Hartong First Team AA, Kan and Oliveira Honorable mention AA

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Hartong First Team AA, Kan and Oliveira Honorable mention AA

Post by seasider »

http://hawaiiathletics.com/news/2013/12 ... ath=wvball

Emily Hartong Named AVCA First Team All-American
12/17/2013 10:21:00 PM
AVCA All-America Teams

SEATTLE, Wash. – The American Volleyball Coaches Association announced its All-America teams on Wednesday with University of Hawai'i senior outside hitter Emily Hartong named to the first team. Hartong will be presented her award on Dec. 20 in Seattle at the AVCA All-America/Players of the Year banquet.

Hartong earned a spot on the first team for the second time after being named a second team All-American as a sophomore in 2011. The honor caps a stellar season and career for the Los Alamitos, California native. This season she received her third AVCA all-region selection and was voted Big West Player of the Year for the second time. Hartong leaves UH ranked eighth all-time with 1,494 kills, a remarkable stat considering she spent her first two seasons as a middle hitter for the Rainbow Wahine.

Hartong guided the Rainbow Wahine to a share of its second straight Big West Conference championship and 19th straight league title overall. She led the conference and ranked seventh in the nation with a 4.69 kill average, while hitting .294 for the season. Over the course of the season, she collected four Big West Player of the Week awards to increase her career total to eight. Her first honor of the season came after leading the Rainbow Wahine to a victory over top-ranked and defending national champion Texas, their first win over a No. 1-ranked opponent since knocking off UCLA in 2000.

Hawai'i concluded its season with a loss to BYU in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. The 'Bows finished 25-5 overall and 13-3 in the Big West.

http://www.avca.org/awards/divisional-/ ... l-america/

Emily Hartong, a 6-2 outside hitter for the University of Hawai'i, is a senior from Los Alamitos, Calif. Hartong guided the Rainbow Wahine to a share of its second straight Big West Conference championship and 19th straight league title overall. The two-time Big West Player of the Year led the conference and ranked seventh in the nation with a 4.69 kill average, while hitting .294 for the season. She also finished eighth nationally and tallied a league-leading 5.24 points per set average. Over the course of the season, she collected four Big West Player of the Week awards to increase her career total to eight. Her first honor of the season came after leading the Rainbow Wahine to a victory over top-ranked and defending national champion Texas, their first win over a No. 1-ranked opponent since knocking off UCLA in 2000. This is her third AVCA All-American award.

Honorable mention AA:
Carly Kan, Fr OH, University of Missouri
C’era Oliveira, Sr Libero, University of San Diego

http://www.mutigers.com/sports/w-volley ... 13aaa.html

Kan, the SEC Freshman of the Year, a unanimous choice to AVCA All-Southeast Region Team and the region's freshman of the year, was named to the honorable mention All-America team on Wednesday. Kan was the only player in SEC play to average better than 3.00 kills per set and 3.00 digs per set. At just 5-9, Kan hit .364 on the season which ranked 49th nationally and seventh in school history. It was also the second-best mark in program history among outside hitters in a single season and the top mark in the rally scoring era. One of the Tigers' two primary passers, Kan was sensational in serve receive as well, converting 96-percent of her 741 chances. Additionally, nearly 48-percent of her first-ball passes were transitioned into kills as she kept Mizzou in system all season.
"This season exceeded my expectations in so many ways," Kan said. "Coming in as a freshman, you just hope to get playing time and contribute, so to have this many awards and honors is really unexpected. We had such great leadership from our upperclassmen that it was easy for me to come in here and just play. I am so happy I was able to play with Molly and Lisa as well this season. Those two are so deserving of all the awards. I am so happy I chose to play at Mizzou and couldn't have asked for a better freshman season."

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Hartong First Team AA, Kan and Oliveira Honorable mentio

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:hello1: Congrats, Emily......you'll be miss, and best of luck to your future! \:D/
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden