Forza Motorsport 5

Discuss computer software and hardware information, along with the latest pc and console gaming news.
Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Forza Motorsport 5

Post by Kailuaboy »

ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Forza Motorsport 5

Post by Kailuaboy »

ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Forza FilmSpeed

Link

Link

Link

Link
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Amazing Forza Motorsport 5 commercial is 'world's fastest zoetrope'

By Damon Lowney
Posted Sep 19th 2013 7:58PM

In Filmspeed, the latest ad spot for Forza Motorsport 5, what at first seems like a video aided by computer-generated graphics suddenly becomes much cooler when you realize that it was shot with a high-speed video camera on a racetrack - with no help from computer generation - making it the "world's fastest zoetrope," as Rutledge Wood of Top Gear USA fame puts it. A McLaren MP4-12C acts as the camera car with Tanner Foust (also of Top Gear USA fame) at the wheel, and the camera's subject is a series of 680 aluminum boards with Forza 5 game footage (of the McLaren P1, no less) printed on them and lined around a racetrack. Is it just us, or is it getting difficult to tell the difference between computer generation and reality?

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Forza Motorsport 5 finally adds the Nürburgring [w/video]

By Brandon Turkus
Jun 9th 2014 2:30PM

Well gamers, it's here. Forza Motorsport 5 has finally, finally added the track we've all been waiting for – Germany's famed and feared Nürburgring. The announcement was made by Turn 10 Studios' creative director, Dan Greenawalt, during the Microsoft press conference at today's E3 expo.

The lack of the German track has been one of FM5's greatest shortcomings, but based on what we've seen, the wait appears to be well worth it. Turn 10's track capture team laser scanned the entire Nürburgring, providing an unparalleled sense of realism.

"Building the track from the ground up for Forza Motorsport 5 required more than 30 artists from all over the world, putting in more than 13,000 man hours to complete the project," Greenawalt told Autoblog late last week. "We've modeled more than 26,000 roadside trees alone."

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Quick Play: Forza Motorsport 5 Nürburgring DLC [w/videos]

By Brandon Turkus
Jun 10th 2014 3:00PM

I was excited for Forza Motorsport 5. The promise of the XBox One's next-generation graphics capabilities combined with cutting-edge technologies like Forza's Drivatar system and its much, much more lax attitude towards car customization (both visual and mechanical) made it an appealing title for me. Then I had to write this story.

A mere 200 cars, I could live with. Yeah, variety is always nice, but to be truthful, I'd rather have 200 unique cars representing a broad swath of automotive history than 1,100 cars with dozens and dozens of them containing only slight variations. And I knew that Turn 10 Studios, the folks behind FM5, would come through with some awesome downloadable content packs. What I couldn't get over, though, was the lack of tracks.

It wasn't just the 14 tracks, but the ones that were chosen. Catalunya and Spa-Francorchamps are great picks, and the decision to include Mount Panorama is, as far as I'm concerned, inspired. I even liked the inclusion of Indianapolis Motor Speedway instead of Forza's knockoff version included in past installments. But some of the tracks, like Sebring, Laguna Seca and Road Atlanta almost feel too familiar, while the fictional tracks – Prague and the Bernese Alps – lack any real character at all. And don't even get me going on the insipid, Tilke-designed Yas Marina Circuit.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Tom Kristensen walks through a perfect lap of Le Mans in Forza 5

By Brandon Turkus
Jun 11th 2014 12:32PM

One of the best ways of learning a new track, aside from driving it, is to hear someone that's intimately familiar with it give you a good walkthrough. That's just what you'll get here, as the winningest driver in 24 Hours of Le Mans history, Tom Kristensen, walks you through the Circuit de la Sarthe's high-speed, 8.5-mile strip of pavement.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage