Manoa Underground Radio Show

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Manoa Underground Radio Show

Post by Scott »

This week...Kanani Danielson lets us inside the mind of a superstar and shares Wahine Volleyball stories from the road. Plus, "Project Aussie Cheer" gets underway as the Underground sits down with Cheerleading Coach and secret MTV celeb, Mike Baker. Tune in Wednesdays at 7:00 pm on ESPN1420 or listen to the podcast at ManoaUnderground.com or iTunes!
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Manoa Underground Radio Show

Post by RedZone »

Scott wrote:Image
This week...Kanani Danielson lets us inside the mind of a superstar and shares Wahine Volleyball stories from the road. Plus, "Project Aussie Cheer" gets underway as the Underground sits down with Cheerleading Coach and secret MTV celeb, Mike Baker. Tune in Wednesdays at 7:00 pm on ESPN1420 or listen to the podcast at ManoaUnderground.com or iTunes!
I happened to catch their first show where they had Dunnachie on who when asked said that he want to hear "Aussie, aussie, aussie,....Oi,Oi, OI.... when he walked on the field to punt.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

Manoa Underground has another great show and mentions SportsHawaii.com's 1st and 10 interview with Jim Donovan. Check out this weeks show here: http://www.manoaunderground.com/ Keep up the great work guys!
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

homes808
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by homes808 »

Is it just me or do you feel like the guys on Manoa Underground conduct the most interesting interviews.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

AlmightyJ wrote:
BigWave96744 wrote:AlmightyJ you folks put on a good show...
Thank you! That means a lot. We're trying to get fans more connected to the athletic department, so getting fan feedback is criticially important. Please let us know when we do a good job and, more importantly, when we don't. We have very little experience and we will be the first to admit our shortcomings. We just want to get better every single week.

You can join our community at http://Facebook.com/ManoaUnderground, find all of our shows online at http://ManoaUnderground.com, and holler at me on Twitter (@AlmightyJ). We want to know what people are talking about and want to know more about. Make your voice heard!

AlmightyJ
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Colt Brennan Interview

Post by AlmightyJ »

Colt Brennan joined us on Manoa Underground this week and talked about what's next for his football career. You can listen to/download the interview here:
http://www.manoaunderground.com/2012/02 ... att-sisto/

808APE
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Colt Brennan Interview

Post by 808APE »

Good for Colt finally facing reality, he should have went the CFL/AFL route a long time ago when it was obvious he wasn't NFL material. At least we'll be able to see him on a team....don't know how much playing time he'll get in Canada, but at least he'll get some reps in and possibly a little tape for whatever. It's a two year commitment, he's already going on 29....so he'll never sniff the NFL. Oh well, he tried. Light'em up Colt!

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

808APE wrote:Good for Colt finally facing reality, he should have went the CFL/AFL route a long time ago when it was obvious he wasn't NFL material. At least we'll be able to see him on a team....don't know how much playing time he'll get in Canada, but at least he'll get some reps in and possibly a little tape for whatever. It's a two year commitment, he's already going on 29....so he'll never sniff the NFL. Oh well, he tried. Light'em up Colt!
How do you know he'll never get back to the NFL. What if he blows up in the the CFL? Look at Kurt Warner, Jake Delhomme, Jeff Garcia. They weren't starters until 29-31.

It sickens me how many Hawaii people talk poop about Colt now. Screw you %#@*ers.

808APE
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808APE »

EITSwarrior wrote:
808APE wrote:Good for Colt finally facing reality, he should have went the CFL/AFL route a long time ago when it was obvious he wasn't NFL material. At least we'll be able to see him on a team....don't know how much playing time he'll get in Canada, but at least he'll get some reps in and possibly a little tape for whatever. It's a two year commitment, he's already going on 29....so he'll never sniff the NFL. Oh well, he tried. Light'em up Colt!
How do you know he'll never get back to the NFL. What if he blows up in the the CFL? Look at Kurt Warner, Jake Delhomme, Jeff Garcia. They weren't starters until 29-31.

It sickens me how many Hawaii people talk poop about Colt now. Screw you %#@*ers.
Awww. I think most realists realize his position; happy to see him playing SOMEWHERE. The CFL is nothing to scoff at, it's a great opportunity for Colt. Shoot, it's tailor made for his style w/large fields and fast, quick offenses. He has a 99.99% chance of never playing in the NFL. That isn't hate, it's realism. But feel free to live in the fantasy world that June Jones tailor made for you. "Best QB in the country......#1 draft pick.....goes on ESPN making an IDIOT of himself claiming Colt was better than Tebow"....whatever June, there's a reason why Colt wasn't prepared for the NFL (see: entitlement and poor work ethic due to you putting him on a pedestal and bad mentoring) the NFL thinks you're a complete joke and moron and nobody outside of the WAC took your offense and subsequent stats serious. But whatever....
Last edited by 808APE on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tavarua88 »

man, colt must've touched you in a naughty spot.
808APE wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:

Awww. Need me to wipe your snot bubbles, rub your hiney, and change your diaper you little baby? I think most realists realize his position; happy to see him playing SOMEWHERE. The CFL is nothing to scoff at, it's a great opportunity for Colt. Shoot, it's tailor made for his style w/large fields and fast, quick offenses. He has a 99.99% chance of never playing in the NFL. That isn't hate, it's realism. But feel free to live in the fantasy world that June Jones tailor made for you. "Best QB in the country......#1 draft pick.....goes on ESPN making an IDIOT of himself claiming Colt was better than Tebow"....whatever June, there's a reason why Colt wasn't prepared for the NFL (see: entitlement and poor work ethic due to you putting him on a pedestal and bad mentoring) the NFL thinks you're a complete joke and moron and nobody outside of the WAC took your offense and subsequent stats serious. But whatever....

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

I had no idea the WAC could single handedly send someone to NY as a Heisman finalist. I mean, that must be the case right if nobody outside the WAC took what he did seriously. Interesting.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

=; Please...Colt IS a better player than little lord Tebow. That Hall of Fame Game where he lit up the competition with 3 td's in a single quarter of play was a thing to behold. I'm sick of the Tebow's, Young's, Flacco's, and Russel's stinking up the NFL. I understand how everyone would want another Steve Young, but I favor the Joe Montana's of the NFL.

Colt's only mistake was getting pummeled in the Sugar Bowl.

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

SundayJam wrote:Colt's only mistake was getting pummeled in the Sugar Bowl.
And that wasn't even his fault, we got killed on the line and JJ already had a foot out the door.

He did nothing but succeed when he stepped on the field in those preseason games. Would failing have meant he was worthy? Lol

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

H20 wrote:
SundayJam wrote:Colt's only mistake was getting pummeled in the Sugar Bowl.
And that wasn't even his fault, we got killed on the line and JJ already had a foot out the door.

He did nothing but succeed when he stepped on the field in those preseason games. Would failing have meant he was worthy? Lol
Getting beat up wasn't his fault? Lol...
Yer preachin' to the choir son.

After listening to the interview, it seems Colt more than understands the limitations of that window of opportunity in the NFL.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

H20 wrote:I had no idea the WAC could single handedly send someone to NY as a Heisman finalist. I mean, that must be the case right if nobody outside the WAC took what he did seriously. Interesting.
Ty Detmer.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1: