PS4 or Xbox one?

Discuss computer software and hardware information, along with the latest pc and console gaming news.
Flyin_Hayn
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Mariners,Yankees
NBA: Heat,Clippers,Nets
NFL: Raiders,Cowboys,SeaHawks

PS4 or Xbox one?

Post by Flyin_Hayn »

Which next-gen console are you planning on getting & why? For me I have the PS4 pre-ordered & already payed off. Why I'm going with the PS4, Because mostly everyone that I know will be getting it & I like the exclusive games that will be on it..But ya November 15th can't get here any sooner \:D/
"Bring 'em on," he said. Bring anybody on. Why would you want to play other people? If we want to be the best that we can be, then let's go play the best that we can play." - Norm Chow Hawai'i football head coach

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Re: PS4 or Xbox one?

Post by ubercow »

probably getting a ps4 out of the two, been on the ps train since ps1 and haven't been disappointed with any of their releases.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

PS4 for me, why? I don't need an entire entertainment system. Just a game counsel and also for MLB the show
Plus I didn't like the direction Microsoft was going in, and with the restrictions they was trying to put on the user.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

I would say if you're upgrading from a current console, you're most likely going (Xbox 360 to Xbox One or PS3 to PS4) to stay with either MS or Sony. I will be picking up an Xbox One and also keeping my Xbox 360.

However, once I do pickup the Xbox One, I'll be getting rid of my PS3. The only reason I picked up one back in Jan / Feb 2008 was to play Blu-Ray discs. I've never gotten around to actually watching a Blu-Ray disc and since the Xbox One has a Blu-Ray drive I don't need to keep around something that's only collecting dust on my tv stand.
ImageImageImageImage

Flyin_Hayn
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Flyin_Hayn »

Cool, Any next-gen games y'all are looking forward to?? For me, I can't wait to try out NBA 2k14..The graphics are looking impressive so far, & I can't wait to see how the game plays. Also I have my eyes on Watch Dogs, But I'm gonna wait on reviews before deciding to get it or not.
"Bring 'em on," he said. Bring anybody on. Why would you want to play other people? If we want to be the best that we can be, then let's go play the best that we can play." - Norm Chow Hawai'i football head coach

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Altered landscape for Sony, Microsoft consoles

By Barbara Ortutay, AP Technology Writer
11/15/2013

NEW YORK (AP) -- Remember a time before "Angry Birds," the iPad and the iPhone? No?

When Sony and Microsoft last came out with new video game consoles — seven and eight years ago, respectively, the companies touted the machines' high-definition graphics, powerful processors and ability to play DVDs, and in Sony's case, Blu-ray discs.

But a lot has changed since then. People are playing games on a broader array of devices than ever before, and they have more options to stream movies, TV shows and music. Connecting with friends online is the norm, not an obscure activity for young people.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

ImageImageImageImage

Flyin_Hayn
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Flyin_Hayn »

I got my PS4 on release night, & I'm loving every single bit of it! :D

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Flyin_Hayn wrote:Cool, Any next-gen games y'all are looking forward to?? For me, I can't wait to try out NBA 2k14..The graphics are looking impressive so far, & I can't wait to see how the game plays. Also I have my eyes on Watch Dogs, But I'm gonna wait on reviews before deciding to get it or not.
I've pre-ordered Battlefield 4 and Forza Motorsport 5. What games have you played so far on your new console?
ImageImageImageImage

Flyin_Hayn
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Flyin_Hayn »

Kailuaboy wrote:
Flyin_Hayn wrote:Cool, Any next-gen games y'all are looking forward to?? For me, I can't wait to try out NBA 2k14..The graphics are looking impressive so far, & I can't wait to see how the game plays. Also I have my eyes on Watch Dogs, But I'm gonna wait on reviews before deciding to get it or not.
I've pre-ordered Battlefield 4 and Forza Motorsport 5. What games have you played so far on your new console?
I've got NBA 2K14, Which plays great..No more players sliding on the floor. There is foot planting now & you can feel the weight of the players. But I'm disappointed that they took out association for a gm mode. Also got COD:Ghosts, Major disappointed in that game. Maps are way to big for a 8 on 8 battle. So I traded in that game for Battlefield 4, Which I'm loving so far.

caleyear01
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by caleyear01 »

If I were you guys I would just build your own gaming computer. PC is the best gaming console out there and it isn't even debatable......

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

^true but I like the simplicity of consoles. I don't care about having the best graphics or running the latest processor, etc. I enjoy just playing games and doing so with friends which most of mine are on console.