Looks like bringing back the Rainbow name.................

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Looks like bringing back the Rainbow name...............

Post by Sportsbow »

Fricking Swishy Chinen is brainwashing the little kids in the video below. I guess he will now go to Ben Gay and demand that the song below become the new school song for UH.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... jz6oA0kDdc

puali
High-quality H20 provider

Post by puali »

Sportsbow wrote:Image

Fricking Swishy Chinen is brainwashing the little kids in the video below. I guess he will now go to Ben Gay and demand that the song below become the new school song for UH.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... jz6oA0kDdc

LOL That photo is so awesome. Haha, so hilarious!

Damn, that vid is from Chinen, the one that led that Rainbow rally?!?! Aaarrgghh!

I totally despise that guy for pushing the rainbow name!

You're right, Chinen is like brainwashing those kids.

In that vid, there is even a kid holding up a sign.....Rainbows are who we are! Uugghh!

Uugghh, that would be the worse if that song is implemented. Instead of the haka, the Bows football team will sing that song and dance like those kids for BJ, Chinen, and the rest of the Rainbow gang!
Last edited by puali on Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My avatar is not pro-rainbow, but anti-rainbow, pro-WARRIORS. HAWAII WARRIORS football. Go WARRIORS!

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

I think we're all going to be a little tense leading into that SDSU game. After all this stuff with Chinen (aka Hawaii1954) and Ben Jay switching the name, pandora's box was open.....at first I thought there was no chance of any Rainbow appearing on "retro night" (SDSU game).....now? I'm bracing for it.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

If they go off and make the rainbow the main course. I'm done.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HWNBRN

Post by HWNBRN »

LMAO... nice picture. that pretty much sums alot of this up.

Dont you all notice the common denominator in the pro-Rainbow crowd, they watched football at the termite palace (where the heck ever that is?), they watched football in the 60's... basically they are the infamous saimin eaters.

seriously saimin eaters, do you think that the younger generation is going to see things your way? different environment,exposure,upbringing...you guys didn't have internet where information is readily available back in your days. of course you think the Rainbow name is cool,peachy or groovy or whatever slang you use, you probably didn't realize the gays had a symbol ( the rainbow). This is such a ignorant argument, you see things one way and we warrior fans see it another. we aren't homophobic, we are just aware of the negative connotations of a "Gay" pride moniker for our beloved football team.

I wish Ben Jay would pay attention to us fans also and not only the star advertiser polls, for one I sure as heck don't read the star advertiser regularly, we can get the same info on the internet. And that is probably true for most of the non-saimin eater generations. So the polls were most likely biased towards the rainbow loving saimin eaters.

well regardless of all of our discussions It's too late, Ben jay isn't going to flip flop again and do the right thing and kill off the rainbow name.
so as a fan of Hawaii Warriors since JJ took over, I am just plain disappointed that the proud warrior identity of Polynesia's team is now sadly relegated to LGBT status or whatever their movement is called. It's all your fault Ben Jay.

puali wrote:For Bows football high school/college recruits, this can be distributed.....

GO BOWS!

Thank you BJ and the Rainbow gang for ruining 10+ years of WARRIORS FOOTBALL tradition!

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

Rainbow Warriors.

'Nuff said.

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

IT'S OFFICIAL!

It's July 1st. We are now the new UH.

University of Homophobic Rainbow Warriors. Image

Desert Isle
Play Maker
Play Maker
MLB: Diamondbacks
NBA: Suns
NFL: Cardinals

Post by Desert Isle »

Happy Rainbow Warriors Day!

I know a lot of you aren't happy with the old name back but it's a unique mascot with local flavor and that's part of what makes college sports so great.

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Instilling fear into the opponents with the chant "RAAAAAAAAAAINBOOOOOOOOOOOOWS!!!!"

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

We are Rainbow tough!!! Bring back da marshmellow man and we can have a care bear as da new mascot! Go bows!! :)

HWNBRN

Post by HWNBRN »

yea.. way back when buddy haha what year was that? 1987? just showing proof of too much living in the past...
Haynr8dr wrote:Rainbow Warriors.

'Nuff said.

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

My opinion: Everyone should stop crying, and be happy we still have a Division I/FBS football program.

We are the Rainbow Warriors.

Deal with it.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Nisei wrote:My opinion: Everyone should stop crying, and be happy we still have a Division I/FBS football program.

We are the Rainbow Warriors.

Deal with it.
We ain't gonna be division 1 FBS for long if we can't attract new fans to replace the aging/dying "rainbow" fanbase.

tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tavarua88 »

Some of the posts lately have just been down right disparaging. I'll reiterate, I'd personally prefer the Warrior moniker, liked how the branding and logo were looking, etc but in the end it really doesn't matter what we're called. Those who say the nickname will have some magical adverse affect on the program as a whole are really inflecting your own prejudice about a group of people and the stereotypes that go along with it. The two definitions of rainbow are not mutually exclusive, i don't know why it has been so difficult for some to see that.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

tavarua88 wrote:Some of the posts lately have just been down right disparaging. I'll reiterate, I'd personally prefer the Warrior moniker, liked how the branding and logo were looking, etc but in the end it really doesn't matter what we're called. Those who say the nickname will have some magical adverse affect on the program as a whole are really inflecting your own prejudice about a group of people and the stereotypes that go along with it. The two definitions of rainbow are not mutually exclusive, i don't know why it has been so difficult for some to see that.
We in hawaii may know what the rainbow name means to UH, but nationally they don't know. Again it's a perception issue.