Last Stand for the "Rainbows" name

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Last Stand for the "Rainbows" name

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

Dave Readron's blog today is about an effort to save the "Rainbow" name. A fan (Stephen Chinen) is organizing a rally tomorrow at Bachman Hall 5 p.m. The blog post includes Chinen's followup email to all the leaders at UH including the Board of Regents complaining that no one responded to his initial email. Readron includes Ben Jay's response email. Tsai's Warrior Beat blog and Ferd Lewis' "Breaking News" story discusses a letter from the UH Letterwinners Club Board of Directors (Rep Mark Takai stirring things up again) to Ben Jay complaining about his decision in changing the name with out input from them or other booster clubs. Channel 2 Joe Moore piles on during his newscast. I wonder how many people will show up at UH today?'

I guess this is almost as bad as when University of North Dakota or South Dakota (can't remember which) had to change their name from the Fighting Sioux because of the NCAA ruling against "Indian" names. A big booster said if the school changed their name, he wanted his multi-million dollar donation back.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Last Stand for the "Rainbows" name

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:o So how many showed up? Who really cares about something that has dragged on for so long that this is beyond silly?

Warriors. Simple. Move on.
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Has anyone asked the people who actually matter, the student athletes? Time to move on already.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Go Warriors!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Last Stand for the "Rainbows" name - Name change again..

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/brea ... =207401211

Breaking News - Name flip flop back to Rainbow Warrior