Looks like bringing back the Rainbow name.................

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Looks like bringing back the Rainbow name...............

Post by unpaid »

I think I have been fairly willing to respond to posters who seem to be wasting so much energy on the team name even though the season is starting very soon.

This is a discussion forum,so I will be willing to discuss this with you anytime you want to respond to something I said about the name change. Is this an eloquent thread...I think not. One poster tried to hijack the attendance thread by steering it to the name change and it eventually got locked. How soon before this one does,too,,,,not long I would say.

Let us review. Thread on the name change got moved out of UH football forum.UH football forum thread on tickets and attendance got locked because the thread became a name change discussion. Now,I am not a moderator,but you can kind of see the handwriting on the wall...can't you.?

As usual ,your comments are welcome.I'll be interested to see how long some of you beat this horse after the season has started.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Has anyone come up with anything that's a positive that can come from the return of the Rainbow? Cause I've haven't seen or heard one yet.

And I find it funny and ironic that some here say just drop it and move on. Did that guy Chinen or whatever his name is just sit back and take Ben Jay's initial decision sitting down? No, he did something about it and got what he wanted. Of course he also had more powerful backers in the government and business on his side, but that is not gonna stop me from continuing this topic. Is that what should be taught to our children? Just take it in the okole and accept it? I don't think any of us would tell that to our keiki.

So sorry if I "don't get it"!!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

It is not wrong to teach your children to fight for what they believe in. You need to remember that your truth is not the same truth as everyone else's truth. At some point,everything breaks down without some people willing to coexist.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

unpaid wrote:It is not wrong to teach your children to fight for what they believe in. You need to remember that your truth is not the same truth as everyone else's truth. At some point,everything breaks down without some people willing to coexist.
I agree, my truth is not everyone else's truth. But remember, it goes both ways. Your truth is not my truth or everyone else's truth.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Yah,I figured it out a long time ago..

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

unpaid wrote:Yah,I figured it out a long time ago..
You sure?

puali
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by puali »

I thought I was hallucinating when I saw today's Honolulu Star Advertiser (08/19/2013).

The front page has the headlines... Meet the Warriors.
No Rainbow word. No rainbow designs anywhere on the front page.

Could it be that someone, or a group of people, at the Honolulu Star Advertiser, still support
for the football team's name to be the Hawaii Warriors?

Sigh. I wish it was the Warriors again. Left unchanged, kept the 10+ years Warriors tradition going.

But no, a lame, flip-flopping, puppet DA named Ben Jay came along. Couldn't keep his original decision,
couldn't keep his word.

Add to this, the annoyingly insistent, ignorant, Chinen & the Rainbow gang pushing for the rainbow.

Sigh. :(
My avatar is not pro-rainbow, but anti-rainbow, pro-WARRIORS. HAWAII WARRIORS football. Go WARRIORS!