Wahine bats gone wild through 12 games.

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Wahine bats gone wild through 12 games.

Post by Sportsbow »

Wahine bats gone wild through 12 games

.459 Jessica Iwata
.444 Sarah Robinson
.436 Kayla Wartner
.406 Leisha Liilii
.379 Maka Duhaylonsod
.346 Alex Aguirre
.345 Dara Pagaduan
.281 Kelly Majam
.278 Sharla Kliebenstein
.333 Non-Starter total average
.375 Team Batting Average

Wahine Stingy ERA Pitching through 12 games

0.64 Stephanie Ricketts (7-0)
0.70 Kaia Parnaby (5-0)
0.68 Team ERA
Last edited by Sportsbow on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Wahine bats gone wild through 12 games.

Post by madeinhawaii »

mahalo!

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Kazz
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Kazz »

Sportsbow wrote:Wahine bats gone wild through 12 games

Wahine Stingy ERA Pitching through 12 games

0.64 Stephanie Ricketts (7-0)
0.70 Kaia Parnaby (5-0)
0.68 Team ERA
These stats right here... while they most likely will NOT stay this low, whatever the number ends up being, if like last season, will be VERY good.

Still.. this stat.. RIGHT HERE has been an UNDERAPPRECIATED statistic for this program, even from those that call themselves ballpark armchair experts.

Kaia Parnaby may not be a shut down pitcher and Stephanie Ricketts may not be a Monica Abbott, but these two are arguably the BEST tandem we've had and some people will have NO idea what we lose when Ricketts is gone next season to be followed with Kaia's departure after next season.

In another thread months ago I eluded to two HIGH potential pitchers Coach Coolen has verbals from, plus we all saw the signings of Loie Kesterson and Lindsey Carlos for next season, but still... people should appreciated Ricketts and Parnaby NOW while they still can.

All-American
All-American

Post by 808 »

I spoke briefly with Coach Coolen yesterday and he quipped about the Dollars/Kokua program that if he knew that the team's bats would be so productive RBI-wise (102 in 12 games), he would have suggested a "Rubles for RBIs" segment to the program, too! lol!

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

as hot as our bats have been, i think its also wise to develop a small game (bunts, stealing bases, hitting behind the runner, etc.) too. against really good teams no matter how great our lineup may be, its very difficult to put up runs against elite pitching. we cant just rely on the long ball to win those kinds of games.

Kazz
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Kazz »

reignjah11 wrote:as hot as our bats have been, i think its also wise to develop a small game (bunts, stealing bases, hitting behind the runner, etc.) too. against really good teams no matter how great our lineup may be, its very difficult to put up runs against elite pitching. we cant just rely on the long ball to win those kinds of games.
Fall and spring practices and scrimmages were very HEAVY on bunting and base stealing drills… VERY HEAVY.

The opening Oceanic Time Warner Classic saw Coolen utilize some small ball. On the road, hard to say if they did, but the opposing pitching quality was not up to snuff and was a good time for the batting order to get a lot of confidence.

As the pitching and overall competition gets harder from here on in, if the fall and spring practices were any indication, there could be more of a small game added than people have seen in the past.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Thats very encouraging then. Im glad coach coolen realizes the importance of small ball. I know its still very early in the season but i like what i see from this team and i know we have the potential to go far.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Weren't the bats that they are using "new" last season? I understand that they have to go through a number of hits before each bat is properly "seasoned." Then they are good for a few years before they need to be replaced. Am I wrong?

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com