Looks like bringing back the Rainbow name.................

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
BigWave96744

Re: Looks like bringing back the Rainbow name...............

Post by BigWave96744 »

H20 wrote:Yeah Marshall. I was gonna say Crimsons too for Alabama and ended up mixing them up lol. If people wanna say go big rainbow they can hahaha
:lol: the only big Rainbow I want is from Matsumoto's

HWNBRN
High-quality H20 provider

Post by HWNBRN »

H20 wrote:I honestly never knew how many raging homophobes we have on this site. So far this thread has done more teasing than we'll get from opponents all year. If that's the plan, good job. If not, maybe its time to let it go. We can still call them Warriors. Not like the Rainbow fans like Joe Moore that still called them Rainbows when the name didn't exist anymore. They can't even be called Rainbows or Bows now. It would be like calling Kahuku the Reds, or Alabama the Thunderings. Makes no sense.
bro, it's not about being homophobic. Gay people have a lifestyle choice and it's their's alone to make. my problem is that the Rainbow ( Worldwide Gay Symbol) is being forced on me If I want to make the choice of supporting my favorite team. I became a rabid fan during the JJ years. I was a casual UH fan before that. I never identified with Rainbows nor did I care too do so. But I did identify with the culture that june brought...so yea. it's not a homophobic thing, its just now we have a name culture being forced on us if we want to watch and support our team. Like buying gear to support, or debates with fans of other teams lol

and don't let them fool you, the uniforms are coming...these old fools like hawaii1954/chinen & Joe moore wont let it not happen

puali

Post by puali »

HWNBRN wrote:
H20 wrote:I honestly never knew how many raging homophobes we have on this site. So far this thread has done more teasing than we'll get from opponents all year. If that's the plan, good job. If not, maybe its time to let it go. We can still call them Warriors. Not like the Rainbow fans like Joe Moore that still called them Rainbows when the name didn't exist anymore. They can't even be called Rainbows or Bows now. It would be like calling Kahuku the Reds, or Alabama the Thunderings. Makes no sense.
bro, it's not about being homophobic. Gay people have a lifestyle choice and it's their's alone to make. my problem is that the Rainbow ( Worldwide Gay Symbol) is being forced on me If I want to make the choice of supporting my favorite team. I became a rabid fan during the JJ years. I was a casual UH fan before that. I never identified with Rainbows nor did I care too do so. But I did identify with the culture that june brought...so yea. it's not a homophobic thing, its just now we have a name culture being forced on us if we want to watch and support our team. Like buying gear to support, or debates with fans of other teams lol

and don't let them fool you, the uniforms are coming...these old fools like hawaii1954/chinen & Joe moore wont let it not happen
+1

There are many excellent replies, written in this thread by other SportsHawaii members, explaining
the PROs of being called only the WARRIORS and the CONs of the Rainbow name.

I'll just quote the most recent by HWNBRN explaining perfectly that this issue isn't about homophobia.....

we aren't homophobic, we are just aware of the negative connotations of a "Gay" pride moniker for our beloved football team

the proud warrior identity of Polynesia's team is now sadly relegated to LGBT status or whatever their movement is called
Last edited by puali on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My avatar is not pro-rainbow, but anti-rainbow, pro-WARRIORS. HAWAII WARRIORS football. Go WARRIORS!

puali

Post by puali »

LOL

Yes, that's the perfect anthem for the Bows.

Rainbow Stadium, with Rainbow flags and rainbow decorations all around the place,
will have the stadium speakers blaring this anthem and this video playing before, during, and after Bows football games.

Go Bows! :hello1:
Sportsbow wrote:
puali wrote:For Bows football high school/college recruits, this can be distributed.....

GO BOWS!

Thank you BJ and the Rainbow gang for ruining 10+ years of WARRIORS FOOTBALL tradition!

UH have approximately 500K fan base according to an article I read.

There's about 6 to 7 billion GLBT's around the world according to some articles.

UH RAINBOW fans should stand up and sing and dance along with the newly made RAINBOW anthem and salute to your pretty flag.

:banana:

Link
My avatar is not pro-rainbow, but anti-rainbow, pro-WARRIORS. HAWAII WARRIORS football. Go WARRIORS!

HWNBRN

Post by HWNBRN »

puali wrote:
HWNBRN wrote:

+1

There are many excellent replies, written in this thread by other SportsHawaii members, explaining
the PROs of being called only the WARRIORS and the CONs of the Rainbow name.

I'll just quote the most recent by HWNBRN explaining perfectly that this issue isn't about homophobia.....

we aren't homophobic, we are just aware of the negative connotations of a "Gay" pride moniker for our beloved football team

the proud warrior identity of Polynesia's team is now sadly relegated to LGBT status or whatever their movement is called
Amen! Nicely said! We went from "The hardest hitting team on the west coast " to probably "The most colorful team on the west coast". I wonder why these pro-rainbow people don't see anything wrong or abnormal about that.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

HWNBRN wrote: Amen! Nicely said! We went from "The hardest hitting team on the west coast " to probably "The most colorful team on the west coast". I wonder why these pro-rainbow people don't see anything wrong or abnormal about that.
:evil: What gets me is that we have RAINBOW Wahine , but no RAINBOW Kane? Or RAINBOW Na Koa? Or RAINBOW KU'Pale? Why have WARRIORs? Whats the point to RAINBOW WARRIORS? :x

I hope the HOPI NATIVE AMERICAN INDIAN tribe sues UH for intellectual property rights for the name "RAINBOW WARRIORS!"
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

HWNBRN

Post by HWNBRN »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
HWNBRN wrote: Amen! Nicely said! We went from "The hardest hitting team on the west coast " to probably "The most colorful team on the west coast". I wonder why these pro-rainbow people don't see anything wrong or abnormal about that.
:evil: What gets me is that we have RAINBOW Wahine , but no RAINBOW Kane? Or RAINBOW Na Koa? Or RAINBOW KU'Pale? Why have WARRIORs? Whats the point to RAINBOW WARRIORS? :x

I hope the HOPI NATIVE AMERICAN INDIAN tribe sues UH for intellectual property rights for the name "RAINBOW WARRIORS!"

why have "rainbows"??? is there frickin leprechauns in manoa?

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

This is probably the most unimportant thread on this site....and there are some really important ,thought-provoking threads on this site...but this thread isn't one of them.

Here's a hint....football season is around the corner and the thread just got moved out of the UH football forum so it wouldn't clutter up conversation about UH football ...whatever the team is named...heh,heh.

Get a clue ,people.!

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Well, on the bright side. We can probably get rainbow flags, pins, and other paraphernalia cheaper now...

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

unpaid wrote:This is probably the most unimportant thread on this site....and there are some really important ,thought-provoking threads on this site...but this thread isn't one of them.

Here's a hint....football season is around the corner and the thread just got moved out of the UH football forum so it wouldn't clutter up conversation about UH football ...whatever the team is named...heh,heh.

Get a clue ,people.!
Well it's not just a football only topic, it relates to all UH Manoa sports. So moving it out of the football forum doesn't make it irrelevant.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

EITSwarrior wrote:
unpaid wrote:This is probably the most unimportant thread on this site....and there are some really important ,thought-provoking threads on this site...but this thread isn't one of them.

Get a clue ,people.!
Well it's not just a football only topic, it relates to all UH Manoa sports. So moving it out of the football forum doesn't make it irrelevant.
:lol: I'm surprised that some that is UNPAID has any value on other people's opinions.....really get a clue? Jesus, dig deep into the pit of hyperbola on that line! :lol: [-X
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

I find it amazing that so many people are afraid of a name. No one on this board got to choose the name for UH teams.
UH teams have had at least three name changes...even more if you count the various Warrior,Rainbow,Wahine combos
that have been used .

Nobody at UH asked me or any of the rest of us about our input. You guys need to move on ,because ,based on UH history,you'll be hating on another brand in 30 years. I wouldn't let this spoil your enjoyment of UH sports.

puali

Post by puali »

unpaid wrote:I find it amazing that so many people are afraid of a name. No one on this board got to choose the name for UH teams.
UH teams have had at least three name changes...even more if you count the various Warrior,Rainbow,Wahine combos
that have been used .

Nobody at UH asked me or any of the rest of us about our input. You guys need to move on ,because ,based on UH history,you'll be hating on another brand in 30 years. I wouldn't let this spoil your enjoyment of UH sports.

Obviously you did not comprehend or simply ignored all the eloquent posts, written by other Sportshawaii members, stating the pros of being the HAWAII WARRIORS, and the cons of the rainbow name. This is not about being afraid of a name.

So, for you, it's best to just remain silent and accept whatever happens.

Well, Chinen and the Rainbow gang did not remain silent and were persistent for change
when the WARRIORS name was to be official for all men's sports.

Chinen and the Rainbow gang are selfish/ignorant, they threw away the HAWAII WARRIORS football name. A name that was a fine tradition for the last 10+ years.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

I think of it more like this.....can't control the name of the team. Can control whether or not I support the team in whatever way I can by going to games,donation. So,I still support the team.

People who don't like it are wasting their time arguing about the new name,,but I suspect that most of them,you included will still be supporting the team. See you there.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

puali wrote: Obviously you did not comprehend or simply ignored all the eloquent posts, written by other Sportshawaii members, stating the pros of being the HAWAII WARRIORS, and the cons of the rainbow name. This is not about being afraid of a name.

So, for you, it's best to just remain silent and accept whatever happens.

Well, Chinen and the Rainbow gang did not remain silent and were persistent for change
when the WARRIORS name was to be official for all men's sports.

Chinen and the Rainbow gang are selfish/ignorant, they threw away the HAWAII WARRIORS football name. A name that was a fine tradition for the last 10+ years.
:hello1: Mai'ka'i no! well said, puali! Best quotes I have read on this subject or thread.