Hawaii (vs) Kansas

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by seasider »

Top of the 9th:

Fisherbaugh starts the 9th--his longest outing of the year. Walks the first batter (2nd walk of the afternoon). Pinch runner at 1st. Top of the order coming up. Tyler Davis heading over for the bull pen. Pop up to shallow left field to Frash, for first out. Ritchie Price, 1 for 4, coming up. First pitch in the dirt, Lopez makes great stop, keeping the runner at first. Fly ball to Wilder for out number 2. Derek Switzer the next batter, ground ball in the hole, Matt Young throw not in time. Runner on 1st and 2nd, with cleanup batter Milner up. Strike call on the insdie corner, ball outside, (Tyler Davis still warming up in the bull pen), fly ball to left field, out of the ball park but foul. Fisherbaugh with a nervous grin on his face. 1 and 2 count, foul back to the screen. Milner calls time out, Fisherbauch steps off the mound. Ball low, 2 and 2. Ball, 3 and 2. Slow roller to Fisherbaugh, the ball game is over.

The Bows win 9-5, next OSU.

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

Looks like I gave Kanasas too much credit on my comeback call, I figured they'd score at least one more run. That said I'm not calling anything else and see if i can ride this, I'm going on a trip to Vegas on wednesday, seriously.

seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by seasider »

On a side note:

Interesting comments on Fisherbaugh by Don Robbs. With lots of major league scouts in the stands, Fisherbaugh's great outing might not be a good one for the Bows--Fisherbaugh, a junior, is draft eligible. Draft coming up next Tuesday.

Longest outing for Fisherbaugh, 5 and 1/3 innings.

Except for a mind boggling 1st inning, Rodriques did well.

Inouye offensive hero for the ball game with his two homers.

Matt Young went 3 for 3, subbing quite admirably for injured starting SS Eli Christenson.

Who's the next starter: Davis or Daly. Relievers--Turner, Kramer, and rarely used Soskin. Costi--will Trappasso use him for an inning or two?

hiloopy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by hiloopy »

seasider wrote:Who's the next starter: Davis or Daly. Relievers--Turner, Kramer, and rarely used Soskin. Costi--will Trappasso use him for an inning or two?
I'm no expert but Trap has said Davis has an arm that recovers quickly. I'd guess Daly starts and UH rides him as long as they can. If UH gets lucky maybe Davis would also be available tomorrow if they get there.

Costi didn't last long on friday but he faced a lot of batters. Would think we'd see him tomorrow, not so sure about today.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

I wish wright would tough it out :(

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

IF we get by today, could Wright tough it out for tomorrow?

hiloopy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by hiloopy »

warriorfan808 wrote:IF we get by today, could Wright tough it out for tomorrow?
Mono is not something to mess around with. My wife was a swimmer in college and got it. She ended up in the hospital for a couple of weeks because she didn't take care of herself.

Wright seems like the kind of guy that even sick would go and there and take his turn to start. The fact that he couldn't before mono was even diagnosed says a lot. He's gotta be a miserable guy right now, in more ways than one. :(

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

he will make his decsion tonight. Ask my dad I've played a b-ball game with walking-pnemonia. I think he can make it

ScottRobbs
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ScottRobbs »

The funny thing is that I was sitting with Matt Inouyeś father during the game and he predicted before it started that Matt would hit 2 out. He even pointed out where they would go and that is exactlty where he hit the home runs. He told me he has never predicted HRś for his son, but he had a felling.

Heading back to the stadium for the nightcap. Root on those Rainbows.

BTW..one of the ushers at the first game today booted June Jones out of his seat and made him move to the general admission bleachers down the 3rd base line. A bunch of OSU fans came up to us and apologized. I thought that was pretty cool. They said they were embarrased.
Last edited by ScottRobbs on Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

:lol: thats funny. apology not taken I'm going to torture your football team :D

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Yeah the Jayhwks season ends on our terms

LoveTheDig
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Hawaii (vs) Kansas

Post by LoveTheDig »

WOOT wHOOT!!

The Wahine beat Big12 Champs (No.12 AVCA), in a come from behind nail biter.