QB controversy

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: QB controversy

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Haynr8dr wrote:Sitting here watching Mariota, that's the controversy.

Who dropped the ball on him?

I seen an interview in which he was asked why he didn't play for Hawaii. He answered that nobody asked.
A friend told he was playing for Hawaii when he left high school. Then he went to Oregon. I don't believe him.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

I think he committed to Oregon before his senior year.
ImageImage

amela
High-quality H20 provider

Post by amela »

Start Graham now.

Exiled
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Exiled »

Did I read the star advertiser right? Chow said that Woosley is still the QB?

I don't get it. At the very least he should've opened up the QB competition for the bye week. Even the announcers for the col. game could see how much better Graham threw the ball. Sometimes you gotta trust your eyes. I don't know what Chow has against Graham.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

HawaiianHogster wrote:
Haynr8dr wrote:Sitting here watching Mariota, that's the controversy.

Who dropped the ball on him?

I seen an interview in which he was asked why he didn't play for Hawaii. He answered that nobody asked.
A friend told he was playing for Hawaii when he left high school. Then he went to Oregon. I don't believe him.
From what I recall, Mariota attended a camp at Oregon and the coaching staff there offered a scholarship on the spot. This was the summer after his junior season at St Louis and before Mariota started even one game going into his senior year at St Louis. UH coaches never saw him play before he was committed, and no matter what, would not have been able to convince him to change his verbal to commit to UH. Who can turn down a scholarship from a top PAC12 school?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

amela

Post by amela »

Start Graham, Woolsey 2nd and activate Prater. If Chow doesn't start Graham he's done for the year.

amela

Post by amela »

McMackin didn't go after Mariota, loser.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

amela wrote:Start Graham, Woolsey 2nd and activate Prater. If Chow doesn't start Graham he's done for the year.
I have to agree, but I think Woosley should still start and be bench in the second half if not productive, one last time. I'm also interested to see Prater, anyone have any notes on him in practice?? And what's up with Beau Riley is he eligible to play??
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Makana wrote:
amela wrote:Start Graham, Woolsey 2nd and activate Prater. If Chow doesn't start Graham he's done for the year.
I have to agree, but I think Woosley should still start and be bench in the second half if not productive, one last time. I'm also interested to see Prater, anyone have any notes on him in practice?? And what's up with Beau Riley is he eligible to play??
Graham would have to get a lot more reps in practice to be the starter. If I remember correctly 3rd string qb under Chow gets very little if any reps in practice. Against USC Graham threw 4 ints. Turn-overs will kill you. The biggest mistake he made was to come in and throw an int. he needs to protect the ball or he won't be seeing much pt.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Exiled wrote:Did I read the star advertiser right? Chow said that Woosley is still the QB?

I don't get it. At the very least he should've opened up the QB competition for the bye week. Even the announcers for the col. game could see how much better Graham threw the ball. Sometimes you gotta trust your eyes. I don't know what Chow has against Graham.
He throws ints.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

amela wrote:McMackin didn't go after Mariota, loser.
I was watching some of the highlights of the game where we smacked down Kapernick. I saw McMackin on the sidelines and it brought back memories of the horrible people we have in our fan base that know nothing about football. Running McMackin out of town was one of stupidest moves in the history of Hawaii sports. What a bunch of losers who didn't want him to finish his contract.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

RedZone wrote:
Makana wrote:
Graham would have to get a lot more reps in practice to be the starter. If I remember correctly 3rd string qb under Chow gets very little if any reps in practice. Against USC Graham threw 4 ints. Turn-overs will kill you. The biggest mistake he made was to come in and throw an int. he needs to protect the ball or he won't be seeing much pt.
Well Graham is gonna get his reps even more with Higgins out for the year. But with all do respect, yesterdays game when Graham came in and with UH playing from behind, Colorado's defense was already looking for the pass. Not everybody can just step into the game and perform like Tom Brady.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Exiled
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Exiled »

RedZone wrote:
Makana wrote:
Against OSU and Nevada he threw no INTs. His timing with the WRs was off, but, it seemed he was improving before he got hurt.

The INT thing is probably the reason for keeping him in the dog house. Still, how can Chow really favor Woosley like that?

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Exiled wrote:
RedZone wrote:
Makana wrote:
Against OSU and Nevada he threw no INTs. His timing with the WRs was off, but, it seemed he was improving before he got hurt.

The INT thing is probably the reason for keeping him in the dog house. Still, how can Chow really favor Woosley like that?
It may be that Woolsey is seeing the field the way he's supposed to (sees the defenders and the way the routes are supposed to turn out) but not getting the ball where it needs to be by a step or two. But, he's not throwing reckless and he's getting rid of the ball when there is no one to throw to and no place to run. Graham probably would have gotten sacked more often and probably would have been injured somewhere along these 4 games. The game slows down some for the QB and receivers from Rice onward. From now till Fresno, the Receivers should be able to shake off their blockers and get to where they need to be like they do in practice. Either QB should be able to do well. We shall see.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Chow said on inside access that the 3rd qb will probably be Beau.