What good things are coming out of Kaua'i?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
DDSPHON
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: New York Yankees
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Miami Dolphins

UH sports, example UH men's volleyball & MPSF

Post by DDSPHON »

In 1982 they had 3 separate teams namely about 21 players going in and out. 1 was for the mainland team, 2nd was for the Hawai'i team, 3rd was for the KIF team in Brian and Victor Poppinga and others thereafter. In 1987 they had Ross Kagawa for the UH baseball team, now termed Kaua'i County Council. The UC Irvine Anteaters, 2 time defending National title holders, this year beat BYU. What I'm saying is they were going on average height on the players. KIF just wanted to voice their marks in Ross Kagawa, Kelli Robinson, Tony Lazaro, and Michael Rita via The Garden Island newpapers and website blogs. This is the story behind Hawai'i players as Allen Allen, and Kawika Shoji, and Erik Shoji, all from Honolulu. The whole story on the playing times for these men. UC Irvine won it 2013, this year.

DDSPHON
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

UH sports and KIF, heading down memory lane

Post by DDSPHON »

The year is 1979 a man named Bernard Carvalho out Kapa'a High School, taking his part on the grounds of UH football field with a coach Dick Tomey and his assistants. Six foot six inches, and his brother also from Kapa'a with same stature, Andy Carvalho All KIF, and a dunking record I might add there, and a KIF basketball title for these two very talented men, KIF was at the hype of sports achievements with these two representing KIF. Andy Carvalho graduating from Kapa'a High School in 1978 was the most dominating force and competitor of his time, and also Bernard Carvalho the most dominating KIF player that ever played, from Kapa'a High School, Kaua'i. Many people remember these two men, dominating the sport in KIF. Waimea High School's coach then was Tommy Rita and if you were from Waimea, no competition, Bernard and his brother Andy Carvalho the most dominating sports icon of this era. Many remember Bernard and Andy. Bernard is now a mayor of Kaua'i with 17,204 votes to his credit, he now has an office at the Kaua'i County Office. If you remember them, KIF making their mark in HHSAA history with mayor Bernard Carvalho as the most talented player Kaua'i has ever seen. Read about him more....?

DDSPHON
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Crediting KIF for sports and UH and professional

Post by DDSPHON »

:hello1: Players: Bernard Carvalho, Andy Carvalho, Jordon Dizon, Brian Poppinga, Victor Poppinga, Scott Wong, Mike Tressler, Tim Ibia, Kelly Robinson, Ross Kagawa, Norman Holt, Kenny Estes, Deacon Henson, Siasau Matagiese, Vaughn Meatoga, Sean Shigematsu, Mark Rodriquez, Kui souza, Peter Caalim, Kevin Kaiakapu, Barry Magaoay, Mason Makashima, Aaron Makashima, Craig Ibara(HPC), Sandy Magoay, Maile Golden, Leyton Lacro, .....? Since the 1970s have shown up on your TV screens with the oohs & aahs when they were playing and recognized. Namely only a few, but very much remembered by some.

DDSPHON
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

What good things are coming out of Kaua'i?

Post by DDSPHON »

\:D/ Bernard Carvalho from Kapa'a was once here. UH football and now his picture on Kaua'i. What do you make of the budget they have? Many know him there as a fan of this and the sports here for UH. Where's the beef? Aren't you interested in what has been happening in your department over the past several decades? On Kaua'i!

Hawai'i known players: actively playing and honorable mention
2011' Kaeo Aliviado, 5-6, all state player out of Ewa Beach
2011' Tyler Young, 5-10, all state player out of Aiea High School, Aiea
2011' Eric Chew, 6-1, all state player
2007' Pi'ikea Kitamura, 6-0, all state player and national player out of Kailua, Kaneohe(6th year - injuries)

Hawai'i known players in past years: no longer at UH "jump higher"....?

74' 6-8 Mufi Hannemann, Kamehameha High School, OIA/ILH football & basketball, former Honolulu Mayor 2010
70-72' 6-8, Bob Nash, UH basketball, under Larry Little
70-72' , John Pennebecker, UH basketball, under Larry Little
72' 6-8, Artie Wilson, UH basketball, played with Bob Nash
75' 6-0 Cliff Sanchez, Kalaheo High School, UH basketball, under Larry Little
78' 6-8 Garland Hughs, California, UH basketball, under Larry Little
77'-80' 5-10 1/2, Derek Tatsuno, Mililani Trojans, UH baseball, Japan league, Japan
79' Bernard Carvalho, UH football, 6-6 now Kaua'i's mayor, overlooks 7 city county councilmen and Kaua'i County at 6-6 foot/inch tall.
2010' Mark Rodriquez, UH baseball, 6-1, Kaua'i High School
2002' 5-9 1/2 , Shane Victorino, Maui High School, MLB 10th year in league at Boston Red Sox
2003' 6-0, Kurt Suzuki, Hilo High School, Big Island, MLB 9th year in league, now with Washington Nationals
87' Scott Wong,6-6, UH football, Kaua'i High School
86' Jason Lactuan 6-6, Maryknoll High School, UH basketball, under Riley Wallace
86' Mike Tressler, UH football, 5-6, Kaua'i High School
86' Leyton Lacro, UH men's volleyball, 6-1,Waimea High School
80' Todd Yamase, UH baseball, 5-9 1/2, Waimea High School
82' Ron Deparalta, Las Vegas football, 5-10, Waimea High School
87' Barry Magoay, UH men's volleyball, 5-10, Waimea High School
2011' Vaughn Meatoga, UH football, 6-1, Kamehameha High School
82' & 85', Brian & Victor Poppinga, UH men's volleyball, 6-2,6-3, Waimea High School
83', Mason Makashima, UH baseball, 5-10,Waimea High School
83', Aaron Makashima, UH baseball, 5-10, Waimea High School
85' Onan Masaoka, 5-11, MLB tryouts, Hilo High School, Big Island
86' Wayne Ferreira, 5-10, UH Hilo baseball, Hilo, Hawai'i
88', Kui Souza, Sacramento State baseball, 5-8, Waimea High School
86', Kelly Robinson, 5-9 1/2, UH Hilo Baseball, Waimea High School
86-89' Ross Kagawa, 5-7, UH baseball, under Les Murakami, Waimea High School (now Kaua'i County Councilmen)
92' John Bostik, 5-9, slotback, Nebraska football, Waimea High School
86', Tim Ibia, 6-0, UH Hilo Baseball, Kaua'i High School
88', Peter Caalim, 5-4, UH Hilo Baseball, Waimea High School
2008', Jordon Dizon, 6-0, Detroit Lions, NFL, Colorado Buffaloes, Waimea High School
2011' ,Kenny Estes, 6-0, UH football, Waimea High School
89', Deacon Henson, 5-10, UH football, Waimea High School
87', Dawson Carvalho, 6-1, California University, Kapa'a High School
86', Hugh Ebinger, 6-4, HPU, Kapa'a High School

Just a few of them, I have more names, until I can figure out who they were in your local town anywhere, Hawai'i.