Looks like bringing back the Rainbow name.................

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Looks like bringing back the Rainbow name...............

Post by SundayJam »

dcwarrior wrote:The problem with UH is, it is scrambling to compete in an extremely competitive environment in both academics and in athletics. So many things "don't matter" - low grad rates, too many commuters/not enough on-campus, low tuition for a flagship campus, bad facilities, etc. But you add them all up and you can see why so many students and athletes UH would want simply go elsewhere. Yeah, UH grads, YOU got a decent education. But the whole world of public universities are stepping up their game, and UH needs to be stepping up too. What may have been good for you won't be good enough for the incoming generation. The name? It won't make "much" of a difference, and hey, you can say, if it bothers someone, they can go elsewhere. But that's true of a lot of things about UH, and pretty soon UH goes from someones first choice to his or her second and we lose another recruit.
$5,000 for a semester isn't low. Public universities are ripping off the uninitiated. Its the whole 'build it and they will come' mentality all over again--as it was with the housing industry. Instead of investing in unrealistic housing in the 90's, we're investing in unrealistic education.

An education is worthwhile. An education at any price isn't.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

SundayJam wrote:
$5,000 for a semester isn't low. Public universities are ripping off the uninitiated. Its the whole 'build it and they will come' mentality all over again--as it was with the housing industry. Instead of investing in unrealistic housing in the 90's, we're investing in unrealistic education.

:o Supply and demand? Is housing ever going to be cheap in Hawaii? No. Is education ever going to cost less than it was before? No. So what we invested in the 90's in housing, has it paid off in speculation or inflation? It sure has....but its still a high cost. So education is no different to any advancing social aspects of our cultural diversification or a betterment of society as a whole. We need more educated people now more than ever. The demand is greater. The problems are very evident, and the rise of social media makes it even more clearer to the younger generation that they have more work to do than their fathers and mothers, and the challenges are greater than what their grand parents faced. :(
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

http://www.lostlettermen.com/hawaii-fb- ... bow-field/

One of the local stations had this guy on the news. He runs a website Lost Lettermen. He likes the UH Rainbow Warriors name and he recommends making a rainbow striped field.... I don't about the stripes, but its positive discussion....

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

I say do it, go all out. The change is done, the rainbow is back, embrace it

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

H20 wrote:I say do it, go all out. The change is done, the rainbow is back, embrace it
Funny thing is, particularly on the internet, outsider fans seems to want UH to go back to the 90s Rainbows look....contrary to what most UH fans think.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

J-Rod wrote:
H20 wrote:I say do it, go all out. The change is done, the rainbow is back, embrace it
Funny thing is, particularly on the internet, outsider fans seems to want UH to go back to the 90s Rainbows look....contrary to what most UH fans think.

They say do it cause they're not fans of UH. They don't really care what UH is called.

puali
High-quality H20 provider

Post by puali »

Yep, have the Bows football team have the field like this

Have current players and recruits wear these

Then have rainbow designs all across the UH campus, Aloha stadium, and around Honolulu. A happy rainbow colored place. Go Bows! :(

Thank you BJ for throwing away hard-earned, 10+ years of WARRIORS football tradition!

My avatar is not pro-rainbow, but anti-rainbow, pro-WARRIORS. HAWAII WARRIORS football. Go WARRIORS!

jhb3043
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by jhb3043 »

Ugh^^^^

I still hate the name change =;

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Why don't we join in on the gay pride parade to show off our new colors on national TV? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Link
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

I just had another brain storming idea. We can be the first gay pride university. How's that for getting more fans across the country. Who knows? Maybe they will come to the games to support their gay pride football team. I just found a way to get us out of dept. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

SundayJam wrote:
dcwarrior wrote:The problem with UH is, it is scrambling to compete in an extremely competitive environment in both academics and in athletics. So many things "don't matter" - low grad rates, too many commuters/not enough on-campus, low tuition for a flagship campus, bad facilities, etc. But you add them all up and you can see why so many students and athletes UH would want simply go elsewhere. Yeah, UH grads, YOU got a decent education. But the whole world of public universities are stepping up their game, and UH needs to be stepping up too. What may have been good for you won't be good enough for the incoming generation. The name? It won't make "much" of a difference, and hey, you can say, if it bothers someone, they can go elsewhere. But that's true of a lot of things about UH, and pretty soon UH goes from someones first choice to his or her second and we lose another recruit.

ripping off or not, show me an alternative that's cheaper.

there really isnt, short of scholarships.

community college doesnt count because you cant get a Bachelors.

i'd rather get ripped off and get a full degree than not go to school and be stuck without an education.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

xer 21 wrote:
SundayJam wrote:

ripping off or not, show me an alternative that's cheaper.

there really isnt, short of scholarships.

community college doesn't count because you cant get a Bachelors.

i'd rather get ripped off and get a full degree than not go to school and be stuck without an education.
Look, I've seen this scheme unfold many times. Someone says, "Its a worthy investment...It'll pay itself off..." The truth is...there is no historical precedent. Both public and private educational institutions are pulling a sham on the gullible public with the help of finance. Its the same old story: rip-off the shills and pay for it with taxes when they can't pay. No one in their right mind would pay that much for instruction.

Scholarships are also a scam. The schollie merely fills an empty chair and absorbs an education administered by student assistants.

puali

Post by puali »

Recent June 2013 events can serve as a reference for preparing the Bows football team.
35th anniversary of the LGBT Rainbow flag and the NYC Gay Pride Parade 2013.

Warrior Bash can be renamed Bow Bash.
Two words that goes nicely together. Rainbow themes for the promo and in the event itself.

Aloha Stadium can be renamed Rainbow Stadium.
Rainbow colors all around the vicinity and rainbow flags flying around the stadium.

GO BOWS!
Last edited by puali on Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My avatar is not pro-rainbow, but anti-rainbow, pro-WARRIORS. HAWAII WARRIORS football. Go WARRIORS!

puali

Post by puali »

Here are some candidates to replace the awesome Vili the Warrior.

Straight from NYC.
They can lead the charge when the Bows enter the football field.

puali

Post by puali »

For Bows football high school/college recruits, this can be distributed.....

GO BOWS!

Thank you BJ and the Rainbow gang for ruining 10+ years of WARRIORS FOOTBALL tradition!