wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:31 pm I was curious where Keala Santiago was transferring to, so I looked on google and saw he has Utah Utes on his twitter. Wasn't sure if it was known thing.
From what I remember reading before, walk on to the Utes.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Neighbor wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:26 pm
Yeah wasn't made into a big deal but I remember someone saying that a month or two ago. Also sounds like Timoteo isn't playing this season. Might be grade problems or maybe looking to transfer out. Should have had him redshirt his freshman year
I sort of remember Kala having academic issues last season and may have had to sit out one or more games.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I think if Milton was to stay at UH, Kala would be fine. They, together, were suppose to change UH Football. One guy left and enjoyed success. One guy seem to be stuck. I don't know him, but I didn't think Kala was happy at all with his place on the team.

He is a non-factor and never showed anything on the field.

There is no motivation to be on the team. So why study? Not going to play anyhow. Coach is not going to put him in the game. So why attend class..

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

How many new coaches did we get for 2018? How many players transferred? How many Freshman, Walk-on's, and others joined the team this recruiting year?

Do we have the players that are familiar with the run and shoot?

I'll say one thing for sure if our defense does not stop or slow down the other teams from scoring many points this could be another losing season.

Where is the teams heart? Are they family and willing to lay it down for the guy next to them?

I guess no knows for sure the direction our team is headed in. Many new players, coaches, and offense. It will be interesting to see how our team pans out through the season.

JJ did it his first year he introduced the run and shoot. Maybe Rolo's team can at least improve this year to get bowl game?
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”