Cross Country meets

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Jwoods
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Cross Country meets

Post by Jwoods »

I was wondering if there were any early season CC meets that any mainland teams came over to? And if so if there were any good camping places for visiting teams. I have always wanted to bring a team over to Hawaii to race a couple of meets.

Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Cross Country meets

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

Check the HawaiiAthletics.com website. That is the official University of Hawaii website and get the contact info for the X-Country coach. Same coach as the Track and Field team. They participate in some meets with the local Div2 teams, and they may have one or two Hawaii meets, but the team travels to the mainland.

There are State Parks with camping grounds and some City & County Beach parks have camp sites, but you need to get a permit, and depending on time of the year they fill up fast (e.g., summer and holiday weekends).

Plus you have to compete with the homeless. Me personally would not camp in Hawaii without some "locals" to guide you. Too many mainland tourists get into trouble (even our group got rip offed... coolers stolen in the middle of the night after we had gone to sleep).

If you have military connections, get a camp site at Bellows Air Force Station is safer, since the MPs patrol the grounds.