Pink Unis?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
hilo_65
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Pink Unis?

Post by hilo_65 »

Why is the baseball team wearing pink tonight?? Can't be breast cancer awareness again right?

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Re: Pink Unis?

Post by H20 »

No that's usually October, when we see the NFLers wearing pink

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

It was.
Special Promotion: “Power in Pink” day will be celebrated for each game of the series. UH will be wearing special Under Armour Pink jersey tops and socks to promote breast cancer awareness
http://www.hawaiiathletics.com/news/201 ... px?path=bb

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

I like them. Adds a certain flavor. Looks cool. Different. A nice change of scenery. Plus the meaning goes deep. I would like to see our football team wear them during one of our ESPN games. Show the world Hawaii supports the fight against cancer. Positive showing for the university, team, coaches, and the fans. Would this be a first in football? I've seen some wear wrist bans, socks, shoes, and what not. I don't recall seeing a team completely dressed out in pink.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

RAINBOWS BOUNCED
The Hawaii Rainbows have shown the ability to have a short memory all season.

They'll need to do it again with the 2011 season riding on what happens over the next five weeks.

UH's series against Valparaiso came to a much-needed end with the Crusaders winning 7-2 last night to snap a string of three straight series won by the 'Bows.

A Les Murakami Stadium crowd of 3,294 watched Hawaii's 27-game homestand end with three tough outings against a team that has won 14 of 17.

"I'm sure of two things," Hawaii coach Mike Trapasso said. "I'm certain we'll play better at Fresno because we can't play any worse than we did this weekend, and the other thing is we'll never wear these pink jerseys again."
http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/20 ... unced.html

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

IMHO, unless both MEN'S teams wear pink, I don't think a team should be made to wear pink... If I were a coach and my tenure depends on the "W's", I would shine it. Remember this
In summary: The status of pink football locker rooms today
University of Hawaii associate head coach George Lumkin was a member of the 1991 staff that saw visitor locker rooms at Iowa and Colorado State painted pink in the belief that the color made players passive. Now the WAC has a rule that a visiting team's locker room can not be painted a different color than the home team's. In other words, it can be pink, black or any color of the rainbow, as long as both locker rooms are the same color.

Source: Honolulu Star Bulletin 10/24/99

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

BigWave96744 wrote:IMHO, unless both MEN'S teams wear pink, I don't think a team should be made to wear pink... If I were a coach and my tenure depends on the "W's", I would shine it. Remember this
University of Hawaii associate head coach George Lumkin was a member of the 1991 staff that saw visitor locker rooms at Iowa and Colorado State painted pink in the belief that the color made players passive. Now the WAC has a rule that a visiting team's locker room can not be painted a different color than the home team's. In other words, it can be pink, black or any color of the rainbow, as long as both locker rooms are the same color.

Yes! Wear pink so the other team won't block or tackle us. :hello1:
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

I thought the pink unis with white pants looked pretty lame. Too bad they didn't have dark pants, or even the grays.

I'm from the "You look good, you feel good; You feel good, you do good" school of thought. The pink and white combo looked too much like pajamas.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

BigWave96744 wrote:IMHO, unless both MEN'S teams wear pink, I don't think a team should be made to wear pink... If I were a coach and my tenure depends on the "W's", I would shine it. Remember this

I remember that. LOL Didn't work for CSU very well. Wyoming still beat the crap outta them in football back then.