Best Site For Stats? Is UH Leading Double Plays?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
GoBows2014
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Best Site For Stats? Is UH Leading Double Plays?

Post by GoBows2014 »

speaking of D, or lack thereof. . .
what website(s) do you guys check for stats?

I'm sure in the UCSB series last weekend the announcer said that UH has the most double plays? Is that in the Big West? Where would we rank in the nation? And where can you get stats like this for college?

Last q. In the booth, on plays that are *possible* errors, maybe, maybe not. What is the title or position of the person making those calls? Question came up because I thought Julienne Jones had 3 errors to go with his 3 hits last game, but was told he had 3 hits and only 1 error...the other two balls that got by his glove were not "called" errors. I know all the on-the-air guys pause for a second or two, looking at someone else in the same booth as the play is happening...but who makes that call for an E5 or not?

Who Makes The Call

Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Best Site For Stats? Is UH Leading Double Plays?

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

For stats:

To compare Hawaii vs other Big West teams check http://www.bigwest.org - click on the tab Men's Sports - then click on Baseball. Should be a tab/link to stats. They have all different kinds of stats for teams and conference leaders.

For Hawaii individual stats check http://www.hawaiiathletics.com. click the tab for Men's Sports - then click on Baseball. On the baseball page should have a tab/link to the season stats.

The person who makes a decision on hit or error it the Official Scorer. At UH home games the official scorer was Pakalani Bello (I'm not sure if it's still him or someone else). He was the the Assistant Sports Information Director for Baseball. He might still be, but I haven't heard them mention who it was this season.... I assume that the road games it's a similar Athletics Department or SID official who acts as the official scorer.