patrick oki, aka treasurer, arrested theft money laundering

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

patrick oki, aka treasurer, arrested theft money laundering

Post by st808 »

what the hell is this about?

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/brea ... =298737571

is aka and uhaa involved?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: patrick oki, aka treasurer, arrested theft money launder

Post by My3Cats »

I would hope that it only involves his business and not his outside affiliations. Dork.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

My3Cats wrote:I would hope that it only involves his business and not his outside affiliations. Dork.
He allegedly embezzled $500,000 from his CPA firm. AKA issued a statement regarding his involvement with AKA:
http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/brea ... =298806701
"Over the weekend, we were surprised by the media reports concerning Patrick Oki. Mr. Oki does serve as an uncompensated, volunteer board member and treasurer for 'Ahahui Koa Anuenue," Brandt Farias, spokesperson, said in a statement. "In these capacities, Mr. Oki had no direct control or signing authority over any of our funds. From that standpoint, and regardless of outcome, no donor money was every put at risk as a result of Mr. Oki's involvement with AKA. We'd like to thank our donors for their past and future support. "

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:o So,is any one shock by this? It's seems like every day your hearing more, and more "people" are getting caught...clerks, teachers, accountants, lawyers,etc....all walks of life....island living is not easy,but to steal and cheat in these islands....you'll be exposed. More sooner than later... :-
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden