What's up with the wahine volleyball?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

What's up with the wahine volleyball?

Post by reignjah11 »

They lose a second straight 5 set match this time to UC Davis. That makes it 3 losses now in conference play. At the moment they are ranked 8th but they'll probably drop significantly once the new ranking are out. I think the loss of Croson is starting to show now. They don't have that reliable #2 hitter other than Hartong.

I wonder if things continue like this could it be the end for coach shoji?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: What's up with the wahine volleyball?

Post by My3Cats »

Poor passing equals predictable setting because options are eliminated. Only Hartong is producing on the outside. Emily can't do it by herself, but no one has consistently stepped up to take away some of the offensive burden.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

Same problem they have every year.....predictable offense.

NelsonO
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NFL: Dallas

Post by NelsonO »

The Rainbow Wahine (currently 16-4) are ranked 13th in the Coaches Poll and 15th in RPI.

If the football, basketball or baseball teams were ranked 13th in the polls, I think we would be singing their praises.

On September 6th, less than two months ago, Shoji became the all-time winningest coach in Division 1 women’s volleyball. At that time, his record was a lofty 1,107 wins and 185 losses.

Unless he retires (or Manoa freezes over) Shoji will be coaching next year.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

^no one is denying the success and accomplishments of the team or coach shoji. I wasnt even implying that shoji be fired either. His future is uncertain though as retirement is something he has be considering for a while now. I'm just saying maybe he leans more to retirement if the season doesn't end well. Hawaii is currently 3rd in the big west so their postseason hopes are in jeopardy.

Cyberspace_4
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: New York Yankees
NBA: OKC Thunders
NFL: Miami Dolphins

Post by Cyberspace_4 »

If Dave Shoji retires, Scott Wong won't be the next man for the lineup at UH Manoa Stan Sheriff Center on Friday nights. I wonder who they will pick as the next successor to Dave Shoji. 8)