2015 Predictions: Win Total

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football

How many regular season games will Hawaii win in 2015?

No votes
10%
7%
17%
10%
10%
17%
17%
No votes
No votes
3%
7%
No votes
3%

Total votes: 30

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Re: 2015 Predictions: Win Total

Post by UnBiasFan »

I hope you all keep things in perspective after we kick the crap out of Colorado.

We will then (except for Davis Junior College) go on a long losing streak. I am telling you right now --- we could have an awesome team (better than any ever before) and they, the crybabies will be calling for Chow to be fired after Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Boise State. There is no way they could recognize success through these loses. That is just how the cyber whiners roll.

Now if we lose to Colorado, then we are going to be 1-4 going into week 6. We could still have a better team than ever. But you guys will never recognize it at that point. I am certain that the volume of hate will be full blast at that point.

Then we face SDSU and we could still have a fantastic team that is 1-5. OMG, you guys are going to say it is all over. The hate will be like a nuclear bomb (hydrogen). But still, we could have a very good team.

Then we beat New Mexico on the road with nobody watching and the bars empty. Nobody gives a craaap at this point.

We lose to Nevada and we are 2-6. Even if we have a terrific team, you guys are all certain that Chow got to go.

Then we win the next three to five games. We end up either 5-8, 6-7, or 7-6.

After that, Chow will be back. And then we start over again next year.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

UnBiasFan wrote: the crybabies will be calling for Chow to be fired after Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Boise State. There is no way they could recognize success through these loses. That is just how the cyber whiners roll.
There just haven't been any signs of great play in any of Chow's losses thus far. Come to think of it, there hasn't been anything significant about any of his wins either. In contrast, after nearly beating the Orange Bowl and Sugar Bowl bound Cincinnati Bear Cats and suffering a loss to a BCS team in the Hawaii Bowl, everyone cried for McMackin to be fired in his first year. Norm's had three already.

I predict a win over UC Davis but I'll be more than happy if we can make it to a bowl game. If that happens, it means the new offensive and defensive coordinators have pulled off a miracle.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

SundayJam wrote:
UnBiasFan wrote: the crybabies will be calling for Chow to be fired after Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Boise State. There is no way they could recognize success through these loses. That is just how the cyber whiners roll.
There just haven't been any signs of great play in any of Chow's losses thus far. Come to think of it, there hasn't been anything significant about any of his wins either. In contrast, after nearly beating the Orange Bowl and Sugar Bowl bound Cincinnati Bear Cats and suffering a loss to a BCS team in the Hawaii Bowl, everyone cried for McMackin to be fired in his first year. Norm's had three already.

I predict a win over UC Davis but I'll be more than happy if we can make it to a bowl game. If that happens, it means the new offensive and defensive coordinators have pulled off a miracle.
I know, I know I am using the ifs. If we had a better D in 2014 we would have won 2-4 more games. If Graham had stayed healthy we would have won 2-4 more games last year. I am not sure what games your have been watching but the team has been on the cusp. The Depth still continues to be an issue. Chow's recruits are bigger, stronger and faster. Look at the OL, WRs, DBs and LBs. With some exceptions his recruits are finally getting on the field after redshirt and redshirt freshmen years. They are now sophs and jrs with a small core of srs.

It will depend on how well the QB plays this year like most teams. You have to have a QB.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

TheDuke wrote:I know, I know I am using the ifs. If we had a better D in 2014 we would have won 2-4 more games. If Graham had stayed healthy we would have won 2-4 more games last year. I am not sure what games your have been watching but the team has been on the cusp. The Depth still continues to be an issue. Chow's recruits are bigger, stronger and faster. Look at the OL, WRs, DBs and LBs. With some exceptions his recruits are finally getting on the field after redshirt and redshirt freshmen years. They are now sophs and jrs with a small core of srs.

It will depend on how well the QB plays this year like most teams. You have to have a QB.
Biggest IF was if Joey didn't have his DUI

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

J-Rod wrote:My stabs at the scores...

Sep. 3 - Colorado L 21-24
Sep. 12 - @Ohio State #1 L 6-52
Sep. 19 - UC-Davis W 38-20
Sep. 26 - @Wisconsin #23 L 7-40
Oct. 3 - @Boise State* #25 L 12-45
Oct. 10 - San Diego State* L 21-30
Oct. 17 - @New Mexico L 34-40
Oct. 24 - @Nevada L 13-30
Oct. 31 - Air Force L 28-33
Nov. 7 - @UNLV W 38-27
Nov. 14 - Fresno State W 24-20
Nov. 21 - San Jose State L 27-28
Nov. 28 - Louisiana-Monroe W 42-17
Sadly i think Wisconsin will beat us by more than 33 points
But i think we will beat fresno at home and i'll go with 7 wins.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Pinned this topic to see how close our predictions were. Still got to win 1 of 3 to get to my 3 win total. Hope we win more though.
ImageImage

travo66
Starter
Starter
MLB: None
NBA: Lakers

Post by travo66 »

Irse wrote:Pinned this topic to see how close our predictions were. Still got to win 1 of 3 to get to my 3 win total. Hope we win more though.
Same here. I'm sure they'll get it in their last game. Sad to see that we were right though!
Bored in the offseason? Join Goal Line Blitz!

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

I stand by my one game win prediction. Colorado was inexplicable. Monroe...who knows ? I think we have a lot of winners on this team. Unfortunately, they haven't been given the tools to succeed.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

quikfeat wrote:10-3 with a Hawaii Bowl birth to make it 11-3. IF they beat Colorado in that first game they have a good shot to go 2-3 or 3-2 in the first 5 games. I'm assuming they beat Colorado, lose to Ohio State, then beat UC-Davis, lose to Wisconsin then possibly beating Boise St on the road also-now if they do that, they go 11-2. This is the optimistic view IF they beat Colorado that first game then they should do well in the Mountain West. IF they lose to Colorado in that first game then all bets are off...that Colorado game is a must win...for a bowl birth...
:lol: Ouch. Tried to warn everyone that game would be much tougher than fans expected.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Well unfortunately, my 3 win prediction held out. UC Davis and UL Monroe were locks but Colorado traded places with UNLV.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

I stated three but didn't specify against whom.
ImageImage

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

My3Cats wrote:Well unfortunately, my 3 win prediction held out. UC Davis and UL Monroe were locks but Colorado traded places with UNLV.
turned out that the only real lock was Davis ... UL Monroe was a pick'em game making Hawaii one of the worst teams in D1 ... we all expected a little better than worst this year

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

UnBiasFan wrote:
My3Cats wrote:Well unfortunately, my 3 win prediction held out. UC Davis and UL Monroe were locks but Colorado traded places with UNLV.
turned out that the only real lock was Davis ... UL Monroe was a pick'em game making Hawaii one of the worst teams in D1 ... we all expected a little better than worst this year
Yup, UL Monroe was no lock.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

I went with 5, and it should have been 5 with New Mexico being #4 and a pick-em of UNLV, Reno, or Fresno being #5. I could not predict how many times we would fumble or throw a pick or get called for inopportune penalties. I don't know if it was bad luck or just a complete lack of concentration and discipline, but those 4 games were all winnable if they simply turn the ball over less or get called for less penalties. I've never seen anything like that before.