UH Baseball...Please find a new coach!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

UH Baseball...Please find a new coach!

Post by Egonator »

I have been a big coach Trap supporter but after the past three years of mediocrity can we somehow buy out his contract or have him fired? His lineups week after week are terrible. Why bat Kaeo in the 3rd spot when at best he was only the 6th or 7th best hitter in the lineup and for the most part did not produce when it mattered? On the other hand our best and hottest hitter has been batting 9th? In addition his use of pitchers have been questionable at best. I feel for guys like Matt Cooper LJ Brewster and Tyler Brashears. For the past couple of years they have been pitching well only to lose because of 1.) bad use of bullpen pitchers 2.) terrible lineup...it comes back to the coach and his lack of quality recruiting as well as terrible decisions on the field.
However The biggest reason as to why he should go is lack of motivation. It seems that he gives up after UH Is down by 3 runs. I don't see that spark nor urge to win by him. In the past I could see the passion he had for his team. It seemed that once Komeji and Konechi left and was replaced by McNamera (who by the way is a terrible base coach) and Hernandez that spark disappeared.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: UH Baseball...Please find a new coach!

Post by My3Cats »

Thank goodness I don't watch baseball. More bad news and a bad coach.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

My3Cats wrote:Thank goodness I don't watch baseball. More bad news and a bad coach.
I'm blessed too.
I am the one who knocks.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

808Hawaii wrote:
My3Cats wrote:Thank goodness I don't watch baseball. More bad news and a bad coach.
I'm blessed too.
:D Make me one of the well blessed flock of 808Hawaii and My3Cats!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:
I'm blessed too.
:D Make me one of the well blessed flock of 808Hawaii and My3Cats!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You guys are terrible.. Jeeze..

BTW...
What's baseball?

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

madeinhawaii wrote:
You guys are terrible.. Jeeze..

BTW...
What's baseball
?
:lol: :lol: BRAWAHAHAHAHA !!! :lol: :lol: And you call us terrible! What....Nah, you're right!! :lol: :wink: :roll:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Egonator wrote:I have been a big coach Trap supporter but after the past three years of mediocrity can we somehow buy out his contract or have him fired? His lineups week after week are terrible. Why bat Kaeo in the 3rd spot when at best he was only the 6th or 7th best hitter in the lineup and for the most part did not produce when it mattered? On the other hand our best and hottest hitter has been batting 9th? In addition his use of pitchers have been questionable at best. I feel for guys like Matt Cooper LJ Brewster and Tyler Brashears. For the past couple of years they have been pitching well only to lose because of 1.) bad use of bullpen pitchers 2.) terrible lineup...it comes back to the coach and his lack of quality recruiting as well as terrible decisions on the field.
However The biggest reason as to why he should go is lack of motivation. It seems that he gives up after UH Is down by 3 runs. I don't see that spark nor urge to win by him. In the past I could see the passion he had for his team. It seemed that once Komeji and Konechi left and was replaced by McNamera (who by the way is a terrible base coach) and Hernandez that spark disappeared.
I've been wishing for a new coach for the past 10 years, his only really good season was Steven Wrights Sr Season.
His team just don't seem to progress throughout the year or the next. He does have some good talent on the team but he and his staff just can't seem to coach them up.
Why do we keep giving him a 1yr deal every year, just find a new coach.

Already we start the year at 1-4

whirlygig5
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by whirlygig5 »

as long as they're asses in the seats his job is safe

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Trapasso's boys also seem to graduate and don't get into trouble.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

My3Cats wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:02 am Trapasso's boys also seem to graduate and don't get into trouble.
:wink: So what you saying is that the team doesn't have trouble makers.....which is why people show up to the games. They like the young men and root for their success... \:D/

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:11 am
My3Cats wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:02 am Trapasso's boys also seem to graduate and don't get into trouble.
:wink: So what you saying is that the team doesn't have trouble makers.....which is why people show up to the games. They like the young men and root for their success... \:D/
I wonder if there are young women in the stands at Les Murakami Stadium on game days, or if there are groupies following the baseball guys around? No bad boyz there . . . don't women like the bad boyz? :-

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

The large crowds at UH stadium brings in good revenue for UH. They deserve a quality coach that will bring the possibility of a championship. Every year, UH baseball is ranked high in the recruits that they bring in but the team sucks. I agree that Trap had his chance, bring in someone new. How about trying to hire Lenn Sakata, ex MLB player and ex coach for Fresno team. Running a grocery store in Fresno. Bring him back home.

Lackofskill
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Lackofskill »

I think the Bows need some more coaching support like a specific proven hitting coach. Problem is always more staff means more money. Trap is recruiting good pitchers and athletes. The talent is there. Go Bows!!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Yeah, I totally agree that the baseball team is missing a coach after watching them for a half season. So bad, that it turns off a baseball fan.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Well, this ends the discussion of this topic.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/04/2 ... extension/
No chance of Hawaii ever going to the CWS.