hawaii unseeded gonna play in seattle for the 1st 2nd rounds

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

hawaii unseeded gonna play in seattle for the 1st 2nd rounds

Post by couz808 »

Even though we swept through the big west. Looks like we got shafted from the NCAA again

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: hawaii unseeded gonna play in seattle for the 1st 2nd ro

Post by My3Cats »

A travesty of typical NCAA proportions.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

game vs Santa Clara about to start now on ch16/1016, go wahine!

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by reignjah11 »

Hawaii sweeps Santa Clara 25-20, 25-13, 25-19. Plays winner of Washington-Central Arkansas tomorrow 5pm, not sure if ocsports will broadcast. GO WAHINE!!!

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by reignjah11 »

UH loses a heartbreaker to washington in five sets 20-25, 25-20, 19-25, 27-25, 15-11! Hard luck wahine, it was a great game between 2 top teams. its sad this game had to be played this early in the tourney because the ncaa still after all these years doesnt consider hawaii a top volleyball program. we should have hosted this region! its ok, next year everyone but maeda should return and we'll be back! good season, go bows!

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

When we start doing well in the NCAA tourney on a yearly basis instead of losing early despite having a good season and being undefeated in conference, then maybe the NCAA will take us more seriously. We always say that we are shafted but then proceed to lose early. I guess we are not as good as we think. We don't aim for conference championships, we aim for national championships so we should be able to beat anyone anywhere.
ImageImage

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by reignjah11 »

Irse wrote:When we start doing well in the NCAA tourney on a yearly basis instead of losing early despite having a good season and being undefeated in conference, then maybe the NCAA will take us more seriously. We always say that we are shafted but then proceed to lose early. I guess we are not as good as we think. We don't aim for conference championships, we aim for national championships so we should be able to beat anyone anywhere.
Actually hawaii does have a history of doing well in postseason play. Since 2000 hawaii has been in 4 final fours, 2 regional finals (final 8 teams), and 4 regional semifinals (final 16 teams). The ncaa still doesnt believe those accolades are good enough for hawaii to at least host an opening regional? smh Like i said whats the point of having a ranking and putting hawaii 8th and then not be seeded?

Irse

Post by Irse »

reignjah11 wrote:
Irse wrote:When we start doing well in the NCAA tourney on a yearly basis instead of losing early despite having a good season and being undefeated in conference, then maybe the NCAA will take us more seriously. We always say that we are shafted but then proceed to lose early. I guess we are not as good as we think. We don't aim for conference championships, we aim for national championships so we should be able to beat anyone anywhere.
Actually hawaii does have a history of doing well in postseason play. Since 2000 hawaii has been in 4 final fours, 2 regional finals (final 8 teams), and 4 regional semifinals (final 16 teams). The ncaa still doesnt believe those accolades are good enough for hawaii to at least host an opening regional? smh Like i said whats the point of having a ranking and putting hawaii 8th and then not be seeded?
We were good in the early 2000s but not so much recently. NCAA doesn't do the rankings other people do.
ImageImage

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by reignjah11 »

last year we made it to the regional semifinals, in '09 we went to the final four, '08 and '06 we got to the regional finals...i think we fared quite well recently. i know the ncaa doesnt do the rankings but they are based from coaches, experts, analysis, media, etc...you would think the ncaa would take it into account.

Irse

Post by Irse »

reignjah11 wrote:last year we made it to the regional semifinals, in '09 we went to the final four, '08 and '06 we got to the regional finals...i think we fared quite well recently. i know the ncaa doesnt do the rankings but they are based from coaches, experts, analysis, media, etc...you would think the ncaa would take it into account.
You are correct. I was thinking we were worse than that. We do have a pretty good track record in the NCAAs.
ImageImage

niterunner808
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
NFL: 9ers

Post by niterunner808 »

that's big time bull dude! did you even look at the seedings? explain how does the 4th place team in the SEC, Kentucky get seeded and the Big West Champion doesn't? the SEC didn't have 4 seeded teams, they had 2 with florida being the other. Kentucky didn't beat florida. how about louisville? what merits do they have to get seeded? none. they got seeded just because of geography. same with kentucky. seeded because of geography.

doing well in the ncaa tournament, brah, if you take away florida, penn state, nebraska, texas, and the pac, UH has more tourney wins than all of the rest of the teams combined. so your comment is dumb.