Rick Blangiardi (Hawaii News Now) vs. Ben Jay

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Rick Blangiardi (Hawaii News Now) vs. Ben Jay

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

I think instead of doing opinion pieces on the news and complaining to the Legislature, he should file a formal bid protest thru the UH procurement office. All those years when K5 was winning the bid, no one else was crying and whinning when they could win the bid. Because of his whinning, the grandstanding politicians (running for Congress) want to hold hearings. Having the Legislature question each day to day decision will make UH even more disfunctional because no one will want to make any decisions. No wonder UH has such a bad rep. It is a good school with some nationally recognized programs and colleges but all people want to do make noise...

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Rick Blangiardi (Hawaii News Now) vs. Ben Jay

Post by My3Cats »

Rick was unable to put up the minimum cash requirement (2.3 million worth). No brainer. "In kind" promotions will not cut it when UH athletics needs the kala.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Rick Blangiardi (Hawaii News Now) vs. Ben Jay

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Ulchiro5ga wrote:I think instead of doing opinion pieces on the news and complaining to the Legislature, he should file a formal bid protest thru the UH procurement office. ...
:read: And Blangiardi would lose in court or any other formal bid protest......why? Because UH was exercising THEIR EXCLUSIVE RIGHT to extend the Oceanic Cables contract that is written in their existing contract. The low-down on this has nothing to do with money? Oh, yeah it does. If UH had not extended the contract and opened up the bidding process, guest what could have happen to their cash cow of FOOTBALL revenue? The MOUNTAIN WEST television network could void the arrangement for HAWAII football games being NOT aired entirely on their network. Remember, the MOUNTAIN WEST did not want to pay the same amount of what was already in place for UH.......so, UH extends for 6 more years to keep their monies (guarantee in house) with pending leverage for negotiations with the MOUNTAIN WEST.
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden