New season's depth chart

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Message
Author
User avatar
gpmcconnell
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:10 pm

New season's depth chart

#1 Post by gpmcconnell » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:58 pm

I know the season is over 200 days away and a lot can happen but does anyone want to try and guess what the depth chart will look like on either side of the ball?

User avatar
stranger808
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
Posts: 475
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:33 am
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Lakers

Re: New season's depth chart

#2 Post by stranger808 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:26 pm

all I'm sure of is Jahlani Tavai will start at MLB. lol

User avatar
My3Cats
All-conference
All-conference
Posts: 1430
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:36 am
Location: Mililani, HI

Re: New season's depth chart

#3 Post by My3Cats » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:01 pm

There will be a first-time starting quarterback.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

User avatar
Irse
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11543
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:06 pm
MLB: Cubs
NBA: Rockets/Grizzlies
NFL: Cowboys
Location: Mililani, HI

Re: New season's depth chart

#4 Post by Irse » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:43 pm

There will be a first time starting RB
Image

User avatar
BigWave96744
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 21295
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:37 pm
MLB: Yankees
NBA: Sixers
NFL: Dolphins

Re: New season's depth chart

#5 Post by BigWave96744 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:24 pm

I can see these guys the starting
SB - John Ursua
C - Tui Eli
RT - JR Hensley
LB - Solomon Matautia, Jahlani Tavai, Malachi Mageo
S - Daniel Lewis
LS - Noah Borden

User avatar
Irse
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11543
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:06 pm
MLB: Cubs
NBA: Rockets/Grizzlies
NFL: Cowboys
Location: Mililani, HI

Re: New season's depth chart

#6 Post by Irse » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:51 am

BigWave96744 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:24 pm
I can see these guys the starting
SB - John Ursua
C - Tui Eli
RT - JR Hensley
LB - Solomon Matautia, Jahlani Tavai, Malachi Mageo
S - Daniel Lewis
LS - Noah Borden
Wouldn't be surprised to see Scott as one of the LBers.

As bad as we were last year, we have a tons of holes to fill. Hopefully we play better this year.
Image

User avatar
gpmcconnell
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:10 pm

Re: New season's depth chart

#7 Post by gpmcconnell » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:41 pm

Irse wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:51 am
BigWave96744 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:24 pm
I can see these guys the starting
SB - John Ursua
C - Tui Eli
RT - JR Hensley
LB - Solomon Matautia, Jahlani Tavai, Malachi Mageo
S - Daniel Lewis
LS - Noah Borden
Any idea on the potential starting WRs or RB? Maybe Holly at RB?

Wouldn't be surprised to see Scott as one of the LBers.

As bad as we were last year, we have a tons of holes to fill. Hopefully we play better this year.

User avatar
Irse
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11543
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:06 pm
MLB: Cubs
NBA: Rockets/Grizzlies
NFL: Cowboys
Location: Mililani, HI

Re: New season's depth chart

#8 Post by Irse » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:15 pm

I'll go out on a limb and say Keliiliki at RB and Stubblefield and Armstrong-Brown at WR with Ursua and Noa at slot. OL of Hensley, Graves, Eli, Dalpe and Levao.
Image

User avatar
gpmcconnell
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:10 pm

Re: New season's depth chart

#9 Post by gpmcconnell » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Very excited to see what Stubblefield can do

User avatar
RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 5549
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:11 am

Re: New season's depth chart

#10 Post by RedZone » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:55 pm

Kaiwi Chung. Hback, blocking back.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

Wyoming is going to smoke our butts.


We are Simba!

User avatar
BigWave96744
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 21295
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:37 pm
MLB: Yankees
NBA: Sixers
NFL: Dolphins

Re: New season's depth chart

#11 Post by BigWave96744 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:31 pm

QB: Cordeiro, Moussa or if some JC or D1 transfer comes in the summer.

WR: Timoteo, Armstrong-Brown, Stubblefield got game experience but lots of RS & incoming recruits to look forward to Dark Horses are Leeth and Stallworth

SB: John Ursua is a lock, Noa looked good at the end of last season. Look for JC Cedric Byrd to be in the mix. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tristin Kamaka sneak in for a few plays.

TE: Torres and Greeley return with lots of experience but look for Chung to flatten some defenders and hopefully get a few carries.

RB: Only Holly returns with game experience, but not much.  But Dale, Reed, Ito & Keliiliki will contend for PT.  Dark horse is Keliiliki.

Oline: Tui Eli (C) and JR Hensley (RT) looks to be locks. If Ulu-Perry can stay injury frwe and drop 30-40 lbs he will be a beast.    Vanterpool, Graves Bernal-Wendt, Sunia will push  for starting roless as will the 5 JC signees Moore, Wade, Pryor, Dalphe, Levao

DE: Lots of competition for 2 open spots.  I really like Kaimana Padello and thinks she should be awarded the first available scholarship given to a walkon.  Justus Tavai is one of the newbies I have high hopes for, along with Ritner, Thomas & Mataafa.  Kamuela Borden may be a dark horse.

DT: Akoteu, Moala, Eldredge have the edge but Russell, Moenanu, Choi will see PT and possibly Blessman and other who redshirted.

LB: Solomon Matautia, Jahlani Tavai, Malachi Mageo looks like locks but the linebackers will be the strongest unit.
Okeke, Pritchard, Pavehi, Scott are solid backups

S: Daniel Lewis is a lock.  Hicks could move to starting but lots of competition including Aufaga & Time.

CB: Farris & Ford are opening contenders, Wilson not far behind but again lots of competition

LS: Noah Borden

Punter: Stan Gaudion

PK: Really want to see what Boyle can do on kickoffs, FG & PAT

User avatar
Irse
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11543
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:06 pm
MLB: Cubs
NBA: Rockets/Grizzlies
NFL: Cowboys
Location: Mililani, HI

Re: New season's depth chart

#12 Post by Irse » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:38 am

BigWave96744 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:31 pm
QB: Cordeiro, Moussa or if some JC or D1 transfer comes in the summer.

WR: Timoteo, Armstrong-Brown, Stubblefield got game experience but lots of RS & incoming recruits to look forward to Dark Horses are Leeth and Stallworth

SB: John Ursua is a lock, Noa looked good at the end of last season. Look for JC Cedric Byrd to be in the mix. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tristin Kamaka sneak in for a few plays.

TE: Torres and Greeley return with lots of experience but look for Chung to flatten some defenders and hopefully get a few carries.

RB: Only Holly returns with game experience, but not much.  But Dale, Reed, Ito & Keliiliki will contend for PT.  Dark horse is Keliiliki.

Oline: Tui Eli (C) and JR Hensley (RT) looks to be locks. If Ulu-Perry can stay injury frwe and drop 30-40 lbs he will be a beast.    Vanterpool, Graves Bernal-Wendt, Sunia will push  for starting roless as will the 5 JC signees Moore, Wade, Pryor, Dalphe, Levao

DE: Lots of competition for 2 open spots.  I really like Kaimana Padello and thinks she should be awarded the first available scholarship given to a walkon.  Justus Tavai is one of the newbies I have high hopes for, along with Ritner, Thomas & Mataafa.  Kamuela Borden may be a dark horse.

DT: Akoteu, Moala, Eldredge have the edge but Russell, Moenanu, Choi will see PT and possibly Blessman and other who redshirted.

LB: Solomon Matautia, Jahlani Tavai, Malachi Mageo looks like locks but the linebackers will be the strongest unit.
Okeke, Pritchard, Pavehi, Scott are solid backups

S: Daniel Lewis is a lock.  Hicks could move to starting but lots of competition including Aufaga & Time.

CB: Farris & Ford are opening contenders, Wilson not far behind but again lots of competition

LS: Noah Borden

Punter: Stan Gaudion

PK: Really want to see what Boyle can do on kickoffs, FG & PAT
I think it will be a good battle between Moussa and Cordeiro. Moussa will be here for spring camp but Cordeiro has been in the RnS for a while

I would like to see Timoteo step it up a bit. He could be a beast

Saying Ulu-Perry needs to lose 30-40 is being kind. Needs to be a lot more. He lost a lot of mobility. Wade is a down the line project plus he was not a JC signee.

Is Borden playing OL or DL. I think he needs a good year of conditioning and building football strength after his mission. Lots of good potential on the Dline.

Don't know too much about the back end
Image

User avatar
stranger808
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
Posts: 475
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:33 am
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Lakers

Re: New season's depth chart

#13 Post by stranger808 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:41 am

What about Tui Unga? Is his injury healed? I haven't heard any news about him. I must have missed it if he moved on from UH.

User avatar
Irse
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11543
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:06 pm
MLB: Cubs
NBA: Rockets/Grizzlies
NFL: Cowboys
Location: Mililani, HI

Re: New season's depth chart

#14 Post by Irse » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:41 am

BigWave96744 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:31 pm
QB: Cordeiro, Moussa or if some JC or D1 transfer comes in the summer.

WR: Timoteo, Armstrong-Brown, Stubblefield got game experience but lots of RS & incoming recruits to look forward to Dark Horses are Leeth and Stallworth

SB: John Ursua is a lock, Noa looked good at the end of last season. Look for JC Cedric Byrd to be in the mix. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tristin Kamaka sneak in for a few plays.

TE: Torres and Greeley return with lots of experience but look for Chung to flatten some defenders and hopefully get a few carries.

RB: Only Holly returns with game experience, but not much.  But Dale, Reed, Ito & Keliiliki will contend for PT.  Dark horse is Keliiliki.

Oline: Tui Eli (C) and JR Hensley (RT) looks to be locks. If Ulu-Perry can stay injury frwe and drop 30-40 lbs he will be a beast.    Vanterpool, Graves Bernal-Wendt, Sunia will push  for starting roless as will the 5 JC signees Moore, Wade, Pryor, Dalphe, Levao

DE: Lots of competition for 2 open spots.  I really like Kaimana Padello and thinks she should be awarded the first available scholarship given to a walkon.  Justus Tavai is one of the newbies I have high hopes for, along with Ritner, Thomas & Mataafa.  Kamuela Borden may be a dark horse.

DT: Akoteu, Moala, Eldredge have the edge but Russell, Moenanu, Choi will see PT and possibly Blessman and other who redshirted.

LB: Solomon Matautia, Jahlani Tavai, Malachi Mageo looks like locks but the linebackers will be the strongest unit.
Okeke, Pritchard, Pavehi, Scott are solid backups

S: Daniel Lewis is a lock.  Hicks could move to starting but lots of competition including Aufaga & Time.

CB: Farris & Ford are opening contenders, Wilson not far behind but again lots of competition

LS: Noah Borden

Punter: Stan Gaudion

PK: Really want to see what Boyle can do on kickoffs, FG & PAT
I think it will be a good battle between Moussa and Cordeiro. Moussa will be here for spring camp but Cordeiro has been in the RnS for a while

I would like to see Timoteo step it up a bit. He could be a beast

Saying Ulu-Perry needs to lose 30-40 is being kind. Needs to be a lot more. He lost a lot of mobility. Wade is a down the line project plus he was not a JC signee.

Is Borden playing OL or DL. I think he needs a good year of conditioning and building football strength after his mission. Lots of good potential on the Dline.

Don't know too much about the back end
Image

User avatar
Irse
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11543
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:06 pm
MLB: Cubs
NBA: Rockets/Grizzlies
NFL: Cowboys
Location: Mililani, HI

Re: New season's depth chart

#15 Post by Irse » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:45 am

stranger808 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:41 am
What about Tui Unga? Is his injury healed? I haven't heard any news about him. I must have missed it if he moved on from UH.
I think he used up his eligibility. He played in four games last year which would be 33% of the games. I think to qualify for a medical redshirt, he couldn't play more than 25% of the games.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher and 96 guests