Wahine hard to watch

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
whirlygig5
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Wahine hard to watch

Post by whirlygig5 »

Man guess I'm spoiled but its hard watching Wahine volleyball now days. Just saw them lose to top powerhouse Portland lol Portland??? what has happen, a lot of the same players, is the coaching just that bad????gonna be hard getting used to mediocrity

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Wahine hard to watch

Post by shrek2 »

Amazing what Dave Shoji did for the sport.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Except for the 5th year senior transfers that Robyn brought in, mostly Shoji's last recruits. Robyn's first true recruiting class will be coming in next year. Unfortunately, this year may be too painful to watch. If I'm not mistaken, even true freshman Trinity Castaneda committed under Shoji's watch. Losing Emily Maglio to graduation was a huge loss as she was probably the only true terminator on last years team. No one is even coming close to replacing her production this year so far.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

Yeah, seems to have things missing - vibe, cohesion, flow - not sure. Hopefully Gaskin, Burns and Castillo can do what they did against SDSU the rest of the season. Akiu is awesome. Not sold on 6-2, Wahine better off with Iosia as full time setter?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Wahine put up a better fight against Oregon on Friday night compared to Thursday, but you can really see the disparity in the level of talent between the two teams. Other than Akiu who is the real deal, Wahine passing sux hairy ballz.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.